Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fightering a GPz900r

Fightering a GPz900r

Hi guys, how's trick's?

I'm looking at picking up a GPz9 on the weekend, and was wondering if any body had any pointers for fightering one?

lead with the left.

lead with the left.

Blog Entries
    If that's the actual bike, piss the rack off, get some extended dog bones, piss the fairing off and then get back to us when it looks like one of these:

Blog Entries
    If that's the actual bike, piss the rack off, get some extended dog bones, piss the fairing off and then get back to us when it looks like one of these:

Don't you have a bed to go to Gix?

You ever been to Canberra in winter mate? I Might be hanging on to that fairing for another couple of months [8)]

A decent set of flat bars are definitely on the early order list, dunno if I'm that fussed on the standard body work sans fairing though, so might have to look into a new tank and seat unit. Anybody know where I can get some B-king livery for it? [}]

Don't you have a bed to go to Gix?

You ever been to Canberra in winter mate? I Might be hanging on to that fairing for another couple of months [8)]

A decent set of flat bars are definitely on the early order list, dunno if I'm that fussed on the standard body work sans fairing though, so might have to look into a new tank and seat unit. Anybody know where I can get some B-king livery for it? [}]

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Remove Fairing,
    Remount new lights,

Remove Engine,
    Insert ZZR1100 lump,
    (with a nice 4 into 1)

Bin the huuuuge rear guard and ugly indicators,

Start looking for GSXR / ZXR USD front end,
    with a new top yolk to take bars,
    and a fat rear wheel to match the front.

That would be a start.
    (but seeing as im still riding a near stock bike after being here 12 months you should probabley not listen to me!)

Tony
    04 Busa (but on the lookout for a "project")

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Remove Fairing,
    Remount new lights,

Remove Engine,
    Insert ZZR1100 lump,
    (with a nice 4 into 1)

Bin the huuuuge rear guard and ugly indicators,

Start looking for GSXR / ZXR USD front end,
    with a new top yolk to take bars,
    and a fat rear wheel to match the front.

That would be a start.
    (but seeing as im still riding a near stock bike after being here 12 months you should probabley not listen to me!)

Tony
    04 Busa (but on the lookout for a "project")

Picked up the bike today, and it's s good as it looks.

Had to collect it from Sussex Inlet though, which took all day to get there and back with a trailer. Did go through Kangaroo Valley though, which is always good.

85'
    Very Good Condition
    $1000

Tempting to keep this one as is, and get a GSX11 for a project bike, the price I paid for the GPz I can afford both.

Picked up the bike today, and it's s good as it looks.

Had to collect it from Sussex Inlet though, which took all day to get there and back with a trailer. Did go through Kangaroo Valley though, which is always good.

85'
    Very Good Condition
    $1000

Tempting to keep this one as is, and get a GSX11 for a project bike, the price I paid for the GPz I can afford both.

Blog Entries
    What? As a collectors piece you mean? Not a bad idea mate. If your going to throw money at a fighter go the big CC anyway. The GSX sounds like a better idea....

Blog Entries
    What? As a collectors piece you mean? Not a bad idea mate. If your going to throw money at a fighter go the big CC anyway. The GSX sounds like a better idea....

Yeah my preference is the big Suzuki air-cooleds.

But the jeepz goes hard too , and as long as I don't bin it it'll make a good collector.

Yeah my preference is the big Suzuki air-cooleds.

But the jeepz goes hard too , and as long as I don't bin it it'll make a good collector.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I rekon a Triumph Daytona 650 seat unit would suit that tank very nicely, would make it look very stealthy. Maybe try cutting the front fairing so you have a nice custom belly pan, The rest of the plastic though , Bin it. Maybe a high, under seat exhaust trick up and a single swing arm??? ANd a crazy head light set to suit the Daytona Seat unit. Thats what I personally would do.
    Oh and some nice Chunky forks
    Have fun with it Bud. Post up pics as you go along

I rekon a Triumph Daytona 650 seat unit would suit that tank very nicely, would make it look very stealthy. Maybe try cutting the front fairing so you have a nice custom belly pan, The rest of the plastic though , Bin it. Maybe a high, under seat exhaust trick up and a single swing arm??? ANd a crazy head light set to suit the Daytona Seat unit. Thats what I personally would do.
    Oh and some nice Chunky forks
    Have fun with it Bud. Post up pics as you go along

I'll have to check out that seat mate.

Actually a mate was going on about chunky forks last night.

He reckons the go is ......wait for it........Electraglide triple clamps[V]!!!! Apparently they have adjustable rake.

I was thinking about making up a polished alloy plate to go between the triple trees attached to the forks, in the shape of an Iron Cross(Anybody for a bit of Laibach/Einsterzende?[8D]), and flush-fit high-intensity compact lights into the design.

Clean AND chunky.

But then again, I could be a right stirrer and fit Katana body work to it [}] [] [V]

I'll have to check out that seat mate.

Actually a mate was going on about chunky forks last night.

He reckons the go is ......wait for it........Electraglide triple clamps[V]!!!! Apparently they have adjustable rake.

I was thinking about making up a polished alloy plate to go between the triple trees attached to the forks, in the shape of an Iron Cross(Anybody for a bit of Laibach/Einsterzende?[8D]), and flush-fit high-intensity compact lights into the design.

Clean AND chunky.

But then again, I could be a right stirrer and fit Katana body work to it [}] [] [V]

quote:Originally posted by chalk10

may god strike you down with a lightining bolt for even thinking such a blasphemous thought. Blasphemer!! and everyone knows it highly illegal to fit sacred Katana bodywork to anything other than a Suzuki. ill say 100 hail marys for you so god may take mercy on your soul. Our Suzuki who art in heaven Katana be thy name (you should know the rest) Poor misguided chalk10 REPENT YOUR SINS. All will be forgivin if you promise to never ever have such evil thoughts again. i think i need a lie down, im feeling a bit faint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast