Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wanted- cheap project

pottsy

wanted- cheap project

hey guys the time has come to take the plunge and get a big bike. i'm looking for a fairly easy project bike to streetfighter. Go up to 3000 grand but would rather for less. what you guys got (or seen around?) cheers i'm open to anything

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    What are you after and where are you located. I know of several in the Sydney area that aregood candidates.

There is a nice gold Kat on e-bay for sale []

Get yourself a GPz900R mate. A good one will fit you're budget, and they go hard, look good stripped, and have that magic K on the tank.

Blog Entries
    You being in Tassie might cause a problem. I was going to suggest Huddo's second bandit but that'll be shit loads to ship down there. I think he's considering selling it in parts now anyway.

I thought they only rode V-Twins in Tassie? So that the bike has the same number of heads as the rider?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hey i ment 3 grand not 3000 grand!

yeah i live in tas. i could prob get something from vic pretty easy just drive my ute over on the spirit and pick it up. any idear of how much shiping would be for a bike from sydney to tas? something like cbr 600 gsrx 600/750 or a kawasaki but really i'll take a look at anything. is there any pics of huddos bandit? there is some nice stuff on ebay but i'd rather buy something of someone here so its abit lest risky

Dont they do a ferry from sydney? [8D]

Any info pics on Huddo's extra Bandit?

I might be interested at the right price. I was looking on the Lazareth site earlier, and they do the Busa kit for 5900 Euros, not much less than a full Spondon (yes I know the Spondon would be a much superior bit of kit), and probably the only way to get a B-King at this stage.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    yeah they do have a boat going to sydney. what have you seen choper?

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    this looks like it would scrub up nicely
    http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.a...%20XJR1300.htm

darn, its got a bent subframe...
    http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.a...%20XJR1300.htm
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

A GSX750ET for $580 at Cash & Co Wreckers, a GPZ750R for $1200(priv), a GPZ1100B1 for $1500 at Windsor Wreckers, a private CBR600(damaged) for $2200, a private GSXR750(89)for $1500 and a private FZR1000 for $1500. Thats just in the last month. Most are good runners.

Blog Entries
    That GSXR750 would be perfect for your next step up mate and a great 'Fighter base as you well know.

Weekend Warrior

How about this one a Suzuki 7/11 for 6 g's, too much ?? I'm unsure if it's a good deal myself but someone here could tell you it is whether or not. It's a Mick Hone Motorcycles in Melboune. I'll be at the bike shop next week if you want me to check it out.

Cheers Rich

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    i looked on the spirit of tasmania site i seem to be up for about 400 bucks to go up to sydney and bring one back. probs about 300 for melbourne.

yeah gsxr is nice. but also interested in the cbr. how old is it and how damaged thanks guyz this is very usefull.

yeah not sure if i'm ready for a 1300 fimp. nice bike though its not a big deal for a bent sub frame surely?
    this week i'm going to see what i can get for the two bikes i own now and maby i might come up at easter and buy myself a bike(and have a holiday too)

best value for money is the GSXR 7fiddy,you'll get a good 1 for 3large.[:X]

You could also get a damaged Fireblade around 91-93 for that sort of money. They make great project bikes... keep saving while your looking.

I know its not in your range but geez this is a good pickup

http://www.motorcycledisposals.com.a...9R%20ZX12R.htm

That would make a kickass fighter.[}]

Blog Entries
    Fimp was being sarcastic Pottsy. The first thing you do (if you're really gonna go for it) with a 'fighter is change the tail end and usually the subframe, hence, this thing is gagging for it.

The CBR600 is front end & bodywork damaged. It's an early 90's model I think. I'll drop by the owners house on the way home from work & get some details. You would be looking at a replacement front end and probably need the frame straightened as well. Will get more details on the others if needed.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thanks man but don't trouble yourself!
    i would like a bike that has good frame forks as i don't want to have a too involed bike. just rip the faring off and get some motorcross bars for the momement...then start putting on some custom idears
    chasing a early model gsxr1100 localy will see my dirt squirter next week then i'll have some money and start checking stuff out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast