Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yella's ZX7 project

Yella's ZX7 project

I got back from Dubbo with the shits cause I didn't have my bike going and decided I better get to it if I ever want to see it on the road , So I picked up some of the bits I wanted and could afford at this stage and started[8D].I know it's a long way from finish as I put the first spanner on it tonight but I figured I would start a thread to show the progress as slow as it will be. On this the 1st stage the mods will be
    shorten an 03 R1 ducktail and fit with integrated indicators in the taillight
    shorten the sub frame and raise the angle of the tail slightly
    520 chain and sprocket -1 +2
    strip off and sell the unwanted/needed bits and clean up
    new dash unit
    clean up wiring and fit headlight unit and front indicators
    find/make exhaust and can (not sure on style yet will work that out as I find bits I like)
    mod or get new front guard
    Full service and general clean up
    get it dyno'd
    braided lines and new brake pads
    general bling bits
    paint and rego
    so not much really but enough to keep me busy and with $$$$ In short supply it may take a while for some of it to come together.

It was all fairly straight forward tonight me and my offsider found that my bike had gone out with Fimp's and has rocker cover leak and the starter solenoid is playing up nothing huge and had a mock fit up of some bits happy with it so far
    will get some better quality pic's later for now these are off my phone

The start

mock fit up just to see how it will sort of look

stage 2 once it is all running and rego'd I am going to have a go and some extra power.zx9 motor and a turbo maybe will see how it pans out. I have plenty of time to research and hopfully get it right

'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Slow progress but its getting there

Still need to glass and clean it up but thats about what I was looking for with the tail [8D]
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    yella did u cut and any of the wiring in there or have you just repositioned it around the battery etc? pics pls

Weekend Warrior
    Keen to see the progress on that mate, should look good.

Blog Entries
    Keep it coming mate...........

I know I know I am making slow progress but here is something

All the wires and boxes are in the process or have been moved around the battery and I am making up a new harness for everything forward of that

And some new Bling yellow braided lines and new pads should help stop me once it goes again
    Will grab some pic's once I have finished the duck tail not much longer

The tail is almost done now[8D][8D]

mate - that tail piece is coming up great. has it taken you long? it took me ages to get mine right but i'm fucking useless

what sort of lights you going to run in the back?

Thanks Didn't take long only seemed like a couple of hours but maybe it was longer I seem to lose track of time when I get working in the garage.I am going to run a 03 R1 intergrated brake/indicator LED I picked up off ebay

M8 love the shorty can......LOL

can't seem to find time of late but I will get it done

Finally feel like it is moving forward not that you can really tell by the pic's but It is getting closer to paint I have to finish off the wiring now when I get time so I can test new dash and remote starter

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Man, thats looking wicked.

That's coming out nice.

I know you figured I got tired and couldn't be bother finishing but but you are wrong kids, work, life seem to keep getting in the way but still moving forward

Finished the test fit up and bike got striped down and cleaned still have to sort the exhaust and a belly but needed to get some thing down so finally got some paint on the frame and started polishing the rest.
    Also got some black on the wheels to get away from the gay purple.

And I think I have named the bike Outkast. As it seems since starting this bike I have become the social outcast amonst the people who I use to ride. When asked what I am riding and I explain they ask why and then look at me like a weirdo when I say why not

Love the stumpy seat/tail unit you made up.. gunna be a tough looking bike when it's finished..

^^ agreed. Short rears look cool.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    I can't wait to check out next years update

Update 2010
    as always progress is slow but progress is progress
    finally got it up to a point that I could take it out of the garage [] and even managed to slip the helmet on and go for shake down test to see what falls off before I put the color on the bike. A couple of little changes need to the duck tail mounts but all is good[8D] Dash works great. I mounted the speedo pick up on the rear brake slide and the magnet on the disc

Still some details I need to make up i.e headlight bracket, mirror mounts exhaust hanger bracket and I will try to make up a new front guard but that can wait for the moment as I want to get rego and head out for a good ride

Got a IXIL can, looks the part sounds great and come with extra baffles to quieten it down if you are into that, Me I set it up with out the extra baffles

Over all I happy with the bike now even if it has taken way long to get to this stage[V][V]

That Tail looks great!

Good work

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast