Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advice on a new fighter.

Blog Entries
    Jack, Ben WAS on about the red bike headlight unit that you posted. The unit is from a german company but Stu (qickdraw - www.AuStreetfighter.com.au) obviously has one and he's in Sydney. The orange one is Tony's bike, and if I'm not mistaken, that is a cut down moped fairing which was all the rage a few years ago in England.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Then in that case yes I am interested, depending on the price of course because I am also interested in the basic double headlight which is on the AUStreetfighters site and another one I have seen but I think it was a custom job, was just a basic rectangle headlight but it had a billet box around it, very simple but nice.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Then in that case yes I am interested, depending on the price of course because I am also interested in the basic double headlight which is on the AUStreetfighters site and another one I have seen but I think it was a custom job, was just a basic rectangle headlight but it had a billet box around it, very simple but nice.

Hey guys just checking with your wisdom here. I am going to A1 motorcycles tomorrow to buy a set of R1 forks with calipers and guard for $800 I am under the assumption this is a pretty good deal but if you think differently can someone tell me before I spend my hard earned.

Also if anyone is after anything else, they are literally having a fire sale the place caught fire and he told me that he has got a heap of bikes he is about to sell dirt cheap I had a look and he has got some pretty good bikes there like TLRs Ninjas and Ducatis. They have heat dmage but I am sure that wouldn't bother a lot of you guys. The Phone number is (02) 9556 1162.

Do I need an R1 front wheel if I am getting R1 forks? If I do I will ask him about those too.

One last one, are there any swingarms from later model bikes that would be compatible with my 1100 or do I have to get an aftermarket one if I am going to put something like a 190 on it?

Hey guys just checking with your wisdom here. I am going to A1 motorcycles tomorrow to buy a set of R1 forks with calipers and guard for $800 I am under the assumption this is a pretty good deal but if you think differently can someone tell me before I spend my hard earned.

Also if anyone is after anything else, they are literally having a fire sale the place caught fire and he told me that he has got a heap of bikes he is about to sell dirt cheap I had a look and he has got some pretty good bikes there like TLRs Ninjas and Ducatis. They have heat dmage but I am sure that wouldn't bother a lot of you guys. The Phone number is (02) 9556 1162.

Do I need an R1 front wheel if I am getting R1 forks? If I do I will ask him about those too.

One last one, are there any swingarms from later model bikes that would be compatible with my 1100 or do I have to get an aftermarket one if I am going to put something like a 190 on it?

quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I hear the R1 usd front end is one of the best to get.

If you can i would get the forks, wheel, discs, calipers, triple clamps, master cycliner and guard. otherwise you will be adapting stuff to fit but its up to you to dicide how work you want to put in.

i would try to put the complete R1 front end on including top and bottom triples, just modify the steering stop to suit the slabbie frame.

just depends on you bubget i guess

quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I hear the R1 usd front end is one of the best to get.

If you can i would get the forks, wheel, discs, calipers, triple clamps, master cycliner and guard. otherwise you will be adapting stuff to fit but its up to you to dicide how work you want to put in.

i would try to put the complete R1 front end on including top and bottom triples, just modify the steering stop to suit the slabbie frame.

just depends on you bubget i guess

wreckers are doin the r1 front end complete for $1200. complete r1 ,r6 fronts go for about $700 onwards on ebay.cheaper on USA ebay.

wreckers are doin the r1 front end complete for $1200. complete r1 ,r6 fronts go for about $700 onwards on ebay.cheaper on USA ebay.

I don't really need the top triple as I am going to end up getting one of the top yolk conversions so I have the full streetfighter look without risers, is this a good idea or just a waste of money?

But I will probably hit the guy up for the front wheel as well if you guys think this is the best idea. Then I guess I will have to get an R1 rear so they match eh.

I don't really need the top triple as I am going to end up getting one of the top yolk conversions so I have the full streetfighter look without risers, is this a good idea or just a waste of money?

But I will probably hit the guy up for the front wheel as well if you guys think this is the best idea. Then I guess I will have to get an R1 rear so they match eh.

Blog Entries
    I'd go the complete front end if I was you to save on messing around. As for the back wheel: as the front end on the R1 is a 3 spoke affair, once painted the same colour, the back wheel could be any 3 spoke job. You never know, you might even go the VFR800/750 single sider?

R1 front end:

Blog Entries
    I'd go the complete front end if I was you to save on messing around. As for the back wheel: as the front end on the R1 is a 3 spoke affair, once painted the same colour, the back wheel could be any 3 spoke job. You never know, you might even go the VFR800/750 single sider?

R1 front end:

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Slabsider.

Pic stolen from OSS.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Slabsider.

Pic stolen from OSS.

Blog Entries
    I'm seeing some similarities to this one. (Nicked from Sickest bikes - Artkore's french mates):

The old Z1 & Z650 ducktails are still great!

Oh, by the way, your bike featured there as well Ben: http://sickestbikes.dyndns.org/forum...ralia&start=45

If you check this link check the awesome single sider on the photo second down from the top.......

Blog Entries
    I'm seeing some similarities to this one. (Nicked from Sickest bikes - Artkore's french mates):

The old Z1 & Z650 ducktails are still great!

Oh, by the way, your bike featured there as well Ben: http://sickestbikes.dyndns.org/forum...ralia&start=45

If you check this link check the awesome single sider on the photo second down from the top.......

that foto is just ILL Gix,whats doin with that oil cooler line,looks like its pickin up from the sump plug.love the minimal look.

that foto is just ILL Gix,whats doin with that oil cooler line,looks like its pickin up from the sump plug.love the minimal look.

Well I did it, hope you pricks are happy I just gave away all my money
    I got the forks, the calipers, ressy, wheel and discs, axle and both lower and upper clamps. Paid $1400 seemed fairly reasonable for all of that.

Does anyone know if there are any swingarms that will slide right in to replace the one on the slabby? Such as a gixxer 1 thou or any single siders as I would rather pay a couple of hundred at a wreckers than 1500 for a JMC or whatever they go for, I am assuming they are around that much.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast