Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advice on a new fighter.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Couldn't you just rig up a magnetic 'bike' speedo on it? I'm sure an Enduro computer would be just fine

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by Captaintoc

anyway you could get a pushy speedo and put the sensor on the front (or back) wheel
    As I said that is one option but it is limited to a speedo and some people like their tachos too.

Have Fun
    Andrew

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by Captaintoc

anyway you could get a pushy speedo and put the sensor on the front (or back) wheel
    As I said that is one option but it is limited to a speedo and some people like their tachos too.

Have Fun
    Andrew

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Well I did it, hope you pricks are happy I just gave away all my money
    I got the forks, the calipers, ressy, wheel and discs, axle and both lower and upper clamps. Paid $1400 seemed fairly reasonable for all of that.

Does anyone know if there are any swingarms that will slide right in to replace the one on the slabby? Such as a gixxer 1 thou or any single siders as I would rather pay a couple of hundred at a wreckers than 1500 for a JMC or whatever they go for, I am assuming they are around that much.
    Hi Jack,

I fucking crack myself up

Go here http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/patrick/home.htm and check out some of the projects the Brits/Euros have done on their GSXRs. One of them was the saga of fitting an R1 swinger...not a job for a beginner.

Next time your sitting looking at your bike...how about you measure the width of your swingarm at the pivot. (distance between the two sides of the frame)and let us know pls.

As for your carbies

1. Get yourself a manual. If you don't want to pay for it someone should be able to point you to where you can download one
    2. Loosen the clamps around the front and back of each carby (rubber manifolds and rubbers into airbox)
    3. The throttle cable should go through a plate with the end of the cable (a little drum) just pressed into the side of a half moon bit of pressed steel. You need to loosen off the cable to get this drum out. There should be a nut around the cable housing where it passes through the plate? Loosen this nut off back towards the cable boss...then wind the cable down into the plate until you have enough play to pull the ye drum out of the half moon thingy.

Here's a diagram

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Well I did it, hope you pricks are happy I just gave away all my money
    I got the forks, the calipers, ressy, wheel and discs, axle and both lower and upper clamps. Paid $1400 seemed fairly reasonable for all of that.

Does anyone know if there are any swingarms that will slide right in to replace the one on the slabby? Such as a gixxer 1 thou or any single siders as I would rather pay a couple of hundred at a wreckers than 1500 for a JMC or whatever they go for, I am assuming they are around that much.
    Hi Jack,

I fucking crack myself up

Go here http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/patrick/home.htm and check out some of the projects the Brits/Euros have done on their GSXRs. One of them was the saga of fitting an R1 swinger...not a job for a beginner.

Next time your sitting looking at your bike...how about you measure the width of your swingarm at the pivot. (distance between the two sides of the frame)and let us know pls.

As for your carbies

1. Get yourself a manual. If you don't want to pay for it someone should be able to point you to where you can download one
    2. Loosen the clamps around the front and back of each carby (rubber manifolds and rubbers into airbox)
    3. The throttle cable should go through a plate with the end of the cable (a little drum) just pressed into the side of a half moon bit of pressed steel. You need to loosen off the cable to get this drum out. There should be a nut around the cable housing where it passes through the plate? Loosen this nut off back towards the cable boss...then wind the cable down into the plate until you have enough play to pull the ye drum out of the half moon thingy.

Here's a diagram

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    This rawks

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    This rawks

Bloke with a smaller stick
    quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

g'day jack welcome to the site, that is one nice example of a 88 ltd as davo said

if you are going to get rid of ( ie sell ) the plastic work i'm intrested in buying them.
    I will make you a deal, if you are in NSW and you know a bit about bikes and you want to come around and help me finish stripping mine down then you can have all the plastics for nicks. How does that sound?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

g'day jack welcome to the site, that is one nice example of a 88 ltd as davo said

if you are going to get rid of ( ie sell ) the plastic work i'm intrested in buying them.
    I will make you a deal, if you are in NSW and you know a bit about bikes and you want to come around and help me finish stripping mine down then you can have all the plastics for nicks. How does that sound?

Blog Entries
    Ah, the first problem is that Clive is in Townsville.....
    But that's one hell of an offer!

Blog Entries
    Ah, the first problem is that Clive is in Townsville.....
    But that's one hell of an offer!

Yes well that just sucks arse big time. On a good note I managed to get those damn carbies out I took the disconnect from the bars suggestion, and man don't they take some yanking to get from between the air box and the engine.

Yes well that just sucks arse big time. On a good note I managed to get those damn carbies out I took the disconnect from the bars suggestion, and man don't they take some yanking to get from between the air box and the engine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345