Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Money Wasted? (Spondon-Martek debate...)

Blog Entries
    Large, you do love that Egay don't you? Do you work for 'em? (actually it's good, you save us the work of lookin' round there mate. Cheers).

The rest of you seem to be all agreeing the same thing and then throwing in the handling aspect of the frame again! Who threw that in? We already agreed that aspect of Spondon frames is now a part of history. I've spent money on bikes that handled like pigs (like my old z650 for example years ago) but it made me smile, looked like I'd done fuck all to it apart from paint it matt black, but that's all I needed: the smile. The day you get off your bike and don't give it one look before you walk away from it is the day you should sell it.

Blog Entries
    Large, you do love that Egay don't you? Do you work for 'em? (actually it's good, you save us the work of lookin' round there mate. Cheers).

The rest of you seem to be all agreeing the same thing and then throwing in the handling aspect of the frame again! Who threw that in? We already agreed that aspect of Spondon frames is now a part of history. I've spent money on bikes that handled like pigs (like my old z650 for example years ago) but it made me smile, looked like I'd done fuck all to it apart from paint it matt black, but that's all I needed: the smile. The day you get off your bike and don't give it one look before you walk away from it is the day you should sell it.

Weekend Warrior
    hmmm, i am buying a polygon engineering frame,

why? i hear you ask

a. no one else makes frames for my zrx in the style that i require

and

b. because i can,

it is no better (engineering wise) than my stock frame, but so what, my led blinkers are no better than the stock ones, the stainless bolt replacements are no better at holding the bike together than the stock ones.

why do we change them? because we can and we want to,

THIS is the spirit of the streetfighter. changing things because you CAN, NOT because you have to.

Weekend Warrior
    hmmm, i am buying a polygon engineering frame,

why? i hear you ask

a. no one else makes frames for my zrx in the style that i require

and

b. because i can,

it is no better (engineering wise) than my stock frame, but so what, my led blinkers are no better than the stock ones, the stainless bolt replacements are no better at holding the bike together than the stock ones.

why do we change them? because we can and we want to,

THIS is the spirit of the streetfighter. changing things because you CAN, NOT because you have to.

Weekend Warrior
    Sluglie... well spoken my friend.

Enjoy your build, AND SHOW US SOME PHOTOS, GODDAMMIT!

Frankie

Weekend Warrior
    Sluglie... well spoken my friend.

Enjoy your build, AND SHOW US SOME PHOTOS, GODDAMMIT!

Frankie

Weekend Warrior
    Whilst I was in the Army I spent money on things, things and more things.... some bikes I could afford were a few GSXRs H model, M model, a few chook chasers, a VTR and some substances many and varied!!! ( maybe thats why they asked me to find a new career, hahaha) Now my new(old) career allows me to choose from a large pool of bikes and parts... yet still I like to build some parts myself, because I can......DEC 06- Spondon- my plan to come back to OZ through UK with no luggage and my frame in over size baggage... then use the frame number of my BUSA frame and plate...( cause my limted dealings with engineers in NSW has left a sour taste in my mouth and a round in my rem 700, 300 win magnum of course, waiting!!!!) and so on......Or leave my BUSA in semi drag mode, and build something else..... arrrrrrrrh, choices choices choices, too many choices....... but thats the thing.... Its only worth what someone will pay.... ethier way I, and most of blokes and Girl on this site have something 'special' and thats a good thing...

Have a good time on the run of fools.... pics, pics, pics

cheers fuckers

Weekend Warrior
    Whilst I was in the Army I spent money on things, things and more things.... some bikes I could afford were a few GSXRs H model, M model, a few chook chasers, a VTR and some substances many and varied!!! ( maybe thats why they asked me to find a new career, hahaha) Now my new(old) career allows me to choose from a large pool of bikes and parts... yet still I like to build some parts myself, because I can......DEC 06- Spondon- my plan to come back to OZ through UK with no luggage and my frame in over size baggage... then use the frame number of my BUSA frame and plate...( cause my limted dealings with engineers in NSW has left a sour taste in my mouth and a round in my rem 700, 300 win magnum of course, waiting!!!!) and so on......Or leave my BUSA in semi drag mode, and build something else..... arrrrrrrrh, choices choices choices, too many choices....... but thats the thing.... Its only worth what someone will pay.... ethier way I, and most of blokes and Girl on this site have something 'special' and thats a good thing...

Have a good time on the run of fools.... pics, pics, pics

cheers fuckers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789