Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which gixxer is best...

Bloke with a smaller stick
    most of us will be biased to suzuki
    but if i had my time over again then it would be a 02/03 GSXR750/1000 - stripped
    I dont think they look quite as good completely nude. unlike like the earlier gixxers that look great.

good luck with it all

$60 large, i'd go the MV Augusta,strip it raw and have "In Memory of Mum" airbrushed onto the tank along side the Streetfighter knuckle duster logo.

$60 large, i'd go the MV Augusta,strip it raw and have "In Memory of Mum" airbrushed onto the tank along side the Streetfighter knuckle duster logo.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Don't blow it all, mate. I'd go for any late 90's early 00's 600 or 750 (i met a guy at the island who'd fightered a vfr 750 (honda, iknow, but with a set of pipes, all the touring shit ripped off & a 600rr seat...). They're cheap- especially kwakas- and the newer it is, the easier the conversion is, all the things you update on an older bike (forks, brakes, engine etc.)you won't need to do.
    Mine's an 88 750 frame(i'm with mundy) and an 87 1100 engine. O'course when i got a shitload of cash, i blew it on a 996 and an overseas trip. now i'm broke, but my gixxer looks great!
    more titanium than my bike

ASF Premium Full Member
    Don't blow it all, mate. I'd go for any late 90's early 00's 600 or 750 (i met a guy at the island who'd fightered a vfr 750 (honda, iknow, but with a set of pipes, all the touring shit ripped off & a 600rr seat...). They're cheap- especially kwakas- and the newer it is, the easier the conversion is, all the things you update on an older bike (forks, brakes, engine etc.)you won't need to do.
    Mine's an 88 750 frame(i'm with mundy) and an 87 1100 engine. O'course when i got a shitload of cash, i blew it on a 996 and an overseas trip. now i'm broke, but my gixxer looks great!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i have a '02 sv650 for $7grand if ur interested?
    its already had the basic fighter treatment too
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i have a '02 sv650 for $7grand if ur interested?
    its already had the basic fighter treatment too
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    They're cheap- especially kwakas thats it if you are gonna insult me and my kwaka im not coming back. i do the insult gig on this site. get your own job.

They're cheap- especially kwakas thats it if you are gonna insult me and my kwaka im not coming back. i do the insult gig on this site. get your own job.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thanks for the advice guys.
    yeah i know i'm woefully unexperienced
    i've been riding about a year everyday.(on a piece of shit)
    i've always liked sv650s and i was looking at a kawa z750 that looked pretty trick a few days ago. i'd like to do some of the work myself i'll check out the bikes you sugested.

i won't blow it all. that money will hopefully get me through uni. i work heaps aswell. about 10 grand on the bike i recon

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    thanks for the advice guys.
    yeah i know i'm woefully unexperienced
    i've been riding about a year everyday.(on a piece of shit)
    i've always liked sv650s and i was looking at a kawa z750 that looked pretty trick a few days ago. i'd like to do some of the work myself i'll check out the bikes you sugested.

i won't blow it all. that money will hopefully get me through uni. i work heaps aswell. about 10 grand on the bike i recon

a 750L or a 750M would be my choice if i was going to 7/11 in the future. best lookin GSXRs made i reckon. however i would never not consider the 750G or the 750H if your looking for light weight. 750L/M has 17in wheels and usd forks and handles well but is heavy. 750G/H is very light lots of bits around for them going cheap but frame is a bit flexy skinny rubber and standard suspension is a bit iffy. both types of bikes would be a good choice i suppose it depends on which one you prefer. personaly id go the 750M and later put a 1127 or 1200 bandit engine in.

a 750L or a 750M would be my choice if i was going to 7/11 in the future. best lookin GSXRs made i reckon. however i would never not consider the 750G or the 750H if your looking for light weight. 750L/M has 17in wheels and usd forks and handles well but is heavy. 750G/H is very light lots of bits around for them going cheap but frame is a bit flexy skinny rubber and standard suspension is a bit iffy. both types of bikes would be a good choice i suppose it depends on which one you prefer. personaly id go the 750M and later put a 1127 or 1200 bandit engine in.

ASF Premium Full Member
    I was actually trying to insult exben, rexxie. They're only cheaper 'cause they're overlooked.

ASF Premium Full Member
    I was actually trying to insult exben, rexxie. They're only cheaper 'cause they're overlooked.

Weekend Warrior
    Hey Pottsy,

Don't forget the Mighty Hornet if you are lazy but still want a fighter look. Yeah I know, but err yuk - it's a honda.

All up cost should be below $10K to buy/customise. Std you're lookin at around 110 rear wheel horsepower and weight around 190kg.

Ignoring the ugly rack/touring bag I think it looks pretty cool for what it is - don't know about that guy in the background in the mumu though...

Weekend Warrior
    Hey Pottsy,

Don't forget the Mighty Hornet if you are lazy but still want a fighter look. Yeah I know, but err yuk - it's a honda.

All up cost should be below $10K to buy/customise. Std you're lookin at around 110 rear wheel horsepower and weight around 190kg.

Ignoring the ugly rack/touring bag I think it looks pretty cool for what it is - don't know about that guy in the background in the mumu though...

Blog Entries
    Where's the picture?

Blog Entries
    Where's the picture?

Blog Entries
    ok. sorted

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast