Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fightering a GPz900r

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by chalk10

But then again, I could be a right stirrer and fit Katana body work to it [}] [] [V]
    may god strike you down with a lightining bolt for even thinking such a blasphemous thought. Blasphemer!! and everyone knows it highly illegal to fit sacred Katana bodywork to anything other than a Suzuki. ill say 100 hail marys for you so god may take mercy on your soul. Our Suzuki who art in heaven Katana be thy name (you should know the rest) Poor misguided chalk10 REPENT YOUR SINS. All will be forgivin if you promise to never ever have such evil thoughts again. i think i need a lie down, im feeling a bit faint.

Gudday OZ, wondered how long it would take

Never fear, I would never be so sacra... sacrila.....sicrala.... suuch a cnt

Instead I'm gonna put the GPz body work onto a Kat

Gudday OZ, wondered how long it would take

Never fear, I would never be so sacra... sacrila.....sicrala.... suuch a cnt

Instead I'm gonna put the GPz body work onto a Kat

OK Perhaps not.

That Triumph seat unit would look the piece though, especially with the rear jacked up, a JMC swing-arm, lay flat digital guages / idiot lights, flat bars with bar end mirrors and indicators, and a big chunky USD front-end.

By the way, has anyone heard much about a fairly new hydro blasting process, which produces an oil-proof polish? I was thinking about doing the wheels.

OK Perhaps not.

That Triumph seat unit would look the piece though, especially with the rear jacked up, a JMC swing-arm, lay flat digital guages / idiot lights, flat bars with bar end mirrors and indicators, and a big chunky USD front-end.

By the way, has anyone heard much about a fairly new hydro blasting process, which produces an oil-proof polish? I was thinking about doing the wheels.

electraglide says it all. slap yourself Chalk,bunnings also sells an adjustable rake/fork.but ya wouldn't strap that on ya byke

electraglide says it all. slap yourself Chalk,bunnings also sells an adjustable rake/fork.but ya wouldn't strap that on ya byke

**SLAP** **SLAP**

OOOOhhhhh I feel better now, thanks for that Davo

I hereby solemnly swear that I will never talk about putting slugley bits on my bike again.

**SLAP** **SLAP**

OOOOhhhhh I feel better now, thanks for that Davo

I hereby solemnly swear that I will never talk about putting slugley bits on my bike again.

Yeah mate, I'm looking at that seat myself for a future project- Called up my local Triumph dealer and the pricing isnt that bad for an unpainted unit, Brand new.

Yeah mate, I'm looking at that seat myself for a future project- Called up my local Triumph dealer and the pricing isnt that bad for an unpainted unit, Brand new.

Yeah I'll be waiting till I've sorted out a frame first, either a braced stocker or an aftermarket kit even, before buying a seat. And I better get another contract to pay for it all.

(I can see Ash and Tony taking the piss big time if I buy an English kit

Yeah I'll be waiting till I've sorted out a frame first, either a braced stocker or an aftermarket kit even, before buying a seat. And I better get another contract to pay for it all.

(I can see Ash and Tony taking the piss big time if I buy an English kit

Waahayhayhayhay

Finally got the Geepz stripped and back on the road. Took it for it's first shake down today, and don't it make a difference. Playing in the traffic is so much more fun AND FASTER[].The front end really wants to point at the sky a lot more now when launcing, or perhaps I'm just launching faster because I can hang on properly now[^], but definitely had to lean right forward to keep the front down at times[}].

The new idiot lights work great, even in strong direct sunlight. The new mirrors are a bit blurry, well, the one that is left is, the other one is now at the bottom of Cotter Ravine[xx(], did a lovely impression of racing me through a nice tight corner (scared the living shit out of me actually, I didn't realise what it was but a big chunk of metal came up the inside of me on a fucking tight left hander[)]) Ah well at least it didn't take the indicator and adaptor with it, and with only one mirror it looks even lower across the top now[8D].

Have to take a bit of care with throwing the bike around too, it's so much easier with the new bars that I nearly throw it straight down.[:I]

Have got a coil breking down (I think) so didn't really go much over 200 (In fact 205.1 according to my bicycle speedo[}]) but that's not too bad since I didn't actually go out of town. Wind buffeting at speeds over 180 is pretty serious though, my highway jacket balloons big time, I look like that chick with the belly button.

Brakes are definitely on the to do list, along with coils and dynajet. This week I'm going to get the bars widened by 4 inches, and look at moving them a couple of centimetres forward and down, and maybe some rearsets.

Waahayhayhayhay

Finally got the Geepz stripped and back on the road. Took it for it's first shake down today, and don't it make a difference. Playing in the traffic is so much more fun AND FASTER[].The front end really wants to point at the sky a lot more now when launcing, or perhaps I'm just launching faster because I can hang on properly now[^], but definitely had to lean right forward to keep the front down at times[}].

The new idiot lights work great, even in strong direct sunlight. The new mirrors are a bit blurry, well, the one that is left is, the other one is now at the bottom of Cotter Ravine[xx(], did a lovely impression of racing me through a nice tight corner (scared the living shit out of me actually, I didn't realise what it was but a big chunk of metal came up the inside of me on a fucking tight left hander[)]) Ah well at least it didn't take the indicator and adaptor with it, and with only one mirror it looks even lower across the top now[8D].

Have to take a bit of care with throwing the bike around too, it's so much easier with the new bars that I nearly throw it straight down.[:I]

Have got a coil breking down (I think) so didn't really go much over 200 (In fact 205.1 according to my bicycle speedo[}]) but that's not too bad since I didn't actually go out of town. Wind buffeting at speeds over 180 is pretty serious though, my highway jacket balloons big time, I look like that chick with the belly button.

Brakes are definitely on the to do list, along with coils and dynajet. This week I'm going to get the bars widened by 4 inches, and look at moving them a couple of centimetres forward and down, and maybe some rearsets.

GPZ1000RX carbs, ZZR600 wheels & forks(a simple & almost straight swap over), some fold away pillion pegs(like on the CBR250)and a new sub frame area to take something a little different in the seat area. Just my 2 cents worth.

GPZ1000RX carbs, ZZR600 wheels & forks(a simple & almost straight swap over), some fold away pillion pegs(like on the CBR250)and a new sub frame area to take something a little different in the seat area. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks mate, any particular ZZR6 model?
    I was actually planning on cutting away the current rear peg mounts, and run a muffler up through there. No pegs no pillions .

The seat can wait for now.

Thanks mate, any particular ZZR6 model?
    I was actually planning on cutting away the current rear peg mounts, and run a muffler up through there. No pegs no pillions .

The seat can wait for now.

From memory models up to 98/99 should fit. The mod looks good. The front end is an almost straight swap over with the steering stops possibly need re-positioning on the frame.Not sure about the gauges tho. With the rear a cheat is to measure the distance between the swingarm at the axle on both bikes and then measure the offset of the sprocket as well. This is a cheats way with Kwakas that should put you rear on the money. If the axle diameters are different you just have to either have it machined or sleeved to fit.Good Luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast