Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "It's me or the bike" - she says. Selling my baby.

Weekend Warrior

"It's me or the bike" - she says. Selling my baby.

Some of you may have noticed I've not been on the forums much of late.

It's because I've been taking a break from my build. I had every intention when I bought the $2.5 non runner to make it my own Bladerod type fighter, but in the end and after some fuss the missus has got me going back to being a cager again.

There's so much more to this than a black and white -"it's me or the bike" but I look at it this way - even though there'splenty of fish in the sea, this fish stuck with me when I thought no fish would

Anyways you'll find the Beast in the for sale section.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...TOPIC_ID=23016

Please have a look. I'd like a good home for it.

Cheers
    Skinner

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Good luck with the sale mate.

Hopefully you'll be able to get back on a bike in the future!

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks mate. I'm hoping she comes around some day too but right now it's not worth the drama at home. But hey life's all about decisions.

never agreed with the ultimatum myself, sell the bike for your own reasons, no one elses, weather thats inline with her's is your call.

cheers.joe.

^agreed, my missus tried it once & soon realised it wasnt gonna work.
    Hope everythin turns out ok 4 ya mate...

I completely expected to click that link and see a "For Sale" ad for your wife. :P

ASF Premium Full Member
    I had that ultimatum when I spent 3 weeks hospital after I broke my leg in 09.
    I've never had a car licence, so not have a bike means walking. I said i would always ride.If it came down to it I might stop riding (we do have a kid, after all, and it was 5 weeks before we got married), and told Mish that I wouldn't be the same person if I didn't ride.

I was married on crutches (and possibly high on painkillers), back on a bike two months after the crash, and now back to two bikes. This makes it seem like it was an easy conversation. It wasn't, it was one of the shittiest conversations either of us ever had, but how can you force someone you love to give up something they love doing? That is one of the many reasons Mish is awesome, that although it scares her, she is ok with me riding, because I love it.

She is making me learn to drive, however.

She's not making you sell the bike, you are deciding to, and as a special bonus offer, instead of steak knives, you're giving her your testicles.

I wonder if, somwhere on the net, there a girl posting "my boyfriend will leave unless I sell my 14 cats"

consider the can of worms opened.

[]
    more titanium than my bike

quote:Originally posted by hooligan

it was one of the shittiest conversations either of us ever had, but how can you force someone you love to give up something they love doing? That is one of the many reasons Mish is awesome, that although it scares her, she is ok with me riding, because I love it.
    Same conclusion we came to! Apparently I can be difficult to live with when im bikeless too LOL

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

sell the bike for your own reasons, no one elses, weather thats inline with her's is your call.
    Yeah it's been going on for a while and that's the best explanation for it - I've decided that my own reasons are inline with hers.

I'm young but I'm smart enough to know when I've come across a good thing. So this is where I ended up. So yeah...life is unpredictable like that. I did have two good unhassled years in the saddle though

RevHead
    yeah life is hard as, the women that loves you does worry the most about you ,,,shame; keep in touch as in the future when you find yourself riding again,youl need budds t ride with ,cheers

IM sorry man, but Ive told X's to piss off after wanting me to give up bikes. No chick will make me ever give them up. Fuck not even my own mother has stopped me, and she has tried on a number of times.
    But good luck with the sale and finding your balls again in years to come lol
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by sen

I completely expected to click that link and see a "For Sale" ad for your wife. :P
    I was the same sen

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    F*rk! I though I was getting a bum deal,
    Mrs said if I bought a 5th bike before we
    move house I'd have to pay for it on my own.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

F*rk! I though I was getting a bum deal,
    Mrs said if I bought a 5th bike before we
    move house I'd have to pay for it on my own.
    hahaha! Nah I defs got the bum deal compared to that! Everytime I've bought a bike stop talking to my mum for about 4 months haha

Lol and she's not my wife, but she might as well be. Maybe it's the lack of security that's got me so pliable haha

fuck her off

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    I've got a mate who's not aloud to watch NRL on Friday Nights because his wife makes him watch "Better House and Gardens on channel seven. I'll send you his phone number, you two can swap bitch stories.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by rod185651

I've got a mate who's not aloud to watch NRL on Friday Nights because his wife makes him watch "Better House and Gardens on channel seven. I'll send you his phone number, you two can swap bitch stories.
    BWAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHA
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    Ok my wife was just looking over my shoulder reading this after I told her to piss off she told me to tell you that if your missus doesn't like you for who you are then she inst the right one for you ...

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by rod185651

If i was your mate i would buy a second TV and put it in the garage. Then he could watch the footy in the lounge room in peace.

Fuck that ultimatums are the thing of insecure people, enjoy being the doormat for the rest of this relationship.
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    just fuck her off and replace her with a new one.

I hear that various Asian countries offers good package deals, 4 weeks accom in a highrise penthouse and the bride of your choice gst inclusive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast