Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KH125 A1 1977

Nutting out the seat pan and will be doing it from sheet metal.
    Wiring almost worked out after sorting through a pile of old wiring from old Kawasaki 2 strokes. Will be modded with only a hidden main switch instead of ignition barrel.
    Have done some googling but cant find the answer...how important are idiot lights in terms of ADR's and RWC? I can understand the high beam light and turn signal light but is the neutral light necessary?
    Have found a LH switch block on ebay that is suitable for purpose http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEFT-HAND...item3f0d01ed94 . It has the high beam indicator on top and that just leaves me with a trun signal lamp to put somewhere.
    Also done some googling towards a cable operated brake lever with a brake light switch but cant find one. If anybody with access to MCS catalogues or similar could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    Aust post still hasnt delivered on head stem bearings.

Fired it up yesterday and damn it makes that beautiful 70's 2 stroke sound. Not that crisp crack sound of expansion chambers but that burbling sound that only came from the era. Oh and the smell.....only an enginehead could appreciate.

Probably been posted before in other threads but this is a great vid on fibreglass seat pans.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ4RMWz0ISc[/youtube]

Just finished welding up the seat pan.....Stick welders and 0.8 sheet metal are not ideal partners but it has turned out pretty good. Bog and sand it up ready for paint tomorrow arvo.

Still waiting on head stem bearings. Ordered from Pyramid on fleabay and they were marked as posted on Wed last. Aus post isnt that slow.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    Mate I have waited for 8 days for stuff from WA before ...yet I can get stuff from china in 5

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Head stem bearings arrived on Friday.
    Pyramid parts.....Get what you pay for and thats the second time I have gotten an inferior product.
    The bearings fit...the seals provided dont. So a 20min job turned into an hour and half of fucking about trying to get the bearing dust seals to fit before I tossed them to the dog to chew on.
    Seat pan needs some spray putty and then some paint.
    The tank is done and now with added GT stripe goodness.
    Paitiently awaiting parts to arrive in the mail and into the local store.
    Pod filter
    Chain and sprockets
    Fuel Tap - NOS $20..why bother fucking around with leaky old ones
    Bar end mirrors
    Front calliper and gear lever - coming from the UK via Rod

Once all that arrives I'll be cutting laps around the neighbourhood and starting to sort the wiring which should be interesting.

New Headlight, front indicators, send the seat to Kev for upholstery and I think thats about it before heading for RWC.
    Will be ready before Christmas.....Lost track a bit but it should owe about $1700 by the time it hits the road at a guess.

Blog Entries
    Hey Aido, only just saw this post mate. If you can get me a clean image of that logo I can get the decals made up. It would have to be clean though or else it won't work. Best woulkd be if you can find a black on white background version of it on the net somewhere. I checked and can only find the standard Kawasaki logo: http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/logo/kawasaki

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Moto View Post
    A shit load of grief...Truth.
    Cant bear to part with it and the missus said "you should finish it" Given that she is always right its back up on the bench and aiming for a lightweight cafe smoker in the same style of my KH100 buckets.
    Should look something like this with lights and shit. But better.

I give up on the faithful restoration and would rather create an object d art. Its close to having everything required, just going to take time. Hopefully not another 8 years LOL.
    Hello sir, do you still have those bike?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12