Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stage 2 works .... (Dyno updated 27 Jul)

Bloke with a smaller stick
    i have the exact same as you mate. pods on both my 1100w's. the track bike has 40mm carbs factory pro needles and 150 mains.

my road bike has 38mm (750) carbs factory pro needles and 145 mains.

my roadbike spent alot of time on the dyno with std 750 needle and had a huge hole in the midrange and the dyno operator wanted to go bigger on the mains to make up for it. is your guy doing the same?

i jetted the track bike myself and runs great dosen't blow any black smoke at all.

my road bike has seen a dyno but is way ritch down low with 145's (pilot is to big)

even if you order a stage 3 dynojet or factory pro kit it will come with 145 and 150 mains only no 170's in sight.

the biggest problem you will have is the the std needle cant be made rich enough therefore you will need the richer factory pro needle, you mechanic is problably sticking with the standard needle and just upping the main jet to fatten up the midrange. problem is it will then be to rich in other areas.

you mentioned that it dies at about 3500 (i bet under light throttle opening) - to rich. probably reads ok on the dyno cause he is using WOT an it may power through that section quickly (maybe)

what pilot jets are you running. from memory they are 35 or 37.5 from std. i will be going down to 32 soon as when i blip the throttle it blows alot of black smoke.

also on light throttle openings under 3000rpm it will cough and run shit because it is to rich on the pilot.

my next jetting session will see 32 pilots, factory pro needles with clip in middle position 145 mains will stay and fuel screw 2-1/2 turns out.

this will be a close base setting with only slight fine tuning to go from there.

like hooligan said he is using 135 and he has a big bore kit and would be putting out more power than your std 1100.

good luck with it all but i would i would just buy a factroy pro jet kit - it will make it a shit load easier

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Thanks Deano.

I know I probably sound like a dick in all this jets or no jets info. I will print this thread out and pass it to my mechanic. Explain to him that you guys are experienced in playing with your respective similar bikes (so he doesnt get the shits thinking im saying he doesnt know his shit) and see where we end up.

I do honestly appreciate all your help.

Jarrod

Bloke with a smaller stick
    i would hate to see you waste good money over bad if it is not needed

ASF Premium Full Member
    Mine ended up with needles from a mid 90's gsxr 750 to fix the exact problem that deano described. I had it done on a dyno (guy was completly fucked, i wasted a lot of cash) then i sent it to Harley at RB racing in caringbah. He figured out the needles, and had it done in a day (after wanting to set the bike on fire cause the carbs were so fucked up).
    more titanium than my bike

Will go and speak to them tomorrow. thank you to both of you for your help. Heres for hoping things get done quickly so I can ride this damn thing lmfao...

Jarrod

quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Hey Rocket,

Have a look about half way down page 3 of a pic of it at the bike show. You still galavanting around the world lmao or you back home?

Jarrod
    Holy shit !!!!
    That back end looks tough as shit, that's a fucken great looking bike mate.
    Will i see it at Gold Coast Bike Week ?

Oh yeah, I'm still galavanting.
    Tanzania at the moment. Back home late next week.

Hey Jak, Bike looks hawt mate, you'll be happy to know that my bike is nearing completion, I'm cut you gotyours out first but I'm waiting for mine to be complete before the unveil. Go the 05 R1 tail. Looking good mate!

Ok... below is an updated Dyno run for the Mongrel. They are making minor adjustments to the carbs etc before they remove my forks for re-chroming (bein that one is fucked). When the forks come back, they will do the final Dyno to get the actual HP figures.

Jarrod

Blog Entries
    That's more like it mate.

Yeah Si,

Wasnt really happy with the last figure, so when they showed me the new figures... it made it all better lol... The next way Im thinking to increase that figure will no doubt cost me lotsa dollers specially when it will probably involve mucking around with internals...

Might be a while away.

Jarrod

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    thats better mate have fun with it

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Have you ridden it yet Jarrod? Or more importantly, have the dyno guys ridden it? When I got mine done first time around they just rolled it off the dyno and gave it to me - and it was fucked in the low / midrange area (even though the graphs said otherwise).
    Just keep this in mind....although HP wise it's looking heaps better this time.

quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Have you ridden it yet Jarrod? Or more importantly, have the dyno guys ridden it? When I got mine done first time around they just rolled it off the dyno and gave it to me - and it was fucked in the low / midrange area (even though the graphs said otherwise).
    Just keep this in mind....although HP wise it's looking heaps better this time.
    I know what your sayin hillsy. Last time my bike didnt want to rev cleanly past 3500rpm. They will take it for its final check up when the forks get re-chromed etc.

Hanging out big time

Jarrod

Hey Jarrod, your address is on the second picture.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    hey jarrod you missed a bit on the second pic mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Hey Jarrod, if you dont get it right soon, we're all coming around to empty your beer fridge.

Hey Jarrod,

That 2nd picture is crooked - can you fix that up for us? Ta mate....

[B)].....ouch......

quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Hey Jarrod, if you dont get it right soon, we're all coming around to empty your beer fridge.
    lmao... if you can find beer in any of my fridges your in the wrong house..... beer = Cats piss (spoken like a true dog person)

Jarrod

Weekend Warrior
    That tail don't look that long in the 1st pic, is it a trick of the camera? That dont look right that long! Post another pic dude.

Hey Cavey,

Will try get a better pic shortly. The tail section if you look directly sidewards doesnt stick out further than the tyre (which is what I think your getting at).

Jarrod

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345