Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Money Wasted? (Spondon-Martek debate...)

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Big thumbs up from me too Frankie.

You just backed up everything I said about Spondons.

Well said.

Tony.J.

Blog Entries
    Big thumbs up from me too Frankie.

You just backed up everything I said about Spondons.

Well said.

Tony.J.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Another one: You Fellows obviously don't know who and how the Marteks where build. If you would, then you would not make statements like "I like the Marteks better." I can tell you the story later, if you want.
    I'd like to hear about the Marteks Frankie.

And I can't see why a Spondon would cost $30k. I've got 10.5k for the frame and swinger...but I can't see the motor/electrics/frontend/wheels/painting etc costing another 20k...

What have I missed?

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Another one: You Fellows obviously don't know who and how the Marteks where build. If you would, then you would not make statements like "I like the Marteks better." I can tell you the story later, if you want.
    I'd like to hear about the Marteks Frankie.

And I can't see why a Spondon would cost $30k. I've got 10.5k for the frame and swinger...but I can't see the motor/electrics/frontend/wheels/painting etc costing another 20k...

What have I missed?

Blog Entries
    quote:And I can't see why a Spondon would cost $30k. I've got 10.5k for the frame and swinger...but I can't see the motor/electrics/frontend/wheels/painting etc costing another 20k...
    What have I missed?
    Depends what standard you build too.
    You dont NEED Ohlins / WP / Carrillo / Carbon / Magnesium /
    everything... I think its a case of where you draw the line.
    A $20/$25,000 build could easy be a $30/$40,000 if you want silly
    power or think that famous names are a "must have".
    Its back to personal taste,
    Some want the best of everything, at any cost.
    Some want a real-world useable bike thats different.
    I have seen folk get carried away and the original budget soon go's
    out the window. Easy done.

Be interested in comments on Marteks.
    Heard a few different storys...
    "Excellent quality / Work of art"
    to....
    "Nothing lined up, wouldn't take the specified engine"

Dish the dirt Frankie

Tony.J.

Blog Entries
    quote:And I can't see why a Spondon would cost $30k. I've got 10.5k for the frame and swinger...but I can't see the motor/electrics/frontend/wheels/painting etc costing another 20k...
    What have I missed?
    Depends what standard you build too.
    You dont NEED Ohlins / WP / Carrillo / Carbon / Magnesium /
    everything... I think its a case of where you draw the line.
    A $20/$25,000 build could easy be a $30/$40,000 if you want silly
    power or think that famous names are a "must have".
    Its back to personal taste,
    Some want the best of everything, at any cost.
    Some want a real-world useable bike thats different.
    I have seen folk get carried away and the original budget soon go's
    out the window. Easy done.

Be interested in comments on Marteks.
    Heard a few different storys...
    "Excellent quality / Work of art"
    to....
    "Nothing lined up, wouldn't take the specified engine"

Dish the dirt Frankie

Tony.J.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Met a bloke on a Harley the other day, got talking told me he had spent another 20 grand, over the purchase price to get it where he wanted it.
    To me it still looked like a Harley (with nice mirrors and paint).
    Point being, dude still loved his bike and reckoned he got value for money.
    Things would be pretty boring if we all wanted the same things.

Met a bloke on a Harley the other day, got talking told me he had spent another 20 grand, over the purchase price to get it where he wanted it.
    To me it still looked like a Harley (with nice mirrors and paint).
    Point being, dude still loved his bike and reckoned he got value for money.
    Things would be pretty boring if we all wanted the same things.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi lads,
    what can I say? I agree to everyone of you.....
    ..and Gix, I am with you on the topic of the ASF expansion as well.

Hey large, here my bill:
    There are some xtra costs like $1.200 Import duty. The Engineer has to be payed (about $600). I had welds and the tank certified. There will be more costs like that. Stamp duty, I have to get the bike licensed; and over the pits I have to go as well. You see, not all of the money goes directly onto the bike. I do not know yet, but maybe $2.500 or 3.000 are going towards the authoritys. One spends about $5.000 on the engine, another 2.500 on the front end. All sec. hand. Beeing a single sider, you need the wheel to match, $ 1.500 for a Marvic wheel. There is 20 grand already, incl. the frame! A exhaust system has to be knocked up. Than the seat, fairing brackets to be made ect. ect. And some paint. The wiring loom will be heavely modified (space issue). A substancial amount will go for labour costs. I can't do everything myself...
    Thats what I meant. If one has a donor bike, you would be better off.
    I could of got an TL from the auctions for $3.500 or $4.000, which has got all the things I need. Get a frame with normal swing arm between $7.000- 9.000 and off you go. Few bits and pieces- done.
    But, I like the GSXR K4 front end....Again, depends what one wants. I am not buying top shelf. And I have to push to stay under 30 grand.
    Where would it end? But, $20.000 on a Ha*&^ D@%^$on?? Ya see, I can't understand that either. Yet, this bloke proberly reckons his scooter is the ducks guts...
    Like my current numberplate says WATTEVA! Besides, its only money.

To the Marteks: I did a translation for Butze in Germany. Below the english version:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'm not 100% sure on this but I think the guy who ran Martek was called Mark Walker, hence Mar-tek. He used to work at spondon but left to start his own business doing pretty much the same thing. I think shortly after he left a man called keith at spondon that did the welding also left to go and work for Mark.

After a few years of making frames and stuff they hit financial difficulties and re-opened under the new name of Trick Tubes. This didn't last long and eventually the company folded. I think Keith went back to spondon as a welder ( and a very good one too ).

The last I heard about Mark was he went to work for Castrol h*nda running the engineering workshop in Louth making stuff for Hondas. ( Things like brackets for vanity mirrors and comapartments for handbags etc ).

This is all I know and it may not be exactly right but I'm sure someone else on here will be able to add some more.

Hope this helps. Let us all know when the website's finished.( Spondon-Martek.de)

Well at Fighterama Butze made me compare the welds from a Martek and Spondon and I must agree with him that the ones on the Spondon were much better.

But ofcourse not all frames are welded by the same guy and not taking into account "monday-morning frames"
    Steve.

hmm,...SPONDON.

saw only one martek ,it was perfect,but i dont think they made more than twenty chassis,spondon have race pedigree both on roundy race circuits and the drags,not seen a steelhart,sounds nice.spondon do a katana.nuff said

Reply #12 - 11. Nov 2005 at 14:30
    Perhaps Martek built a few frames before Spondon weldyman went to work for them. Perhaps he never went there at all and it's all just bullshit. Like I said, not sure if it's true.

I was recently told that the Steelheart guy had packed in making frames for our types of bikes and was concentrating on classics. Now it would appear that might be just hearsay too.

I'm not going to listen to anymore stories from now on.

Weld quality seems to vary from frame to frame on Marteks, thankfully who ever did mine was having a very good day I would love to be able to weld that consistantly.

The Steelheart frames are very nice, there should be one in the next issue of Streetfighters, my mate Gobo's. Also heard the rumour about Lee not doing bike stuff ???

The question about how many Martek frames were made is a good one, I've been asked loads of times, but have no idea anyone know more on that ?

I know there are several different versions, the early ones had a different style front engine mount bar and the tubes appear to be closer together, the subframe mounts also tend to change.

I've been told that the fuel tanks came from Spondon, I've no idea if this is true.

My frame is supposed to be the last one to come from them before the men in suits went in.

Martek frames are fine once you move the engine down about 15 mm so the chain dont cut the swingarm in half. and you get the suspension to work!

ne spirited ride including some 2nd to 4th gear wheelies and i returned home to find my left leg dipped in sparkly polished ali swarf . And no the chain was adjusted correctly.the chain was cutting quite nicely through the underside of the swingarm.Also the lever ratio on the rear end was something approaching 3:1 which as anybody knows is just wrong.So no disrespect intended to any owners or machinery out there but i would not give one garage space. And just to add insult to injury even when pressed only moderately they dont handle like a decently sorted slingshot let alone when really given the berries.P.S.
    have done 55sec laps at mallory on 600 on supercorsas so i,m not overly slow.
    Wot, guilty as in "it's your bike", or, "it's you on it".

So why was the chain cutting into the swingarm then.

Reply #39 - 28. Dec 2005 at 11:56
    dunno,but the engine was remounted lower down and new shock linkage etc when the new ohlins went on,i'm told it was all done by sweary bob (Bob Stevenson, Director of Spondon; note from Frankie)

Reply #48 - 21. Jan 2006 at 10:41
    Hi to any one that knows me ,just a few quick lines on this martek thread

Mark walker was the chap that originally set the company up, last heard of at castrol h*nda

then a chap called Alan Wills took over the running as Trick tubes,
    Mark welded frames of the early ones compared to Keith who came in from spondon( belived to be at kenny roberts in banbury now )

quality did vary Janner and formally me got a good one (one of the last if not the last) but saying that there was still little engineering faults to be found, sprocket cover needs trimming, engine to frame needs bushing at rear , shock needed offseting to the left so it didnt foul inside the swingingarm and other little bits an bobs.

swinging arm geometry seems to be fireblade based (this was the bike of the time when the kits 1st came into being) they just copied what was already out there, but why put a blackbird ohlins on far to heavily sprung!

tanks did come from spondon as keith had to go over ther and pick um up

handling i thought was ok but now having ridden later made superbikes sorry guys but they are better, if you could shed 20 kgs off the engine it would readdress the balence

but saying that you cant beat um for looks and individuality
    and yes Janner i still miss it mine at times
    hope this clears up a few points

and if you can get hold of Mark walker i've heard a rumour he may still make to order but word of warning dont pay untill you get a frame
    cheers for now
    Malc
    Might be useful information to some of you.

I found out yesterday, completely by accident, that Bob from Spondon owns a lot of the copyrights to the Martek designs.

So basically if you want a Martek go to Spondon

Reply #57 - 08. Feb 2006 at 20:10
    Anyone got any more ideas on how many frames were made?

Theres one in this months Streetfighters for sale and the guy recons 35 were made.

I've so far found 19, anybody else got pics they want to share?

No worries!? This is a tread out of the oldskoolsuzuki forum over in England. To read the whole thread:
    http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/
    This is out of the discussion "trick frames". Who is interested, there is some good stuff in there...

In conclusion, the quality of the Marteks can vary a lot. And you never know what you are getting.... That one commend says it all "if you want a Martek, go to Spondon"!!
    In Germany, some Spondon frames are TUV cerified (which means a lot, considering the road authority nazis over there). To get a frame certified, one has to scrape out about $30.000 and a Year of paperwork bullshit. Amongst other things, the frame comes on a jig. Where 100.000 Km are getting simulated. Then, the fatigue of the material gets meassured. Which has to be within specs.
    By the way, Spondon frames passed with flying colours!
    You would never get a Martek legaly on the road over there. Unless you do the same testing again. And then you still would not know whether the frame will pass!! Remember the welding...
    ....I had to get my welds on the headstock tested and certified as well. As part of the one- off/ enthusiasts scheme the bike will get licensed. (The emphesis is here on ENTHUSIASTS).

I hope this will explain things.

Did anyone had a look at them PPS/ Rau frames on the two German sites, I pointed out?
    I would be interested to know what you think about them. Because there are about half the price of a Spondon frame (much simpler design, easier to fabricate, therefore cheaper).

Frankie

P.S.
    I hope you don't mind, me reffering you to German websites/ companys. I think it might be interesting for you to see whats going on in non English speaking countrys....
    Thats why... if anyone needs same help in the lingo departement...let me know. Please, no time wasting.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi lads,
    what can I say? I agree to everyone of you.....
    ..and Gix, I am with you on the topic of the ASF expansion as well.

Hey large, here my bill:
    There are some xtra costs like $1.200 Import duty. The Engineer has to be payed (about $600). I had welds and the tank certified. There will be more costs like that. Stamp duty, I have to get the bike licensed; and over the pits I have to go as well. You see, not all of the money goes directly onto the bike. I do not know yet, but maybe $2.500 or 3.000 are going towards the authoritys. One spends about $5.000 on the engine, another 2.500 on the front end. All sec. hand. Beeing a single sider, you need the wheel to match, $ 1.500 for a Marvic wheel. There is 20 grand already, incl. the frame! A exhaust system has to be knocked up. Than the seat, fairing brackets to be made ect. ect. And some paint. The wiring loom will be heavely modified (space issue). A substancial amount will go for labour costs. I can't do everything myself...
    Thats what I meant. If one has a donor bike, you would be better off.
    I could of got an TL from the auctions for $3.500 or $4.000, which has got all the things I need. Get a frame with normal swing arm between $7.000- 9.000 and off you go. Few bits and pieces- done.
    But, I like the GSXR K4 front end....Again, depends what one wants. I am not buying top shelf. And I have to push to stay under 30 grand.
    Where would it end? But, $20.000 on a Ha*&^ D@%^$on?? Ya see, I can't understand that either. Yet, this bloke proberly reckons his scooter is the ducks guts...
    Like my current numberplate says WATTEVA! Besides, its only money.

To the Marteks: I did a translation for Butze in Germany. Below the english version:

'm not 100% sure on this but I think the guy who ran Martek was called Mark Walker, hence Mar-tek. He used to work at spondon but left to start his own business doing pretty much the same thing. I think shortly after he left a man called keith at spondon that did the welding also left to go and work for Mark.

After a few years of making frames and stuff they hit financial difficulties and re-opened under the new name of Trick Tubes. This didn't last long and eventually the company folded. I think Keith went back to spondon as a welder ( and a very good one too ).

The last I heard about Mark was he went to work for Castrol h*nda running the engineering workshop in Louth making stuff for Hondas. ( Things like brackets for vanity mirrors and comapartments for handbags etc ).

This is all I know and it may not be exactly right but I'm sure someone else on here will be able to add some more.

Hope this helps. Let us all know when the website's finished.( Spondon-Martek.de)

Well at Fighterama Butze made me compare the welds from a Martek and Spondon and I must agree with him that the ones on the Spondon were much better.

But ofcourse not all frames are welded by the same guy and not taking into account "monday-morning frames"
    Steve.

hmm,...SPONDON.

saw only one martek ,it was perfect,but i dont think they made more than twenty chassis,spondon have race pedigree both on roundy race circuits and the drags,not seen a steelhart,sounds nice.spondon do a katana.nuff said

Reply #12 - 11. Nov 2005 at 14:30
    Perhaps Martek built a few frames before Spondon weldyman went to work for them. Perhaps he never went there at all and it's all just bullshit. Like I said, not sure if it's true.

I was recently told that the Steelheart guy had packed in making frames for our types of bikes and was concentrating on classics. Now it would appear that might be just hearsay too.

I'm not going to listen to anymore stories from now on.

Weld quality seems to vary from frame to frame on Marteks, thankfully who ever did mine was having a very good day I would love to be able to weld that consistantly.

The Steelheart frames are very nice, there should be one in the next issue of Streetfighters, my mate Gobo's. Also heard the rumour about Lee not doing bike stuff ???

The question about how many Martek frames were made is a good one, I've been asked loads of times, but have no idea anyone know more on that ?

I know there are several different versions, the early ones had a different style front engine mount bar and the tubes appear to be closer together, the subframe mounts also tend to change.

I've been told that the fuel tanks came from Spondon, I've no idea if this is true.

My frame is supposed to be the last one to come from them before the men in suits went in.

Martek frames are fine once you move the engine down about 15 mm so the chain dont cut the swingarm in half. and you get the suspension to work!

ne spirited ride including some 2nd to 4th gear wheelies and i returned home to find my left leg dipped in sparkly polished ali swarf . And no the chain was adjusted correctly.the chain was cutting quite nicely through the underside of the swingarm.Also the lever ratio on the rear end was something approaching 3:1 which as anybody knows is just wrong.So no disrespect intended to any owners or machinery out there but i would not give one garage space. And just to add insult to injury even when pressed only moderately they dont handle like a decently sorted slingshot let alone when really given the berries.P.S.
    have done 55sec laps at mallory on 600 on supercorsas so i,m not overly slow.
    Wot, guilty as in "it's your bike", or, "it's you on it".

So why was the chain cutting into the swingarm then.

Reply #39 - 28. Dec 2005 at 11:56
    dunno,but the engine was remounted lower down and new shock linkage etc when the new ohlins went on,i'm told it was all done by sweary bob (Bob Stevenson, Director of Spondon; note from Frankie)

Reply #48 - 21. Jan 2006 at 10:41
    Hi to any one that knows me ,just a few quick lines on this martek thread

Mark walker was the chap that originally set the company up, last heard of at castrol h*nda

then a chap called Alan Wills took over the running as Trick tubes,
    Mark welded frames of the early ones compared to Keith who came in from spondon( belived to be at kenny roberts in banbury now )

quality did vary Janner and formally me got a good one (one of the last if not the last) but saying that there was still little engineering faults to be found, sprocket cover needs trimming, engine to frame needs bushing at rear , shock needed offseting to the left so it didnt foul inside the swingingarm and other little bits an bobs.

swinging arm geometry seems to be fireblade based (this was the bike of the time when the kits 1st came into being) they just copied what was already out there, but why put a blackbird ohlins on far to heavily sprung!

tanks did come from spondon as keith had to go over ther and pick um up

handling i thought was ok but now having ridden later made superbikes sorry guys but they are better, if you could shed 20 kgs off the engine it would readdress the balence

but saying that you cant beat um for looks and individuality
    and yes Janner i still miss it mine at times
    hope this clears up a few points

and if you can get hold of Mark walker i've heard a rumour he may still make to order but word of warning dont pay untill you get a frame
    cheers for now
    Malc
    Might be useful information to some of you.

I found out yesterday, completely by accident, that Bob from Spondon owns a lot of the copyrights to the Martek designs.

So basically if you want a Martek go to Spondon

Reply #57 - 08. Feb 2006 at 20:10
    Anyone got any more ideas on how many frames were made?

Theres one in this months Streetfighters for sale and the guy recons 35 were made.

I've so far found 19, anybody else got pics they want to share?

No worries!? This is a tread out of the oldskoolsuzuki forum over in England. To read the whole thread:
    http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/
    This is out of the discussion "trick frames". Who is interested, there is some good stuff in there...

In conclusion, the quality of the Marteks can vary a lot. And you never know what you are getting.... That one commend says it all "if you want a Martek, go to Spondon"!!
    In Germany, some Spondon frames are TUV cerified (which means a lot, considering the road authority nazis over there). To get a frame certified, one has to scrape out about $30.000 and a Year of paperwork bullshit. Amongst other things, the frame comes on a jig. Where 100.000 Km are getting simulated. Then, the fatigue of the material gets meassured. Which has to be within specs.
    By the way, Spondon frames passed with flying colours!
    You would never get a Martek legaly on the road over there. Unless you do the same testing again. And then you still would not know whether the frame will pass!! Remember the welding...
    ....I had to get my welds on the headstock tested and certified as well. As part of the one- off/ enthusiasts scheme the bike will get licensed. (The emphesis is here on ENTHUSIASTS).

I hope this will explain things.

Did anyone had a look at them PPS/ Rau frames on the two German sites, I pointed out?
    I would be interested to know what you think about them. Because there are about half the price of a Spondon frame (much simpler design, easier to fabricate, therefore cheaper).

Frankie

P.S.
    I hope you don't mind, me reffering you to German websites/ companys. I think it might be interesting for you to see whats going on in non English speaking countrys....
    Thats why... if anyone needs same help in the lingo departement...let me know. Please, no time wasting.

Like the feedback - my two cents though-

I call a ducati 998 a waste of money so its all perspective and $$. Others think 'why bother' about what I do. - all perspective

Personally, when you can build a spondon up for the price of a new GSXR I would rather take the Spondon thanks. (actually Harris frames are a bit cheaper).

Look arent we all here because we like things that are not the norm, and cause the factory fucks bikes up so we are never happy with one?

I think the funnier thing is that the relm of streetfighters is rapidly becomming the norm - look at all the spondons overseas.

Reminds me of when I had my motard and had heaps of trouble sourcing my wheels (at the time there were only 2 other people in syd with motards) - now every fucker rides one or a streetfighter. Pofters in shorts and sneakers on new R1's etc are another thing! Now Im going off on a tangent so ill shut up..

Like the feedback - my two cents though-

I call a ducati 998 a waste of money so its all perspective and $$. Others think 'why bother' about what I do. - all perspective

Personally, when you can build a spondon up for the price of a new GSXR I would rather take the Spondon thanks. (actually Harris frames are a bit cheaper).

Look arent we all here because we like things that are not the norm, and cause the factory fucks bikes up so we are never happy with one?

I think the funnier thing is that the relm of streetfighters is rapidly becomming the norm - look at all the spondons overseas.

Reminds me of when I had my motard and had heaps of trouble sourcing my wheels (at the time there were only 2 other people in syd with motards) - now every fucker rides one or a streetfighter. Pofters in shorts and sneakers on new R1's etc are another thing! Now Im going off on a tangent so ill shut up..

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for the links Frankie, now i know what they are. Still think they look better than spondons. A little off this topic but Frankie is right about the German sites and probably most euro sites, even if you don't understand you can still look at the pics and get some ideas. We seem to be building fast naked street bikes not gp race bikes so a pedigree race frame for us is nothing more than a bit of bling. Just a thought. But as always each to their own.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for the links Frankie, now i know what they are. Still think they look better than spondons. A little off this topic but Frankie is right about the German sites and probably most euro sites, even if you don't understand you can still look at the pics and get some ideas. We seem to be building fast naked street bikes not gp race bikes so a pedigree race frame for us is nothing more than a bit of bling. Just a thought. But as always each to their own.

You're a fucken wordy bastard ain't ya Frankie

Thanks for all that...............and welcome

You're a fucken wordy bastard ain't ya Frankie

Thanks for all that...............and welcome

Weekend Warrior
    Yeay Fellows, too right!
    The norm, mmh... I reckon, a bike rider is by far not a REAL bike rider just because he/ she owns the latest and greatest. Honestly, I've more respect for someone who gets around of a bucket of shite, because he can't afford anything else. But is keen as mustard to ride as much as he can. Than a bloke (chick) ( do we have any female fighters in this forum?) who goes to the next cafe only on Friday night. Ya see a Streetfighter is not necessary a REAL Streetfighter. To me at least, there are a big differences.
    One has to walk the walk and not talk the talk.....

Yep, we are not racing.... that's why I can't get the Mags, always having this racetrack shootouts. It's all propaganda. Tossers.

Wordy bastard?! Only if I care about something. Besides, me only tourist.

Well, you lot have a great weekend. Disturb the peace!

Frankie

P.S. Offcourse, I am only explaining not justifying.....

Weekend Warrior
    Yeay Fellows, too right!
    The norm, mmh... I reckon, a bike rider is by far not a REAL bike rider just because he/ she owns the latest and greatest. Honestly, I've more respect for someone who gets around of a bucket of shite, because he can't afford anything else. But is keen as mustard to ride as much as he can. Than a bloke (chick) ( do we have any female fighters in this forum?) who goes to the next cafe only on Friday night. Ya see a Streetfighter is not necessary a REAL Streetfighter. To me at least, there are a big differences.
    One has to walk the walk and not talk the talk.....

Yep, we are not racing.... that's why I can't get the Mags, always having this racetrack shootouts. It's all propaganda. Tossers.

Wordy bastard?! Only if I care about something. Besides, me only tourist.

Well, you lot have a great weekend. Disturb the peace!

Frankie

P.S. Offcourse, I am only explaining not justifying.....

Weekend Warrior
    Being in the bike scene for many years now and having a background in BMX and Mountain bikes .... I understand the need ta make your bike your own...

Personally I have no issue with what anyone wants to do ... so long as the overall package flows and fits well together.....

That can be a modded race bike a harley custom or a streetfighter .. we are all in the same boat, just lookin at it from different perspectives .. and to diss someone else for their choice of how they wish to spend money is OK ... so long as you can take everyone else dissin you for your choice of ride... and remember all the cage drivers don't know the difference... we're all the same to them

If I had the $$$ I'd have a Spondon ... to sit in the stable next to the rest of my toys but in that stable would be another Duc and my sporty and my trumpys and my dirt bikes and my drag bikes and and and and and....... and I had a look at that MV Brutale yesterday ...I think I'd like one or two of them too

I'm gonna make a swingarm for my cafe sporty with an eccentric adjuster similar to the JMC's .... why??? because I want one and I have the ability to make and not the $$$$$ to buy it .... pretty well the reason most of us have the bikes we have... and maybe not all the ones we'd like

Isn't that what streetfighterin is all about?????

Makin YOUR bike to YOUR taste and fuck everyone else ....

I don't build MY personal bikes for anyone else... but I get no shortage of people wantin one like 'em when I'm done

Weekend Warrior
    Being in the bike scene for many years now and having a background in BMX and Mountain bikes .... I understand the need ta make your bike your own...

Personally I have no issue with what anyone wants to do ... so long as the overall package flows and fits well together.....

That can be a modded race bike a harley custom or a streetfighter .. we are all in the same boat, just lookin at it from different perspectives .. and to diss someone else for their choice of how they wish to spend money is OK ... so long as you can take everyone else dissin you for your choice of ride... and remember all the cage drivers don't know the difference... we're all the same to them

If I had the $$$ I'd have a Spondon ... to sit in the stable next to the rest of my toys but in that stable would be another Duc and my sporty and my trumpys and my dirt bikes and my drag bikes and and and and and....... and I had a look at that MV Brutale yesterday ...I think I'd like one or two of them too

I'm gonna make a swingarm for my cafe sporty with an eccentric adjuster similar to the JMC's .... why??? because I want one and I have the ability to make and not the $$$$$ to buy it .... pretty well the reason most of us have the bikes we have... and maybe not all the ones we'd like

Isn't that what streetfighterin is all about?????

Makin YOUR bike to YOUR taste and fuck everyone else ....

I don't build MY personal bikes for anyone else... but I get no shortage of people wantin one like 'em when I'm done

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast