Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which gixxer is best...

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    whats wrong ladies, afraid of the water?? :P

i would get the one without USD, then put the whole front end off a late model gixxer on it so u get the better brakes etc

i keep seeing all these single sided arms off duc's on fighters
    how hard is that to do??
    if your re-doing the front anyways i would look for a wreck
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

New to Streetfighters
    Popcorn...

Your're right about the pop-ups. They have a square tube frame similar to the EFE and other Aircooled bikes. My 750 Pop-up has a 1100 (1052cc) squeezed in there. Plus my '90 GSXR is a 7/11 as well. So I think that's the best model naturally...[8D] Just before the Gixxer bloated in 1991 and worst of all got wet the next year (750WP).

Adrock.

New to Streetfighters
    Popcorn...

Your're right about the pop-ups. They have a square tube frame similar to the EFE and other Aircooled bikes. My 750 Pop-up has a 1100 (1052cc) squeezed in there. Plus my '90 GSXR is a 7/11 as well. So I think that's the best model naturally...[8D] Just before the Gixxer bloated in 1991 and worst of all got wet the next year (750WP).

Adrock.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Katana 750 & 1100 frames ARE different, the bottom engine mount is around 20 - 25 mm further back/forward than each other.
    Both engines bolt up to both frames but you have to fabricate the bottom mounting plate. (easy 1 hr job)

Katana 750 & 1100 frames ARE different, the bottom engine mount is around 20 - 25 mm further back/forward than each other.
    Both engines bolt up to both frames but you have to fabricate the bottom mounting plate. (easy 1 hr job)

Apart from that, is their any geometry or such like difference?

Apart from that, is their any geometry or such like difference?

Nope, same steering head angle, wheelbase, rake/trail, etc.

Nope, same steering head angle, wheelbase, rake/trail, etc.

Weekend Warrior
    isn't the 1100 swingarm longer?, which means a longer wheel base?
    [}]an my loyalaties rest's with '89'[^]

Weekend Warrior
    isn't the 1100 swingarm longer?, which means a longer wheel base?
    [}]an my loyalaties rest's with '89'[^]

On Gixxers, yes, the 750 swinger is shorter than the 11, but we're talking Katanas & they're the same.

On Gixxers, yes, the 750 swinger is shorter than the 11, but we're talking Katanas & they're the same.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    oh fare enough.
    so whats the differences between stock 1100 and stock 750s so far as riding, handling and power, use of rubber and petrol
    should i go all out and get a big one?

just found out that i'm going to get over 60 grand when i turn 18 (8 months) because of a insurance payout.(mum was killed by a drink driver) so i can finaly seriously start to consider buying and building my dream bike.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    oh fare enough.
    so whats the differences between stock 1100 and stock 750s so far as riding, handling and power, use of rubber and petrol
    should i go all out and get a big one?

just found out that i'm going to get over 60 grand when i turn 18 (8 months) because of a insurance payout.(mum was killed by a drink driver) so i can finaly seriously start to consider buying and building my dream bike.

Mate, do your apprenticeship on a 750 first up, they're (slightly) less likely to kill you when you've just come off a 250.
    Then, when you need more grunt - which won't take long if you've got a pair - stick an 1100/1340/1500 in it & you'll have a REAL Streetfighter [8D]
    I'm happy to do all the work for you for the once only, never to be repeated price of $59K (incl. GST)

Mate, do your apprenticeship on a 750 first up, they're (slightly) less likely to kill you when you've just come off a 250.
    Then, when you need more grunt - which won't take long if you've got a pair - stick an 1100/1340/1500 in it & you'll have a REAL Streetfighter [8D]
    I'm happy to do all the work for you for the once only, never to be repeated price of $59K (incl. GST)

Blog Entries
    Yea Pottsy. You really need to get a bit of experience first mate. The GSXR1100 adverts in the late '80s came out with a foot note that said "WARNING - For experienced riders only". They weren't joking mate....
    If I were you and I had that sort of money to play with I would be rocketing into the future mate. Get a modern bike to do it too. They can make great Streetfighters also. The main advantage you have is nearly 2 decades of technology advancement. The bikes will handle faster, be lighter, be fuel injected, and brake on a 10 cent piece. These factors alone will save your life in a twitchy situation, which you will have mate, everyone does. Once you've had that experience then you could move back to the more crazy bikes of olden days! My 89 GSXR is a move back from the two bikes I had before it and you definitely appreciate what experience has taught you when you're riding it.
    Just looking out for you mate - lost too many mates at your age to inexperience. Not trying to put you off at all but definitely head forward first then go back if you want the classic. I would say something like a ZX6R which can look pretty cheeky when stripped (Check http://www.streetfighters.com.au/kawa.asp) would be a great start. They will go just as hard as the older bikes. What do the rest of you guys recommend for our guy here?

Blog Entries
    Yea Pottsy. You really need to get a bit of experience first mate. The GSXR1100 adverts in the late '80s came out with a foot note that said "WARNING - For experienced riders only". They weren't joking mate....
    If I were you and I had that sort of money to play with I would be rocketing into the future mate. Get a modern bike to do it too. They can make great Streetfighters also. The main advantage you have is nearly 2 decades of technology advancement. The bikes will handle faster, be lighter, be fuel injected, and brake on a 10 cent piece. These factors alone will save your life in a twitchy situation, which you will have mate, everyone does. Once you've had that experience then you could move back to the more crazy bikes of olden days! My 89 GSXR is a move back from the two bikes I had before it and you definitely appreciate what experience has taught you when you're riding it.
    Just looking out for you mate - lost too many mates at your age to inexperience. Not trying to put you off at all but definitely head forward first then go back if you want the classic. I would say something like a ZX6R which can look pretty cheeky when stripped (Check http://www.streetfighters.com.au/kawa.asp) would be a great start. They will go just as hard as the older bikes. What do the rest of you guys recommend for our guy here?

Bloke with a smaller stick
    most of us will be biased to suzuki
    but if i had my time over again then it would be a 02/03 GSXR750/1000 - stripped
    I dont think they look quite as good completely nude. unlike like the earlier gixxers that look great.

good luck with it all

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast