Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HAS ANYONE TRIED VINYL WRAPPING?

Weekend Warrior
    i did my ducati 1198s track fairings in brushed gold ... biggest pain was the tank... the rest went on nice and prep work is the key any dust or hair will show up

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Your gonna have to put up pics of that CiCCO.......im sure its gotta look better than it sounds???

Weekend Warrior
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	4418

Weekend Warrior
    what u think if u look close u will see the tank was a bit of a fuck up but for my first time it came up ok got some people tripping out at the track hahaha

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    how much did that cost mr cicco?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Gaining momentum.
    Have completed installation courses with Avery and have 4 old dungers already lined up for some work.....just need the bloody shed finished. If its not raining up here or the daytime temp gets warm enough to melt ice then I'm definitely at work or a bloody 3 year olds birthday party.
    Have gotten interest from local rodders to do;
    66 Thunderbird in pearl white
    66 Mk1 Cortina 2 tone pearl white roof blue body
    58 Customline that already has a $25k paintjob but owner not happy with the colour
    200sx that had its resale destroyed when someone pointed a spray gun at it loaded with PINK paint.

Doing the roof of the Cortina later this week. I'll put up some pictures. Will soon be looking for anyone interested as a guinea pig to do their bike. And believe it or not there are more colours available than just CF look alike film.

I spoke to a mob here in Sydney about carbon vinyl wrap for the bike last week
    I was told due to the angles and lack of surface area that it will last about six months...
    Paint it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisecontrol View Post
    I spoke to a mob here in Sydney about carbon vinyl wrap for the bike last week
    I was told due to the angles and lack of surface area that it will last about six months...
    Paint it is!
    Not true. The Market is flooded with the stuff, cheap and counterfeit. DO NOT buy 3m from ebay sellers. 80% chance its counterfeit with 3m logos and all.
    If prepared properly and a quality film like 3m 1080 or Avery Supreme Wrap is used then you wont have problems with adhesion or longevity.
    Talk to this lot up your way. http://www.carbondemon.com.au/

Haha, do you want the email that carbondemon sent me that said six months?

Last edited by Cruisecontrol; 01-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Aido, im pretty keen to wrap my racebike mate.
    Was trying to get it quoted a while back bet everyone was really sketchy with price.

If you still have my numbers give me a call!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Try speaking with 3M or Avery directly ask for their state rep. Find out directly from supplier what they can and cant do or suit. All else fails try this number 0400107615. fellas name is Nelson he is a rep for MEP Films (window tinting) he has a few contacts in the industry and is very helpful.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi all,
    Been a while since any update on this thread, Anyone got any stories of shrinkage or peeling on their bike bits? Curious to know as I saw wrapping as a good alternative to painting a whole bunch of parts on my project. Cheers.

Well the parts I have done on my bike seem to have lasted so far I was a bit skeptical in the begining of longivity but 2 years on and a fair bit of riding its all good sure its not as good as paint but is pretty cool dano come to mt helena tav tommo for lunch I put a thread up for it and have a look at the pieces on my bike

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hey Hyo sorry missed the post but cheers for the invite anyhow. I have the bike in a million bits at the mo but I'll be putting it back together soon once I have set up the new rearsets, which of course will require a good ride and possibly catch up next time to take a look. Cheers.

A few years back there was some freak on here that built a set of brake rotors out of CF for some other freak on here, they were truly awesome...CF wrap was not really an option. Now days that other freak prefers titanium , and goes shopping at Aldi on his Honda.

holy shit

ASF Premium Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davo View Post
    A few years back there was some freak on here that built a set of brake rotors out of CF for some other freak on here, they were truly awesome...CF wrap was not really an option. Now days that other freak prefers titanium , and goes shopping at Aldi on his Honda.
    It was only the centres that were carbon. I love my wolverine style leg. And you meet the nicest people on a honda at aldi.
    I would ride it up to see you, but you aren't nice.
    more titanium than my bike

Blog Entries
    bwahahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123