Thread: Mikuni Sales and Spares

Mikuni Sales and Spares

http://www.mikunioz.com/

T D Hatrick and Co are located in Townsville and carry a full range of Mikuni gear at a much cheaper price than the motorcycle manufacturer,according to my mechanical advisor. Handy advice if ya got a stage 3 dynojet kit and your emmulsion tubes have clapped out causing that bottom end flat spot.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Thanks Davo, I need some parts for my carbs good link Mate

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Umm if you have a dynojet kit stage 3 or other wise that wont help unless they carry DJ parts as well as they are different and the the dj use hole sizes and miki's use flow rate to describe jets (or is it the other way round ?).
    So the numbers don't correspond(speeling?)
    Have Fun
    Andrew

good point Toco,and correct me if im wrong ,but the Dj kit does not include emmulsion tubes(the factory pro kit does,or is it the other way around)and therefore uses standard Miki tubes. I remember hearing that Miki make tubes to suit the DJ needles somewhere.So maybe they have a jet conversion chart from hole size to flow rate.??????,im not expert,but the bloke who told me is so i might just give Mikunioz a call.
    cheers

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Neither include emulsion tubes, but Factory pro do aftermarket ones.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Umm you might want check that mate dj do supply emulsion tubes as the thread on the jets are a diff pitch from memory too.

A stage 1 or 3 kit will supply you with mains (x2 sizes), needles, emulsion tubes, springs and other bits and bobs.

Factory pro use stock parts so you can just buy emulsion tubes from suzi dealer or where ever when they go oval and it will be fine.

I do have a table somewhere with the corresponding sizes (approx.) between miki and DJ, I'll find it post it when I can.

Have Fun
    Andrew

well that sjust bullshit cause i have bought both stage 1 and 3 from both and neither came with em. Did i get ripped off or what?

anyway i use factory pro now.

whats your opinion on both the kits Speedy,why do you prefer factory pro now? I was told to use Yoshi jets,variable cams and ignition advancer for best results but after numerous fone calls and emails(Mladin imports,yoshi USA and Japan) i gave up lookin for the jet kit.
    i was also told that 1 of the manufacturers kits include emulsion tubes and thort it was Dyno.
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????

Factory Pro - cause it got me a better response and smoother ride than the dynojet and uses Mikuni jets so can get em anywhere. Also other taper needles etc. They also do the best aftermarket emulsion tubes.

The stage 3 was shit compared to FP on the bandit - not as good midrange - dnyo tested result.

fuckem all! just use stock needles and rejet from there if you can find some good starting points for jetting. better still go flatslide mikuni pumpers! I am heading that way.

$1200

Thats them Davo - think ill stick with 36mm