Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the dark

Blog Entries
    Get rid of any you don't need and then shorten everything left and put it under the tank. You'll end up with one tidy loom that goes to your instruments.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:and Bohemion, you gotta cheer for the home town, go Oil!
    Oilers! Old Skool Team

quote:and Bohemion, you gotta cheer for the home town, go Oil!
    Oilers! Old Skool Team

Bejcar.....Totally off subject sorry...

Hey man perhaps you can clear somthing up for me. I used to play goalie so it really sent shivers down my spine. BUT i was watching a clip where this goalies throat was slit right open! did you see that and WTF! HAPPENED! he was still on his feet when it happened!!! Was is a college or A grade match??? The commentator sounded like Don Cherry ( Dont they all!.. Ah Rockem Sockems)

Bejcar.....Totally off subject sorry...

Hey man perhaps you can clear somthing up for me. I used to play goalie so it really sent shivers down my spine. BUT i was watching a clip where this goalies throat was slit right open! did you see that and WTF! HAPPENED! he was still on his feet when it happened!!! Was is a college or A grade match??? The commentator sounded like Don Cherry ( Dont they all!.. Ah Rockem Sockems)

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Gix11....

My tank sits directly on top of the engine and there's a shit load of fuses and crap over the 'ram air' intakes on the sides, any suggestions on how to work around those? Also, what kind of wires can I get rid of? Most the wiring is that super thick garbage that follows back to the wire harness, and it's about a cm to two thick, all taped together.

Bohemion...
    I think I recal vaguely that happening, I've seen it a couple different times, but one was from a guy getting tripped up, the goalie was on his knees in the 'butterfly posistion' and caught the blade of the skate.

I've seen another where it was a puck, but I'm pretty sure that was a player going to block a shot.

Since those have happened I'm pretty sure a majority of the Goalies rock the neck gaurds, either the ones that go under their jersey, or the ones that hang from their helmets.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Gix11....

My tank sits directly on top of the engine and there's a shit load of fuses and crap over the 'ram air' intakes on the sides, any suggestions on how to work around those? Also, what kind of wires can I get rid of? Most the wiring is that super thick garbage that follows back to the wire harness, and it's about a cm to two thick, all taped together.

Bohemion...
    I think I recal vaguely that happening, I've seen it a couple different times, but one was from a guy getting tripped up, the goalie was on his knees in the 'butterfly posistion' and caught the blade of the skate.

I've seen another where it was a puck, but I'm pretty sure that was a player going to block a shot.

Since those have happened I'm pretty sure a majority of the Goalies rock the neck gaurds, either the ones that go under their jersey, or the ones that hang from their helmets.

yeah i just use the Itech throat protectors. Was scarey as!

yeah i just use the Itech throat protectors. Was scarey as!

Blog Entries
    That all depends on what instruments you're going to use or loose. If you're keeping all of them then just unwind that loom you mentioned and shorten each of the cables in that loom to get rid of the extra length, then rewrap it in black electrical tape or something tidier. Take your tank off to see where the wires go currently.

Blog Entries
    That all depends on what instruments you're going to use or loose. If you're keeping all of them then just unwind that loom you mentioned and shorten each of the cables in that loom to get rid of the extra length, then rewrap it in black electrical tape or something tidier. Take your tank off to see where the wires go currently.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Haha, oh, the tank is off... along with a lot of other stuff...

I'll have to take some pic's tonight after work to show you what I'm talking about, but I think I get what you're saying.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Haha, oh, the tank is off... along with a lot of other stuff...

I'll have to take some pic's tonight after work to show you what I'm talking about, but I think I get what you're saying.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Okay, so I've been busy.... works been a GONG show since spring finally decided to show up, and everyone is trying to get their bikes and ATV's running again... I still haven't had a chance to get any pictures taken, hopefully I can do that on Sunday...

I've mocked up the bars and noticed that they're going to step the grips out and up a bunch, any take on a way to re-route my cables so they fit, or should I just get some longer ones?

None of the wires go under the tank, they are all routed along the frame towards the battery, mostly on the sides, but nothing under the seat or anything. What do you do with the wires once they're put under the tank? Do they need to have any kind of heat treating on them? What should I do with the 'fuse box' on the left side of the bike?

I've also noticed an oil cooler mounted to the upper cowl subframe... Where should that get moved to?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Okay, so I've been busy.... works been a GONG show since spring finally decided to show up, and everyone is trying to get their bikes and ATV's running again... I still haven't had a chance to get any pictures taken, hopefully I can do that on Sunday...

I've mocked up the bars and noticed that they're going to step the grips out and up a bunch, any take on a way to re-route my cables so they fit, or should I just get some longer ones?

None of the wires go under the tank, they are all routed along the frame towards the battery, mostly on the sides, but nothing under the seat or anything. What do you do with the wires once they're put under the tank? Do they need to have any kind of heat treating on them? What should I do with the 'fuse box' on the left side of the bike?

I've also noticed an oil cooler mounted to the upper cowl subframe... Where should that get moved to?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Okay finally got a second to get some pictures taken...

These would be the fuses on the one side that I was talking about

I have no idea how to re-route these, are they going to have to sort of stick around or do I have any options?

On the left hand side, there is considerably less wiring

However the space under the tank doesn't look like there will be much room for anything

Annnd heres what she looks like so far.. waiting for fork seals then she should be mostly road worthy.

Since neither my mechanic (my dad) or I, have any clue how to go about the streetfightering and don't really have a clear goal in mind we're going to wait out the riding season and leave the bike in 'stock' trim for now and then start hacking it up once the snow flys again. In the mean time I'm going to try to amass as much how-to ideas and get the parts in order so it can kind of all be done in one shot.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Okay finally got a second to get some pictures taken...

These would be the fuses on the one side that I was talking about

I have no idea how to re-route these, are they going to have to sort of stick around or do I have any options?

On the left hand side, there is considerably less wiring

However the space under the tank doesn't look like there will be much room for anything

Annnd heres what she looks like so far.. waiting for fork seals then she should be mostly road worthy.

Since neither my mechanic (my dad) or I, have any clue how to go about the streetfightering and don't really have a clear goal in mind we're going to wait out the riding season and leave the bike in 'stock' trim for now and then start hacking it up once the snow flys again. In the mean time I'm going to try to amass as much how-to ideas and get the parts in order so it can kind of all be done in one shot.

as they say a picture is a thousand words... so ive added a few.

the best bet is to gather all the bits you want to added/transform on the bike and then just make it fit as you go.. works for me. you have an advantage in that the frame is steel. it makes it easier to chop and weld at home.. and remember this mantra... measure twice cut once.

oh and i find a carton of piss usually helps the process

cheers.joe.

the original..

close up of welding etc..

and one of the bike with the new subframe.. busa item.

as they say a picture is a thousand words... so ive added a few.

the best bet is to gather all the bits you want to added/transform on the bike and then just make it fit as you go.. works for me. you have an advantage in that the frame is steel. it makes it easier to chop and weld at home.. and remember this mantra... measure twice cut once.

oh and i find a carton of piss usually helps the process

cheers.joe.

the original..

close up of welding etc..

and one of the bike with the new subframe.. busa item.

RE-SIZE[?]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast