Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagarr's Harris

Oh! fuck me it`s still a real bike[:X]1313 wot the fuck is your piont[8D] A Harris will be nerUSS no matta[]slappin a snail onit is gonna make shitfull[)]
    A bloke asked me long ago about big blocksnow he had the best ZED i seen[8D]BRG & was on the stone run.To take it down he say "i shoulda kept it standard,i fucked a totally great bike.
    Wot i`m trying to sayis that most of the time the factory has done the shit for you
    Just tune it[]

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    The factory never gets it totally right

ASF Premium Full Member
    Mad Mundy you're spot on. When it had an 1105 Kumunsukme I could rev that mother all day at 10500 all day. Then I went to 1260 Zed sled motor and was a handfull but horribly unreliable. The 1216 Gixxer was mental if you came out of a roundabout in the wrong gear the fucker would attempt to cartwheel EVERY time. The problem I find is it had 148 RWHP which with that wheelbase is fun to say the least. The Gixxer has so much torque and is always lofting the front but i'll get to my point it needs more horsepower to enable me to rear wheel steer it a bit where as at the moment it just accelerates and fucken hard. Not to say I'm capable of doing so but i'll sure have fun trying.

Power then is not the issue[8)]maybe then 1313 has a pointthe way i see it is[8D]make the bike wot ya wont
    If ya havta change it so much,ya bought the wrong bikeI been doin crazy shit for years[)]
    If ya wanna lay blackie`s[]ya got ta look at another frameor lengthen ya "trail" so ya can catch her on the way out

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    or just put a thinner tire on the rear my stock gpz could lay strips with the stock 130 tire all day long. I loved steppin it out in corners.

ASF Premium Full Member
    With the old technology I can't run bigger than 170 Section rear. Frame width too narrow at the swingarm pivot. if I use Dunlop tyres they seem to spread on a 5.5" to 175. But still can't induce wheelspin. i'll admit i'm a wuss. A mate of mine and I had a run one day it was tops. He was on a stock 88 with a pipe and I was on Hagarr. He was pinned on the tank he reckons he saw 190k andf i was still trying to keep the front wheel down and disappearing Man that was fun.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Mundy i'll have to start calling you Nostradamus. You are spot on the money with what you are saying but that's why I ride what I ride and you ride what you ride if you put Hagarr up against a Hayabusa we all know the result the factory does a magnificent job and I can never expect to beat the factories at their own game but by geez i'll be snapping at their heels. i've owned this bike since 1984 and revved the fuck out of it since day one and had a ball like all of us that's why we love this shit because you start to feel alive and no gov or piece of shit is going to take that away Fuck Em Vive la Revolution. Go to town you fuckers.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Its been a while and should have used the K.I.S.S. methodology as when I decided to do what I did it took Fuck All.

Thanx to Deano for the hints, quite simple really once I attempted it.

Standard spacing outside bodies 5mm space in the centre.

Morry be ready for some wiring!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    bring it on,this bike is giving me wood,im worried that i wont be able to concentrate with you standing over me with that "haggar the pirate" costume. horny helmet an all,

Good to see you getting some time to work on the bike Dan !

Blog Entries
    I've been waiting years to see this one come to life!

Bout time, ive been hangin to see this thing!

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    fuck yeah haggar thats awsome mate i love it

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar

ASF Premium Full Member
    Yeah thanks Guys your comments give me the drive to keep going.

This last couple of years has been a Baptism of fire in Business and Home life and I haven;t been able to spend the time I would have liked on "Hagarr" but I am slowly getting there.

I have decided to not Turbo as I really need to get this latest incarnation going and to go the next step I just can't put the hours in to what It requires and I wouldn't be happy without doing the job properly.

So 1370 N/A it is with '02 Gixxer thou injection '04 R1 front end numerous other improvements from when I first bought it in '84

bring it on

mate that is beautiful []

ASF Premium Full Member
    Fuck I just noticed the last post was May '07 I have been a lazy prick!

Weekend Warrior
    Soooooooo nice.

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    BRING THE VIKING ERA BACK!!!

just love the bike hagarr and harris frames in general yup sometimes /always/ its going a tad longer than expected... n/a is alright for now, just keep the turbo in a sack and tarring up bike companies in mind

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast