Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 03gixxerpilot's '90 gixxer 11 big bore

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Well, it did for me. i was trying to make the frame do too many things and it was driving me nuts. In all the drunken chaos I had a moment of clarity and the rest has sprung from there

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza

Well, it did for me. i was trying to make the frame do too many things and it was driving me nuts. In all the drunken chaos I had a moment of clarity and the rest has sprung from there
    that's sumthin that most people try and do .... fit too many ideas into one bike/car and end up a very busy finished product...

the more refined the idea is, the less extraneous shit it needs..

that's why I like lean, clean and black with nothin on there that doesn't do a job ...

Here's a picture of a one off Soft tail type with a GSXR1100 engine. Not a Hardley frame but a well engineered one off. Nik's dragbike picture I have is too large for the scanner so I'll have a look for the original article and try that.

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    nice, i'll wait to see the other pic's i think. i'm leaning toward the straight liner style of things though
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

Blog Entries
    Send me the other picture Wayne and I'll resize it for ya.

Sounds like a great project... cant wait to see the results.

The piccy is an A3 size in a book. I've got the series of articles covering the build up at home somewhere.

well take them off for a while and scan them then you can put them back on, too cover up the build up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep,

That yellow things a real hero bike!

Unlike the millions of Hardleys on the market it is in my opinion the best of both worlds. Those into Jap Chops out here previously did mostly XS650 or CB750 based bikes. The price on these has skyrocketed ,they are getting scarce and when found they usually need a full rebuild before being re-used. It's little wonder people are turning to modern bikes like the GSXR and CBR as a choice for donors for new custom bikes. Just something to think about

Don't got a problem with the power plant, it's the styling, does it come with a free "rebel flag" bandana?

What's the wheel base on it? what's ground clearance like? And the rear doesn't look that big either?

To each his own Chalky. I tried to test ride an NSR I did work on the other evening and could not even come close to fitting. Not everyone likes to ride hunched over like a dog doing a shit. I don't have real knees anymore so that style with a great jap powerplant appeals to me. I'm sure that if the owner wanted the whole "rebel flag bandana" thing he would have Hardley Softcock rather than build what to me is a classic pisstake.

Weekend Warrior
    I just got given an NSR 250 .... guy used ta race it but the motor seized so I'll get the motor goin and go and play...

As far as the yella and blue gixxer chop/custom ... each to their own ... at least it doesn't look the same as everyone elses...

quote:Originally posted by chopaweeza
    [br Those into Jap Chops out here previously did mostly XS650 or CB750 based bikes. The price on these has skyrocketed ,they are getting scarce and when found they usually need a full rebuild before being re-used.
    Are the old school 750/4 hardtail/plunger framed chops really worth decent $$$$ [?]
    I know of at least 2, maybe 4 of 'em collecting dust in mates garages.
    This may be a good way to make some extra cash.
    Would a decent one bring say, $5k

Yes TK , they are. One with an Engineers Cert goes for about $4-8K . A shabby one without an Engineers about $2-5K. If they have previous proof of registeration add 10-20% onto the price of a shabby. There are an aweful lot of variables but given some pictures I can give you a pretty good idea of the actual expected prices. Springer & Girder forks always add to the value, rigid frames are usually worth more than plungers and the condition of the motor is always a factor. If you advice with this just ask.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-K1-Chop...QQcmdZViewItem

This is a pretty typical example I reckon, I'll be interested to see how much it sells for.

I used to lust over these things when I was a little kid, a bloke down the street had one with the big sissy bar & apehangers & I thought it was the coolest thing around.

When I was a kid a Panhead used to ride past the Kids Home evry evening. I used to see it everyday. To me it was freedom so it was no real shock when I grew up into a biker. As for the Honda-No Engineers and not running. I'd say about $3500 at a guess. Maybe higher

Here's some eye candy. Not to everyones taste but then what is anymore.

Blog Entries
    I'm not mad on Choppers but that Triumph is well nice. Where's the guy that built that from? English?

triumph is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and so is the gixxer with the sss
    that was/is one of the ways i was looking at doing the gixxer (ie the one wiht the sss)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast