Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Gixxer streetfighter build

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Looks good but I reckon you need a bit more angle and the top bits of RHS on the subframe will be too wide for that seat ,you may need to build a whole new subframe or at least cut her up....
    If your gonna run 2 wheels at the front you should at least have the rubber side down

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    yer as i said i am going to cut the seat down to a single "shorty" seat, this is only a mock up for my other gixxer ('90) i agree with you that it needs more angle on it, but hadent noticed the top brace untill you pointed it out, thanks, i will consider how to get around that problem

i hadent actually thought of running two front wheels.....................but now that you mention it............................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL however if i did i would cetrianly take on board your advice about having the rubber side down
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

Well i was in the workshop tonight and waiting for filler on a paint job that i am doing to dry so i thought "i wounder it the fireblade 929 USD front end will fit in the 88gixxer chassis" so i removed it for the VTR and put it into the gixxer, and with the exception of the steering stops (these will have to be removed and new one made) it will bolt up with no other mods, Pics tomorrow.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    03gixxer i have this tail on my blade
    just have to collect the bike at my mates house
    next week and i'll post up a pic of it so you can see
    what it looks like with a shorter seat.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:fireblade 929 USD front end will fit in the 88gixxer chassis" so i removed it for the VTR and put it into the gixxer, and with the exception of the steering stops (these will have to be removed and new one made) it will bolt up with no other mods,
    Get faarrked...I'll drop around this I gotta see.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    yeah updates please, if its a straight fit thats what i will run on my gixxer project

Blog Entries
    Definitely want to see this one!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Looks great- most fighter in germany are build of gsxr.It s a easy base because most parts are plug i. play. We have some experts for this base who can answer the most tech.quest.
    Best link in germany- must look for technik
    http://www.sellifighter.com/index1.htm

ok here is the pics of it in place, its not quite a direct bolt in fit ( what ever is ) but its not far from it, the stearing stops have to be removed and a new one made to fit ( i haven't done this yet ) but the head steem dosent have to be changed, no spaceres or bushes have to be made and the bearings are the same bearings. More pics are availbale if you require them just let me know what part of the front end you want a closer look at :-)

Ok little dash bolted to the riseres will go, and depending on what i feel like doing i might keep the pullback riseres or ditch them infavor of straight ones, ( this will mean that i wont be able to push the fork tubes up through the triple clamp ) however we will see when we get a bit further, but first things first i will need to finish the shocky mount for the rear suspention first.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    nice, i had to wind in my adjusters to fit my current set-up on
    its not ideal and im changing it now

still, that front turned up very nicely!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Go Hard Clive. I'm building a rigid Bobber with an XR600 for a customer at the moment and will do some more work on the Santee GSXR when I can.

Go Hard Mate

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    What's with the Kart wheels ?

I'm guessing a national class kart by the axle size LOL

chopper that build sounds intresting i wouldn't mind seeing it when it finished,

stocky they were for a cark that i was going to by but they were there and the correct hight for what i wanted so i used them.

It is mate and it's good to see what you're doing with the leftover bit from the 07' BBO bike. Here's a link to the XR http://www.choppersaustralia.com/for...pic.php?t=1961

thanks i will have a look

ok been slack over the last few months, other things to do and finish, but that is another story,

updates/progress/new ideas

finialy decided on a motor combo set up for the build, i have done a lot of research and decided to build a big block 750 motor for it, which will end up being 849cc and i will be doing this with off the shelf parts (even if they are not all suzuki) got here http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...287&FORUM_ID=5 to see the progress on this build.

next i have gotten around to shorting a tail unit for the bike, ok well half of a scratch up one and am now happy with where i am going with it so its time to get the good tail unit out and start measuring it up for the cut and shut.

With the sale of my 929usd front end i now have to find a new front end to fit to the bike, but i sold the ole one with this in mind so the money from that will help finance the new front end, which will be a late model cbr1000 or R1 USD with radial calipers but i am will to bide my time with this.

The next thing that i have done which shows no actual progress with the build but actually moves it froward leaps and bounds is talk with and automative engineer, who will be certifing the bike when it is built, so i now have approval for the single sided swinger, the USD forks, and so long as i get the welding done by a certified welder the subframe mounts and subframe as well. so in principle i have approvall for all the mods so far done/planed
    Thats half the battle over with

ASF Gold Full Member
    awsome, great to see the step by step process thanks for going to the trouble, am undecided on whether to put a single sided swing arm on mine or a late model suzuki one.
    Are the single sided ones hard to get?
    I\'D RATHER DIE ON MY FEET, THAN LIVE ON MY KNEE\'S!
    <br />

it all depends on what you want and what you are going to fit it to, the honda VFR750 SSSA are the easist to fit into the oil cooled gixxers, but it is not as easy as it sounds and some models are easer to fit them to than others. i am using a 96 model swing arm how ever i have now discovered that if i had used an early model (not sure how much earler) the suspention set up would have been much easer to do, but one lives and learns. i have also decided to change the 750 wheel for an 800 wheel (i can get a front to match much easer this way) but that in its self is not a bolt on conversion either.

What are you thinking of putting one into

ASF Gold Full Member
    have an '87 750 frame, has a '92swing arm fitted at the moment. wanted to swap it out for an 02 gsxr 1000 one, mate suggested i look for a vfr single cause that would be the same amount of trouble to fit. hhhmmm decisions decisions
    I\'D RATHER DIE ON MY FEET, THAN LIVE ON MY KNEE\'S!
    <br />

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast