Thread: The Pie Run

dinorider

The Pie Run

What a day, What a day! yesterday that is or was.Went to the pieshop to meet up with a couple of lads and could not believe the amount of machinery there.Of course my old gs11 was the oldest thing there.Should have seen all the posers on their latest and greatest, pitty most can`t extract anywhere near the performance potential of their bikes.Did a couple of runs up and down and found it amazing to find this one bloke on a 2004 gsxr1000 who was holding me up!!!!!! I think he should have bought a vespa.After a few runs noticed the back tyre was showing me her undies,oops 130 back tyre = not much grip.so off home I went though did have a good knock about with a rz500 2 stroker.he pulled on me slowly through the bends then we hit this longish straight and seeya, quickest thing that left me all day.[:0]

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a bloody great day mate! Nice one. You should take a camera along next time and send some pictures in.

Weekend Warrior
    just got my camera back so look forward to some picky`s in the future

Weekend Warrior
    maybe the gixxer pilot was still running it in

Weekend Warrior
    i suppose so,but it don`t take hp through there,just handling and braking.something my old thing isn`t great at though it does make a very good account of itself.the guys i ride with have zzr1200, sp1,cbr250r and a shadow 750.mixed bunch hey,but all agree the old suzi goes like a cat with a scolded arse.the sp1 rider constantly harrasses me to update to a full sporter.however where is the fun in that.i fish with 4 pound line.by the way do you rev your gsxr1000 out to peak revs when your running it in? just a thought.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Dinorider, dont do it! Stick to the old school Suzuki mate.Amongst all the masses of latest model weponery its good to see some interesting oldskoolers keeping the rest of em honest, and commanding their share of respect. Beautiful.

Weekend Warrior
    yes mate i think i will stick with the old metal,one thing is for sure there must have been a lot of changes in the rating of horsepower because bikes that should inhilate me just aren`t

she is a fine ol looker Dino,not 2 many left these days so hang onto er.

Weekend Warrior
    thanks davo and yes i plan to keep her.the original streetfighter well big call however this model was available fully faired(gk)and she does have a few mods,all reversable.ha ha ha,wadayathink?

Weekend Warrior
    thanks davo and yes i plan to keep her.the original streetfighter well big call however this model was available fully faired(gk)and she does have a few mods,all reversable.ha ha ha,wadayathink?

pie shots tiger,nuthin makes the punters smile like a good pie shot(mapotassie style)

pie shots tiger,nuthin makes the punters smile like a good pie shot(mapotassie style)