Thread: Ozzie Built Classic !

Tony Nitrous

Ozzie Built Classic !

Engine: The two end cylinders off a Rolls Royce Merlin 24litre V12 aero engine. Originally fitted to a Mosquito bomber. Making a special new crank for it took 300 hours.
    Gearbox: 3 speed Holden car gearbox and engine speed clutch. Air operated.
    Rear drive: Big Chain.
    Frame: One off construction using engine as stressed member.
    Wheels:Front: Suzuki GS1100G.
    Back: Big drag slick.
    Electrics: Unknown.
    Starting: DC3Aero starter operated by assistant.
    Carburetion: 2 x 1000cfm 4 Barrel Rochesters .
    Future Mods: A supercharger and Nitrous Oxide injection are planned.

Weekend Warrior
    That bike is quite something, we saw it at Daytona years ago. I will have to try to find one of the photos I took of it with a scantily clad girl on it. It wasn't started but did run reasonably well I understand. It would certainly benefit from some decent forks and brakes :-)

The mans name is "LUCKY KIESER" well thats wot i read & he lived in Darwin (must be the beer)It was a slice off a Spitfire MERLIN engine. thats wot they tell me.at the time of print he had no CHUTE

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i come from darwin.there used to be bloke they called mad who used to run a drag bike which was just a blown 350 chev and powerglide with a frame around it and some serious rubber at the back. never could get a proper time as they had real traction problems. smoked the whole quarter everytime.

Blog Entries
    Yea. Mad is still going mate. He comes to the Gold Coast Bike Show every year. He's done away with the V8 and now has a jet engine off some fighter plane or helicopter or something. He fires it up and then lets the after burner char the entire venue. I just love the way he chocks the front wheel with a house brick......

http://www.madv8bike.com/