Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wanted- cheap project

Weekend Warrior
    Sorry Pottsy but I reckon your getting the Volvo if you go for the GPX750.

Probably abit unfair but they were the labrador of the 750s when new.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nah mate I’ve got a Ute but the whole idears of this bike is that it’s going to cost me nothing to get. Much as I’d like a holiday in SA but having lost my licence (read earlier in thread) it’s hard enough for me to organise my mate to drive my Ute and pickup/drop off an hour away let alone the mainland! Thanks anyway sure you'll find someone who wants it.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks for your opinion God. But I think unfortunately I’m not taking your, however holy, advice. I’ll go check it out properly tomorrow might take some pics too. It’s powerful enough for me and I’ll just rip of the (shit house) body work. Might get some new forks/wheels to but that’s all in the future.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Hey pottsy where in TAS do you live, just out of interest. I was born and bred there but left at 17.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Well I’m not bred here (not a thing you really go around saying!) originally from Mornington Vic but moved when I was young.
    I live part time in Launceston for school, work, getting pissed then go home to near Georgetown when I have no money left and to check out the net.
    I’m leaving too next year! Queensland I think, have to meet the members up there. Tassie is just too cold.
    I’m going to see the bloke again on Tuesday with the bike I want to swap for it we shall see then!

Weekend Warrior
    Hey Pottsy,

Where near Georgetown? I lived in Georgetown in the mid-90s - opposite better pub near the water. I was back there for work about 6 weeks ago, still have best apple pies at Tamar Cake shop. Hmmmm...

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    haha whoa hell yeah best bakery there!
    I worked at the Pier(that pub) for half a year back in gr 10.
    never thought anyone would know there. I live Pipers River way.
    Where are you at now God?

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Pottsy,

I am based back in Melbourne now but generally spend about 3 weeks a month travelling for work through WA, Tas, Qld & NT.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i worked at comalco for a couple of years also worked at a slate mine at Back Creek,

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Oz,

Small world! I was based at Georgetown for a project at comalco - in a move to be environmentally friendly the smelter hired us to enclose all the nasties with plastic. It was then covered with soil and planted grass. Looks a treat!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    God, Man's attempt to communicate with the weather?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by God

but generally spend about 3 weeks a month travelling for work
    thats quite alot of traveling! crazy how people know my part of world! Going to possibly pick up the bike tomorow if they guy will take my bike as a direct swap! fun fun

edit:And you worked at the slate mine oz?? That’s about 15 min (dirt bike) ride from my place! Where abouts are you based now? Had some scary meetings with the local pot growers back out there... Threatened with shotguns and the like full throttled it out of there and never going back! bloody hillbillies well i guess thats what you get for living in hicksvill!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123