Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage 2 works .... (Dyno updated 27 Jul)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Stage 2 works .... (Dyno updated 27 Jul)

Hey guys/gals and fimps,

Decided recently that Id start doing some work towards the arse end swap from my standard body work to a nice sleek option. The plan was to remove my rear subframe to allow correct measurements to make a bracket to attach new subframe. Unfortunately, things never go to plan...

Bye bye old crusty body work...

While I was trying to take off the two bolts on the left side holding the old subframe, they decided to resist and strip out. After trying to use the easy-out (which made things worse), I ended up drilling out the bolt and snapping off the heads. Unfortunately, there are always casualties of war....

Now with no way of attaching the old subframe any easier than attaching new one... I decided that now was as good a time as any to move forward with completing the arse end transplant.

Almost got the attaching plates done now, but just got a few pics below that give an idea what the beast might look like lol..

More to follow when lights and seats etc arrive....

Jarrod

Nice work Jarrod - that tail piece looks like a U.F.O.
    Cant wait to see more - Necessity is the mother of invention!

looking sweet!!!! that tail looks awsome....

Pretty nifty tool board you've got there Jarrod.....Oh yeah - bikes looking good too.....

Its feckin huge!

You may have to hang a red flag off the back to stop people running into it...

lmao... I wish... first photo is in my garage (read: full of excess crap), where as the other pic with all the tools... shhh its a secret, its at work somewhere

Jarrod

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Nice choice of tail Jarrod, I do however agree with CC. Can you bring the tip in line with the tyre? Just an idea, you can tell me to get fucked if you want.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Not sure at moment, will wait till i got all parts lol and then see what I can do. Worse case scenario, I might have to lift it up as high as Lukkie rikkie has... will see how I go.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

Jarrod

Bloke with a smaller stick
    i would chuck the tank on aswell mate cause you gotta get the lines right with the tank. from your pics i would sta lift at the front lower on the tip and shorten the gap between the start of the plastic and the frame, this will shorten the overhang.

good luck

looks good, remember everyone it will look better with pipes under it like it should have

I wont be putting the stock or equivalent pipes under the seat quite yet... cant quite afford it at the moment. Was thinking of putting a pipe similar to the "degenerate", but having fun trying to find a set of 4-1 headers for the right price... Did have one option passed on, but the guys at Micron dont make my model pipes anymore... bugger

Jarrod

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    Hey Jarrod you still want the pair of new micron race cans I have reserved for you or will your bike be requiring something different now it's been changed.
    No worries if ya dont want or need them anymore as others have expressed an interest in them. Doktor or Doctor ? I think is next inline.

I cant wait to get started on my bike when I get there.
    Come on house sale fuggin hurry up and complete.

i know someone who has a set of 05 r1 pipes in his shed he might be willing to part with

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Hey Jarrod you still want the pair of new micron race cans I have reserved for you or will your bike be requiring something different now it's be changed.
    No worries if ya dont want or need them anymore as others have expressed an interest in them. Doktor I think is next inline.

I cant wait to get started on my bike when I get there.
    Come on house sale fuggin hurry up and complete.
    Still need them at this stage mate. Might have to still use them for a while till I get a enough money for the new headers. Gonna have an extended bracket similar to what deano had for his pipe but on both sides...

Jarrod

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    i like the tail as well but we need a full side pic with the whole bike and pipes to really tell. I personally dont like tails that go past the wheel but thats thin enough at the back it might be alright, only time will tell great work though!

well good to see ya got inspired at the AFR mate.Forget the 4-1.your bike is running 4-2-1-2 system standard.its a fuckin highly tuned system that is restricted thru the cans.you need to cut it at the collection point before it splits back into 2, and have a single collector pipe built to suit a single aftermarket can($100 approx).I havn't tried this,but was advised to take this root by an exhaust expert (Dennis Foran).

Looks tits mate,i'm impressed.
    cheers

quote:Originally posted by davo

well good to see ya got inspired at the AFR mate.Forget the 4-1.your bike is running 4-2-1-2 system standard.its a fuckin highly tuned system that is restricted thru the cans.you need to cut it at the collection point before it splits back into 2, and have a single collector pipe built to suit a single aftermarket can($100 approx).I havn't tried this,but was advised to take this root by an exhaust expert (Dennis Foran).

Looks tits mate,i'm impressed.
    cheers
    Thanks Davo, glad you like. Slight problem with the exhaust info. Mine has 4-2-2 as the pipes dont go into a 4-2-1-2. Attached below is a pic of my system.

The left hand pipe has a branch pipe across to the right.

Jarrod

ASF Premium Full Member
    Jakam, Did you check with www.demontweaks.co.uk for your pipes? They carry a lot of aftermarket stuff for older gixxers, my full s/s system with race can cost less than a grand delivered to my door.
    more titanium than my bike

quote:Originally posted by hooligan

Jakam, Did you check with www.demontweaks.co.uk for your pipes? They carry a lot of aftermarket stuff for older gixxers, my full s/s system with race can cost less than a grand delivered to my door.
    Thanks mate. Unfortunately, they only have an archopovic system (probably not spelt correctly) which was 1400 delivered... I cant stretch that far at the moment... am just hoping my bets buddy ebay comes through lmfao

Jarrod

ASF Premium Full Member
    Bugger[V]
    more titanium than my bike

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast