Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wanted- cheap project

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Well, that cuts the list down to :-GPZ750, GPZ1100, FZR1000 and the GSX750(sort of)

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    hehe "gaggin for it"

was anyone at the sydney big day out?? HAHAHAHaaa
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

The CBR600 is a 94' model. It requires alot of work. The frame is bent, the entire front end(except brakes) needs replacing, the engine is frozen from sitting for so long and the bodywork needs repair. Not worth it.

Weekend Warrior
    Suzuki is the God of motorcycles nuff said.

I wouldn't personally get either Suzuki I've listed. Best value for money is either GPZ with me leaning towards the 750 as it's got a headstart on fightering by someone already.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    How would a turboed CBR1000F drag bike/street fighter project grab ya?

I'm looking for $6K ono, and open to offers.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hey man just looking at your bike on your thred.
    looks interesting but not really my cup of tea. and i've just lost my licence for 4 months which means restarting my ps and another year untill i can ride a big bore.

140 in a car in a 110 zone when i'm spose to be doing 80

i'm over driving cages. so now i'm looking for a fast 250 like a cbr/fzr or a vtr to mod.

just out of interest does your bike have a blow off valve,that would be sick. i want a turboed bike just because it would make that noise

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    another thought does anyone now if you can fit a singal sided swingarm to a vtr 250.

i know its not really you guys type of thing but nobody else on the net seems to know which probly means it isn't possible. but maby get a 400cc one??

quote:Originally posted by pottsy

looks interesting but not really my cup of tea. and i've just lost my licence for 4 months which means restarting my ps and another year untill i can ride a big bore.

140 in a car in a 110 zone when i'm spose to be doing 80

i'm over driving cages. so now i'm looking for a fast 250 like a cbr/fzr or a vtr to mod.

just out of interest does your bike have a blow off valve,that would be sick. i want a turboed bike just because it would make that noise
    Riceburner [V]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by pottsy

looks interesting but not really my cup of tea.

The bike 'apparently' isn't anyones cup of tea. I've had so many people say "man, I'd love to have your bike. Its sick." blah blah. But now the bike is for sale, everyone is like "oh, its not really what I want". These are the sure signs of a 'dreamer'.

Yes, it does have a BOV.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Of course, alot of these idiots would kill themselves on it anyway. So long as I get my cash and the gene pool is filtered.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    yeah it just looks abit fugly with the stretched swingarm. put on a stock one at it would look better( untill you touched the throttel and fliped it) you'll find someone whos interested you should put a post of it on a drag bike website (if there is such thing) if its a proformer i recon those guys would be interested. i don't think i'm quite ready for a 1000 anyway even less a turboed.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hey guys just bumping this. yet again i'm looking at a bike, local bike wreckers. Late 80's GPX750 cosmetic damage (the plastic fantastic one with the big flat engine cover on right side) 1100 i can trade my dirt squirter in for it. got any pics for nice ones of these they are abit uninspiring but i'm sick of dreaming and want to tinker.

The GPX had a stonkin motor in it, went really hard, looked like shite though.

But if you're fightering it, the original looks don't matter so much, I mean the Blades make great looking fighters, but stock? well just another bloody Honda then.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm. Bit of a tough one that one. These are the best I could find"

Not totally inspiring, but something.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    That’s the one. All the panels a bashed up anyway straight off with them. You say they have a good motor? Crap handling I read but they are 20 years old. That bikes okay so it would be possible to build something I just don't want to be buying the sports bike equivalent of a Volvo!
    This is pretty much the same (colour and everything) except mine is apparently a 750 http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.a...630RGPX600.htm
    Thanks guys

If you're willing to wait, keep your eye on the auctions (Fowles). They do get pre-nineties bikes coming through - and if they're pre-ninety they don't get listed on the write-off register - which means you can get a Safety Cert and take it straight to Rego. I've seen a couple of FZR1000's, 87 models (I think), go through the BNE auctions for around $1200 with about the same damage as that GPX.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I don't really want to stuff around with auctions and waiting. I’ve seen this bike and it’s cheap. I’ve just spent half the day putting my DR back together and if I can do a direct swap or little bit of money (my money) I’ll take it. 750 with 100hp is enough for me atm especially if it handles like a pig. No need for a thou it’s also something different and I like the look of the engine. Just need to raise the back sub frame and custom bodywork. Thanks anyway mate.

No worries Pottsy - it'll be good to see a GPX fighter build in this forum. Go for it!

hey pottsy have 89 gsxr750...fairing off...ready to turn into streetfighter...yoshimurra zorst...dyno jet kit..k&n filter...with all original running gear...59000ks...wanted 4000THOU... but willing to haggle...i live in south aust tho...trip across the ferry and hire a ute to get here...piccies on bike for sale forum...caio geesexar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast