Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: hooligans vfr 800

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Holy shit Chris you dont do things by halves,the wiring should be straight forward(just ask rocket or billywizz) but make notes of the dash to harness connections for later, but i love the work so far..

ASF Premium Full Member
    quote:Originally posted by hyofighter

nice work , that vfr wiring is miles long hey , i chopped heaps out of mine but it wasnt to hard to decipher , dont ya reackon the v4 sound is addictive
    I've got a vfr wiring diagram, so I should be ok. After re-routing the wires, i probably won't have to shorten it too much. Instead of one bundle heading up the left side of the bike and then two branches across the front of the bike for the relays and coils, I have pulled it back through the frame to the back of the tank, and will run it across and over to the right side, with relays etc being squeezed in under the seat, and then extending the wiring for the switch gear back to the back of the tank. The wiring that came with the acewell reaches the tank already.

It has a scorpion can for a gladius on it, which sounds great, even better than my old speed triple with a shorty M4. The sound of your vfr is the reason I wanted to do a vfr as my next fighter.
    more titanium than my bike

ASF Premium Full Member
    quote:Originally posted by rock hard

Holy shit Chris you dont do things by halves,the wiring should be straight forward(just ask rocket or billywizz) but make notes of the dash to harness connections for later, but i love the work so far..
    I tagged everything as I unplugged it, and grinned stupidly as I made the first cut.

i agree with gix mate love the tail looks like it was ment to be !!!

quote:Originally posted by hooligan

quote:Originally posted by hyofighter

nice work , that vfr wiring is miles long hey , i chopped heaps out of mine but it wasnt to hard to decipher , dont ya reackon the v4 sound is addictive
    It has a scorpion can for a gladius on it, which sounds great, even better than my old speed triple with a shorty M4. The sound of your vfr is the reason I wanted to do a vfr as my next fighter.
    its also the reason why next doors hate me haha shorty pipe flame belching friendly

Nice work mate, wire's suck arss but once its done its done!
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

ASF Premium Full Member
    I haven't got any new pics for you all, but a quick update.
    I got a flat on my motard, so was using the vfr to commute on. I parked in the city, crossed the road to speak to one of my tradies, while I was talking to him he pointed over my shoulder, and some fucker had reversed into the vfr; knocking it over. So after finding lots of minor but expensive damage, i have a cheque coming to me from his insurance company.
    I've already put on some MX bars, and bought a 1098 rear spindle off ebay to help attach the 1098s rear wheel to the vfr. After Ben does some hard work, of course.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    I dont know how some people get there fucking licence

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

that sucks man... kinda...

At least you were fortunate enough to see it though so they couldn't just drive off!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Mate, that seat unit looks great, heaps of attitude and nice to see the pillion pad in line with the top of the tank.
    Always think this helps balance a bike out, great work, keep it up.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Cool looking build.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

ASF Premium Full Member
    Back at ya for your bandit, OS.
    I'm happy with the way it's coming together, and the amount of attitude you can get out of an old man's touring bike. After the rear wheel goes on, i'll be figuring out front mount rads. Because there is no room fora traditional front mount ( the wheel takes up all the space under compression) i'm thinking dirt bike side by side rads. Anyone know where I can find a list of dimensions for various dirtbike radiators?

GO down to your local bike shop with a tape measure or head to the wreckers and have a look mate

ASF Premium Full Member
    Fuck that, i don't want to do anything. You're off work, can you do it for me?

Lol what's the rough size you are after and I'll have a look for ya

ASF Premium Full Member
    Fuck, i was just kidding big fella, but I'll take the help. Around 100 wide and probably up to 350 high including tanks.
    Basically tall and thin, like me.

Weekend Warrior
    long and thin goes right in!! And on a different note i got an insurance payout for exactly the same thing years ago. it funded the first tubo setup.

Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    Fuck, i was just kidding big fella, but I'll take the help. Around 100 wide and probably up to 350 high including tanks.
    Basically tall and thin, like me.
    its ok mate I don't have anything else to do so I'll Suss some shit out and be in touch

ASF Premium Full Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 handlebars.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 driven grips.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 rear quarter.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 side view.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 front and side.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 new discs.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 new key.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-2-12 pilot power pure.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	928

So after i was reversed into, i used the money to buy as few bits and pieces. New mcas handlebars, I put on the driven grips that i bought a while ago, and I rerouted the throttle cable to suit. Unfortunately, even after doing that, the throttle cables still weren't quite long enough, at full lock they were binding, so i had longer ones made. I also got some venhill braided lines (front and rear), as the ones I got with watto's front end weren't quite right after the new higher bars.

When it got knocked over, the headlight stopped working, I couldn't get it going again, so i dropped it off at SMW for them to sort it out, they relocated the key for me into the tail unit. The spot where i had put it near the black infill betweenn the seat and tank was way too hot, even the key was getting warm to the touch.
    The rear panels are new (for me) black ones. when it got knocked over, i noticed that one of the tabs had been broken off, hard to repair something that was now missing. SMW repaced them both for the princely sum of $65 with a matching black pair. Only a tri colour now.
    I also replaced the ex creations rotors because the spring washers kept falling out of the right disc, it hapenned at NFR, causing a big shake under brakes, so i had ben put new spring washers in, and then they came out again, and the shake came back. Only on one disc though. i'd love to use them, but not if they don't hold together anymore. i went with Metal gear standard rotors, I think the wave rotors from the ex creations discs might have been catching on the pad per piston calipers i am using, shaking the washers loose.

I also changed the vfr rad fan blade to a vtr1000 one to help cooling. I don't think there's a cheap way to relocate teh radiators, so i'm thinking about using some dirt bike rad shouds (yamaha yz 250f, 2010 -2011) to help tie the side mount rads in, to make it look like they belong. i think they look good from the front, but from teh side they need some bodywork to make them work visually.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Oh, and I bought a 1098 spindle off ebay, and the rear wheel and spindle are at ex creations to get sorted out.Ben just happened to have a vfr 800 arm upstairs, so when he gets a chance, he'll figure out how to get the single nut ducati wheel onto the 4 stud honda arm. No rush on that though, I'm doing the california superbike school with my brother next wednesday (which is why i needed a new rear tyre), so the rear wheel can go on after that.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast