Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ebay bargain

dinorider

ebay bargain

check this thing out,my 18 year old brother was looking for a gs650 donk for an offroad buggy he wants to build(apprentice welder and boilermaker)the edge company that designs these things suggest that is the engine to use.well we won this thing on ebay for the princely sum of $31.it is a gs550 with a gs650 donk,basket case he reckons but the motor runs well.young bro wants a bike too and this thing would be learner legal according to the rta LAM`s,so i think i will check her out to see if we can`t fixerup before guttin it.

Weekend Warrior

saw this on ebay...1983 suzuki xn85 turbo.dunno how to insert a link but it is still up for auction.i remember all the other turbo bikes including rickman but not this thing.can anyone remember these things?

just another of the crop of turbo's to come out of Japan in the early/mid 80's.

Each of the big four had them
    Yamaha XJ650 turbo
    Honda CX650 Turbo
    Kawasaki GPz750 Turbo (The pick of a bad bunch)
    Suzuki XN85 (650cc I think.

The Suzuki wasn't too bad, the Kwaka was the best though.

The Japanese wanted to produce a lightweight, medium sized 'big-bore', what they ended up with were expensive to buy, expensive to run/maintain, masively overweight, peaky, middleweight that was the size and weight of a 'big-bore', and they didn't go as hard as a real 'big-bore', and handled like shit.

Before buying think to yourself, how much do Platinum spark plugs cost? cos they chew'em.

You'd be better off with an Suzuki RE5 rotary, more collectable.

Weekend Warrior
    cool,as i said i remember the others you mention but not this thing.

jump on e-bay an check this out.GSX-R1190 1d22hours to go an no bids,$4000 southerland NSW.143Hp an a tric blue paint job. time to update Dino

jump on e-bay an check this out.GSX-R1190 1d22hours to go an no bids,$4000 southerland NSW.143Hp an a tric blue paint job. time to update Dino

if i wasn't compewta illiterate i'd upload it 4 ya[:X]

if i wasn't compewta illiterate i'd upload it 4 ya[:X]

Weekend Warrior
    nice one that.hoping on another on ebay.see how i go.

Weekend Warrior
    nice one that.hoping on another on ebay.see how i go.

theres a few good ones goin at the mo mate,there was sum unit called a GVT or sumthin like that goin 4 a measly $99000.1 of only 5 hand built,looked like a heap of shit.no specs supplied so im not sure what it was an cant find it again,maybe it was in trading post[xx(]

theres a few good ones goin at the mo mate,there was sum unit called a GVT or sumthin like that goin 4 a measly $99000.1 of only 5 hand built,looked like a heap of shit.no specs supplied so im not sure what it was an cant find it again,maybe it was in trading post[xx(]

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Yes, GPz was by far the best of the bunch,
    Did you know that although it carried the "GPZ" logo on the engine covers Kawasaki Never called it a GPz, it was a Z750Turbo, yet the public ALWAYS call it GPz750Turbo....useless info

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Yes, GPz was by far the best of the bunch,
    Did you know that although it carried the "GPZ" logo on the engine covers Kawasaki Never called it a GPz, it was a Z750Turbo, yet the public ALWAYS call it GPz750Turbo....useless info

Weekend Warrior
    farrk! what a machine[].this is kinda what i had in mind for the old gs,puffen stuff.but after doin a pricing study i shit myself[:0] and just done a few mods.dig that chromed frame and alternator mod.

Weekend Warrior
    farrk! what a machine[].this is kinda what i had in mind for the old gs,puffen stuff.but after doin a pricing study i shit myself[:0] and just done a few mods.dig that chromed frame and alternator mod.

ah the return of Tony Nitrous,where've ya been mate??? we've been missin ya spectacular foto input

ah the return of Tony Nitrous,where've ya been mate??? we've been missin ya spectacular foto input

Yeah Kawazaki seems to have an issue with bike designations.

The air-cooled GPz750's are designated ZX750 by Kawazaki.

Damned good bikes though.

Yeah Kawazaki seems to have an issue with bike designations.

The air-cooled GPz750's are designated ZX750 by Kawazaki.

Damned good bikes though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast