Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the dark

RE-SIZE[?]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Rockin', sounds like a good idea there Crazy!

Sorry I have no idea how to edit my posts... otherwise I would resize the pic's

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Rockin', sounds like a good idea there Crazy!

Sorry I have no idea how to edit my posts... otherwise I would resize the pic's

Blog Entries
    Bej - as for resizing and editing just adjust your photos at imageshack and save them with the same name as these ones are linked to there. If you need to edit your post in any way just click the pencil and paper icon above the post you want to change.

Blog Entries
    Bej - as for resizing and editing just adjust your photos at imageshack and save them with the same name as these ones are linked to there. If you need to edit your post in any way just click the pencil and paper icon above the post you want to change.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    There re-sized, is that better?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    There re-sized, is that better?

Blog Entries
    Cheers mate.
    With the fuse box (get an auto electrician if your not up to it), unwind all the cabling so you see each individual wire, cut the wires going into the fuse box (taking digital camera shots, writing notes and marking each cable so you don't forget what goes where), trace the cables back along the bike and reroute them on the inside of the frame. Then create a mounting bracket on the inside of the frame and a rubber mount for it and position the fuse box, now cut the cables to size and reconnect, and the other way, get some new cables and connect to the proper places by feeding them back out the front of the frame at some point (maybe the ram air holes). At this point find what instruments you intend to use in the future and connect them up instead when the time comes.
    By the way, the space under your tank is heaps bigger than mine and I have everything shoved under there or under the seat unit!

Blog Entries
    Cheers mate.
    With the fuse box (get an auto electrician if your not up to it), unwind all the cabling so you see each individual wire, cut the wires going into the fuse box (taking digital camera shots, writing notes and marking each cable so you don't forget what goes where), trace the cables back along the bike and reroute them on the inside of the frame. Then create a mounting bracket on the inside of the frame and a rubber mount for it and position the fuse box, now cut the cables to size and reconnect, and the other way, get some new cables and connect to the proper places by feeding them back out the front of the frame at some point (maybe the ram air holes). At this point find what instruments you intend to use in the future and connect them up instead when the time comes.
    By the way, the space under your tank is heaps bigger than mine and I have everything shoved under there or under the seat unit!

Weekend Warrior
    Hello, don't be frightened by the wiring all you do is cut 1 or 2 at a time if unsure. Cut to length and join (best to solder the joints then insulate). All the fuses and relays can be moved to where you want them by either cutting or extending.
    See if you can find a jap car in a breakers yard and hack out a couple of engine looms or the loom running down the inner sills. This should give you lots of similar coloured/tracer cables to modify your own loom.
    Took me about 10 hours to do my loom but spread over a few days as there was no rush. I then covered the loom with split convolute tube for fire protection and of course neatness.
    Have a look at my link below for pics of my loom as it was getting done.
    Have fun with your build and post pics of your progress.

Weekend Warrior
    Hello, don't be frightened by the wiring all you do is cut 1 or 2 at a time if unsure. Cut to length and join (best to solder the joints then insulate). All the fuses and relays can be moved to where you want them by either cutting or extending.
    See if you can find a jap car in a breakers yard and hack out a couple of engine looms or the loom running down the inner sills. This should give you lots of similar coloured/tracer cables to modify your own loom.
    Took me about 10 hours to do my loom but spread over a few days as there was no rush. I then covered the loom with split convolute tube for fire protection and of course neatness.
    Have a look at my link below for pics of my loom as it was getting done.
    Have fun with your build and post pics of your progress.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Forgive my ignorance, whats a loom?

I'm assuming a chunk of the wiring harness?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Forgive my ignorance, whats a loom?

I'm assuming a chunk of the wiring harness?

Noooo, it IS the wiring harness.

If you look in some of the Haines manuals they have a page of translations between Pommie (an Englishman) and Seppo (an American) terms. They don't do Aussie or Canadian terms though.

Noooo, it IS the wiring harness.

If you look in some of the Haines manuals they have a page of translations between Pommie (an Englishman) and Seppo (an American) terms. They don't do Aussie or Canadian terms though.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    ahhhh, so you would splice a bit of the car wiring harness into the bikes?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    ahhhh, so you would splice a bit of the car wiring harness into the bikes?

Basically, that's the idea.

Getting hold of the same color coded wires is difficult and expensive, unless you follow Cammy's advice.

Basically, that's the idea.

Getting hold of the same color coded wires is difficult and expensive, unless you follow Cammy's advice.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    So, in an effort to get at least SOME customizing done before the bike hits the road I cut up the front fender today...

Here's what it started as... Mind you it was painted and what not

After a couple hours of work...

Thats so much better, no?

Oh, and Canadian is more or less the same as them Yanks...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast