Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chopper Underground Buildoff just commenced

chopaweeza

Chopper Underground Buildoff just commenced

23 people were listed for it. 8 Canadians, 14 Americans and one ratbag Aussie. 3 months build time. A $1000USD build budget(does not include the donor bike cost). Judged by online votes. Will post the link to show the other competitors bikes when it is published. But for now, here's a piccy of my donor-An 04' GSXR750 purchased from Motorcycle Disposals last year. Per the rules, I've obtained a stock replacement exhaust and a radiator off an 02'(doesn't fit the stock frame but thats OK cause I build my own). Every so often I'll be posting new pictures here as well as the contest site as work progresses so bear with me. If you are wondering what interest a streetfighter site would have with a chopper contest entry just wait & see.....

Contestant IO17

Blog Entries
    Good on ya Chop. Been looking forward to this mate.......

Blog Entries
    Good on ya Chop. Been looking forward to this mate.......

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    this is going to be good!!!

if u need any help chop i can see what i can do,
    i have some gixxer forks laying about and some triple clamps if it helps

Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    this is going to be good!!!

if u need any help chop i can see what i can do,
    i have some gixxer forks laying about and some triple clamps if it helps

Rev the fucker!!!!!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Wow youve got a nice start there anyway... This should be very interesting... GOOD LUCK MAN!!

That frame its on looks suspiciosly like one of "Bikes Only Transport's" crate systems...

Got a couple lying around meself

Wow youve got a nice start there anyway... This should be very interesting... GOOD LUCK MAN!!

That frame its on looks suspiciosly like one of "Bikes Only Transport's" crate systems...

Got a couple lying around meself

Hey Fimp,
    What sort of forks you got? Are you interested in moving them on?
    I have a '90 gixxer frame, swinger, and triple clamps sitting waiting for a front end,and a tank, to 'update' my '88 1108 slabfighter
    Oh yeah, Choppa, good luck with the build mate, your style may not be to my taste, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the effort you'll have to put in to get a result.
    I'm lookin forward to seeing what you make/modify.

Hey Fimp,
    What sort of forks you got? Are you interested in moving them on?
    I have a '90 gixxer frame, swinger, and triple clamps sitting waiting for a front end,and a tank, to 'update' my '88 1108 slabfighter
    Oh yeah, Choppa, good luck with the build mate, your style may not be to my taste, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the effort you'll have to put in to get a result.
    I'm lookin forward to seeing what you make/modify.

Looks like the forks are into the chopper action there already Choppa?

Good luck mate. What's the timeline?

Looks like the forks are into the chopper action there already Choppa?

Good luck mate. What's the timeline?

Thanks for all the encouragement. I un-twisted the bottom yolk & got a new top yolk off eBay for stuff all. The forks are in suprisingly good condition and the front wheel was fixed by Fat Tony. I've got a mangled Hardley front guard that I'm thinking of re-working for the rear and a rear that I might butcher for the front. Other ideas include tank under the seat, false supercharger(I'll do a real one after the Engineers Certificate) and a frame similar to that blue Buell in Back Street Heroes. The new swingarm pivots are a combination of gold pivot inserts off a GSXR1000 frame($5 at a scrap yard) and one off machined steel parts that cost me a six of VB from the fitters at work. I'll be using a headstock of a VN1500 to mock up until I get a new one made. If I can't get an instrument panel cheap enough(cause it comes out of my build budget) I'll use a Hardley electronic unit & modify the pulse generator to give an accurate reading. Other than that i have a few ideas I'm toying with as well but I'll see how the bike evolves before commiting to them. I should have the frame cradle finished by Australia Day and after that I'll be sorting out the rest. I don't know if the Yank & Canadian voters will dig the style I'm aiming for but I don't care as it's about that great Australian spirit of "Have A Go". I've won trophies before from bikes I've built so I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I'm just going to enjoy the build & try some things I've never done before bikewise.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I un-twisted the bottom yolk & got a new top yolk off eBay for stuff all. The forks are in suprisingly good condition and the front wheel was fixed by Fat Tony. I've got a mangled Hardley front guard that I'm thinking of re-working for the rear and a rear that I might butcher for the front. Other ideas include tank under the seat, false supercharger(I'll do a real one after the Engineers Certificate) and a frame similar to that blue Buell in Back Street Heroes. The new swingarm pivots are a combination of gold pivot inserts off a GSXR1000 frame($5 at a scrap yard) and one off machined steel parts that cost me a six of VB from the fitters at work. I'll be using a headstock of a VN1500 to mock up until I get a new one made. If I can't get an instrument panel cheap enough(cause it comes out of my build budget) I'll use a Hardley electronic unit & modify the pulse generator to give an accurate reading. Other than that i have a few ideas I'm toying with as well but I'll see how the bike evolves before commiting to them. I should have the frame cradle finished by Australia Day and after that I'll be sorting out the rest. I don't know if the Yank & Canadian voters will dig the style I'm aiming for but I don't care as it's about that great Australian spirit of "Have A Go". I've won trophies before from bikes I've built so I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I'm just going to enjoy the build & try some things I've never done before bikewise.

The forks need just a little more rake for my needs.... The bike must be photo'ed running and completed by the end of March. I also have to submit regular pictures with my Builder ID number in them over the course of the build. As of luck, I have skill & good looks so luck would pushing it a bit......

The forks need just a little more rake for my needs.... The bike must be photo'ed running and completed by the end of March. I also have to submit regular pictures with my Builder ID number in them over the course of the build. As of luck, I have skill & good looks so luck would pushing it a bit......

End of March!????!

Gonna bring it along to the run?

End of March!????!

Gonna bring it along to the run?

End of March. It will be NSW Road legal but not Engineered so if it comes it will be on the back of the ute(if it fits that is). I'm full on committed to it and have even gone to the extent of dumping the annoying woman I was seeing just to give me more build time with less distractions. I did a nuts & bolts build up on a Triumph T120 chopper in 6 weeks solid when I was alot younger and on holidays. It will be a stretch getting it all done BUT there are a suprisingly large number of people wanting to see me kick the shit out of the North Americans in the bike building game so I don't want to disappoint them....I can handle loosing in the contest but I can't handle not finishing that bike. Simple as that really....

End of March. It will be NSW Road legal but not Engineered so if it comes it will be on the back of the ute(if it fits that is). I'm full on committed to it and have even gone to the extent of dumping the annoying woman I was seeing just to give me more build time with less distractions. I did a nuts & bolts build up on a Triumph T120 chopper in 6 weeks solid when I was alot younger and on holidays. It will be a stretch getting it all done BUT there are a suprisingly large number of people wanting to see me kick the shit out of the North Americans in the bike building game so I don't want to disappoint them....I can handle loosing in the contest but I can't handle not finishing that bike. Simple as that really....

Weekend Warrior
    go chop thats fucken rad mate! ozy ozy ozy!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast