Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Yella's ZX7 project

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    Sounds like your on the right track ...well done

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Ballistic clutch ordered lets see if that helps.
    Message sent to TK to see if he still has the window clutch cover he was looking to sell about a year ago (long shot) things are happening
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Could the boost be opening the choke circuit. Might pay to wire it shut just to be sure

I don't think it can will read up on it now.
    I have ordered a check valve for the oil feed line as I am flooding the turbo with the bike off and end up with oil in the intake and smoke for the first 5 mins of running. Will strip the intake and clean it during the week. I have put a push button over ride on the scavenger pump so when I shut the bike down I can run the pump for a short time after to help clear any excess oil.
    What AF are people running at at mine is
    Idle 14.5
    idle to 1/4 12.9ish
    1/4 to 1/2 11.8ish
    1/2 to WOT 10 and holds from 3000 rpm all the way to rev limiter

Down to 122/125 main jets not sure if I should keep going down.
    It has a little stumble as the boost comes on but only small. Over all pretty happy at the moment but need to get the rego sorted this week so I can go on a couple of extended test runs.
    Also thinking of getting some K series plugs( same plug just twin electrode)has anyone had any positive or negative feed back when doing this?
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011

Forgot took the kids to the markets and found the sticker guy so got a couple of small stickers made.

I know, i know who care's sticker's so what but I Gitzy loves pic's in threads so I am happy to help

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Excellent work mate. It must be really satisfying to see the fruits of your labor finally paying off. Well done can't wait to see it!

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    What AF are people running at at mine is
    Idle 14.5
    idle to 1/4 12.9ish
    1/4 to 1/2 11.8ish
    1/2 to WOT 10 and holds from 3000 rpm all the way to rev limiter

This all looks pretty good to me, the only thing i'd try and change is the WOT. If you can lean that off to the mid to high 11's it'd be better.

Whats the AFR like cruising at 60K, 80K and 100K?

Was looking to pull it back to low 11 area at WOT. Just getting smaller than I expected on the main jets. What is the chance that the AF gauge isnt reading correct under full load. It should read correct all the time yes?
    Found this in the manual VVVVV
    On TURBO CHARGED vehicles:
    Install the bung downstream from the turbo but before the catalytic converter. The
    high exhaust pressure before the turbo interferes with the lambda measurement and
    the high exhaust temperatures encountered there can damage the sensor.

Mine is fitted just after the turbo could this be a problem???
    Was thinking of doing a dyno run to double check
    Not sure on the cruising stuff yet hope to get a good long run this weekend to check the cruise AFR.

quote:Originally posted by yella

What is the chance that the AF gauge isnt reading correct under full load. It should read correct all the time yes?
    Found this in the manual VVVVV
    On TURBO CHARGED vehicles:
    Install the bung downstream from the turbo but before the catalytic converter. The
    high exhaust pressure before the turbo interferes with the lambda measurement and
    the high exhaust temperatures encountered there can damage the sensor.

Mine is fitted just after the turbo could this be a problem???
    Was thinking of doing a dyno run to double check
    In staying that it seems to be working OK. Under light throttle it moves up and down with throttle movement etc it drops to 9.7 as boost comes on then settles on 10ish and as soon as I roll off it gets out to 14.7ish like I said all seems good [u]just thinking out loud</u>

Should be right. Mine is mounted in same spot and is quite accurate

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    It sounds like your on a winner.
    When you checker your afr at 1/4,1/2 etc, was that while riding or free rev?
    You need to load the motor to know whats going on, free reving doesn't tell you anything.

I would get onto a dyno if you can just to make sure it's ok. If the dyno doesn't have a AFR meter don't use it.

I did cruising checks and they are 13.6:1 at 60kph(0.1psi), 13.7:1 at 70 (0.2psi) and 14.0:1 at 80kph (0.5psi) I can't find the 90kph and 100kph so i can't tell you, I hope they were good.

At WOT (4th gear) mine goes from 10.8:1(60kph and 0.7psi) to 11.7:1 (90kph 2.5psi)to 12.3:1(204kph 7.1psi).

Sweet thanks,
    Did test checks riding but limited for space should be able to expand the test area this weekend and get some real testing done

quote:Originally posted by mattymagoo22

Excellent work mate. It must be really satisfying to see the fruits of your labor finally paying off. Well done can't wait to see it!
    Sweet thanks, i am happy to see it back on the road after a life time in the shed
    Still needs a good tidy up and finish the paint off and one day I will replace the cheap ebay crap with some good quality stuff or maybe not maybe I will ride it and find a new project to be a tight arse with anyway still has a ways to go

Just out of interest.............................. well maybe just my interest.
    My ZX7 has around 70 psi oil pressure and the oil feed to the turbo is restricted to 1mm. So with the bike running I get 200ml of oil in 20sec at the turbo feed line so what you say, well nothing but when I need to find that info later its now in the thread so I know

Is it a ball bearing turbo? If it is plain bearing I would expect to get more oil out than that

Plain bearing. I was talking to the local turbo shop the fella said as long as I had above 1/2 litre minute I should be ok better if I can get closer to 1 litre. My return pump can do 1.8lpm so was going to try a bigger restrictor tomorrow to get closer to the 1.5lpm mark without fucking everything up to much after I fit the check valve

Alrighty then bigger restrictor and getting 1.2LPM will see how that goes tomorrow

After much fucking around
    The one and only test this weekend ( I am fast running out of time) rejetted and new clutch.
    Looks to be at about 11.4 at WOT in 3 gear with headlight pointing north but will need to confirm with somemore runs during the week. The new clutch is sweet and with my foresight I fitted shorty levers so I will have a massive forearm in no time

Almost forgot the stumble as boost come on seems to have gone

Its ready for NFR not finished but ready for NFR

Still need the final test, clean and the little yellow plate on the back but good things come to those who wait and Im sick of waiting

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast