Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HIGHCHAIR WHEELIE

pesh

HIGHCHAIR WHEELIE

Practic riding around legs through the bars sitting on the tank for a while to get your balance all sorted , try riding in this position at slow speed , then get gradually faster until your up to speed . grip is a major part of this manouvre ( on the tank ) aswell as your tyre ( my tank's got skate griptape on it ) NOW depending on your bike ie. power output . depends on what gear u wanna try it in 1st to start with then work your way up 2nd gear.rolling the throttle on to where u know the power comes on hard . use your index finger and rude finger to flick the clutch while using the rest of your hand to hang on to the bars as u progress u will be able to control the height and distance remember PRACTICE makes perfect

if you own a GSXR 11,dont worry about flickin the clutch,you already have more than enough power to perform this one.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    wish i had one m8 i still got the ol 750 engine in there

Blog Entries
    Farkin 'ell Tiger. You give me the shot to sort and then go and do it yourself? Oh well, here it is again:

Blog Entries
    Might as well wack Clive's photo up here as well then I guess?:

Sorry bout that just sorted the resizing part of it out but thanx anyway

Blog Entries
    Nah, you're all good mate. No problem.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Reminds me a bit of myself on the Kat

Blog Entries
    .....except both wheels are in the air and there's a sugar cane fence under the front

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

.....except both wheels are in the air and there's a sugar cane fence under the front
    You forgot the skidmarks in my undies Muscle Gym Boy, do you flex in front of the mirrors?

only foto ive ever seen of a kat doin a mono is Kev's Kat,how bout showin us your stuff at the fools run Shayno.[:0]

NO i dont want to.

Blog Entries
    Yea man. I have mirrors on the ceiling, mirrors in the bog, in fact I replaced the windscreen on the ute for a mirror, keep crashin' though so I might have to change it back.

i have 2 way mirrors in stock mate,and i can shape cut to suit your windscreen.

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    peshh what bike are you using i've got a vtr thou, it get nasty when near balace point, surges because of carbies, with the 03 gixxer i could easly get 1k wheelies befor the drag strip ran out. it is by far the best trick to do, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun, i don't know how far you geting them but when you get them to BP ......................................
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

Blog Entries

thanks gix, should have put 2 and 2 together. :/

PS nice work pesh how long are you getting them, look like you got them up there, so prob getting some distance out them, also are you using a hand brake of just throttel and body position ( like myself ).

Check this clip of me out for a bit of inspriation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tpB6V7l7LpU

just using throttle and body position. at the moment i have only managed about 200 meters roughly. i saw that clip and thats crazy m8 total inspiration

Keep practing m8, my tank is dented in for stunting and gives me total confidence in doing any tricks on the tank ( leg spredders, highchair wheeles/stopies ) You dont need to dent it in i know many guys that do them without it, its what makes you comfortable, might be worthwhile locking you legs in ( against the forks ) and try leaning back a little ( this will scare the shit outa you at first ) but will make for longer wheelies in the long run.

Also have you modified you sump pick up yet, as you get better and do longer and longer wheelies ( and also higher ones ) you will run out of oil ( your pickup is not sucking oil )
    This is done by moving the oil pick up as far back in the sump pan as posible. we also ( for those of us that got 12 bars ) pick the bike up to the position it would be in when wheelstanding and run the motor to check that we maintain oil pressure ( ie oil pick up ) in some of our bikes we have to run .5 to 1 litre more oil to maintain oil pickup.

I found out the hard way ( doing a highchair wheele ) spat a conrod outta the motor loss of oil, an expencive excercise that i wouldnot want to happen to somebody else ( besides i was VERY VERY lucky that it didn't sieze the motor )

anyway keep us posted on how they going.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast