Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Bike Shootout - Drags Aug 5th '06

after sorting out the gearing this thing pulled a 9.1 at the end of the night.

Sugar Cane Racing prepares for a solo pass

action packed day,was good to meet everyone.Rekon i'll be up for a few runs in the future.

cheers

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Gotta say Davo it was a REALLY top effort you comming down from Sunshine coast with no bike mate!

My details are on the left, bit fuzzy but scanner isnt working

If any of you guys found a left hand side cover off a silver Katana, the one with the choke control, its mine. The cover fell off on my first pass and asked the track guys, but no luck. [V]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    HI GUYS i had a good day out but not very impressed with the promoters the oranization . very lack of how can they call it a shootout . $45 for a couple of runs would have been some unhappy people i think

quote:Originally posted by mule

HI GUYS i had a good day out but not very impressed with the promoters the oranization . very lack of how can they call it a shootout . $45 for a couple of runs would have been some unhappy people i t
    OI! EASE UP THER BUDDY
    Here are a few things you might want to consider.
    1. This is only the 4th time we have done this.
    2. The whole deal is organised & put together by a VERY small band of VOLUNTEERS, yeh that's right we get nothing for it,
    we even pay to get in the gate.
    3. Eachtime we have done it the numbers have increased from 22 at the first one 40 odd if i remember correctly at the second one,
    53 at the third one(which was the first to open at 1.30) & then an AWSEOME turnout of over 84 yesterday.
    4. These events were originally started by that group of VOLUNTEERS to get the average punter off the street & give them a taste of dragracing.
    5. It would seem that we have created a monster (no pun inteneded)which is why we are already in discussion with track managment to open even earlier,,,more time = more runs
    6. We sometimes wonder why we even started it, we tell everyone that if you weren't happy then tell us & we'll see what we can do to fix the problem
    but all that seems to happen is that someone always wants to flog us on a forum or the like & that REALLY pisses me off.
    7. If you have ANY suggestions on how we can do it better we'd LOVE to here them.
    8.Better still do one better than all the previous knockers & put your hand up to help.
    9. REMEMBER AT ALL TIMES that EVERYONE concerned with the organisation of these events is a volunteer & does it on there own time, using there own money & resources for promotional material such as flyers & the like, not to mention elevated phone bills, elevated blood pressure, worrying about the weather etc.etc. etc.
    10. If you think you can do better go for your bloody life mate & then you can see just how it feels to try to do something positive only to cop shit from people.

Can i ask why did they run that rail during the bike 2 hrs?

I'm told it was because they paid a ridiculous amount of money for a private hire of the track & were running late.
    Totally out of our control & trust me added to our stress levels.
    Basically it's like this, according to most tracks Bikes always have & always will be the second class cictizens of dragracing.
    Fortunately Willowbank is changing it's way of thinking albiet slowly, so at the moment we take whatever we can get & DON"T complain.
    Like i said before if ANYONE thinks they can do a better job then go for it.
    A particularly CRANKY SMURF.

from what i saw of the event it was well organised Rick. full respect for ya efforts mate.hopefully a 10 or 11 am start would help keep the punters happy. if it wasnt for cars doin "oil downs" there woulda been alot more runs in the night. (fukin rice burners)

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    YOU EASE UP i said i had a good day out but i heard people complain about things .im not bagging but why have a forum if you cant have your say . why call it a shoot out seeing you got so much to say answer that one for me. you said some in put would be good and all you did was abuse me . sorry god blow it out your ass

Stop ya shit pansy fight before it blows out fellas - WOOOOSSSSAAAAAAA! Mule please understand the amount of time Pappa has put into promoting the sport. So its why he has put forward such a strong explination. Perhaps we all should sit down to a beer and talk to the people at Willowbank and organise an ALL BIKE day so that we can have a better understnading of what goes on behind the curtains. No one is havng a go at anyone so lets relax and dont spoil such a cool arse thread hey fellas.

Well I paid the TnT fee and only got 2 runs. I also heard the tossers complaining But it was a damn pleasure to be there and learn so much. And Mule you gotta be happy with those times ya did mate. Lets keep this a flame free thread

* Passes the beers around*

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    ok all good yes happy with my times still got room for improvement .

good call ^^^

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast