Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfie's Deliverance project bike now parting out

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    Heres my apprentice fighter builder with the bike

the pic makes the bike look longer than it actually is any comments chaps.
    Remember i am building a fighter with 70's 80's meets 90's and crashes into the millenium

I have found with the srad arm the pivot spindle is fatter than the slingshot one.
    What would be the best way round it .I was thinking of putting a sleeve in the srad arm or perhaps boring out the pivot holes in the slingshot frame ?

oh yeah and he sub frame rails will be dealt with the back part is already off. I am going to cut shap and then bolt it together to make sure I get it right before getting it welded.

The engine is up on the bench just waiting for my new clutch hub holding tool to arrive.
    I can get on with the gearbox then and while I am at it I am going to put a new cam chain and ape cam chain tensioner. If anyone has a ape tensioner for the gixxer engines they no longer require I would be very interested in aquiring it from you

ASF Premium Full Member
    Whats with the WHITE Gloves? riding gloves to match the wheels?
    And that poles going to be a problem, the stand needs to be a bit shorter dont you think?

just joking mate
    Phill
    Still no idea where the bits got put but i sure i'll lose more, im moving

Sump on it's way off

and found some crunched up bits of thrust washer and half of it which was found in the oil pick up strainer.Explains the gearbox problem thats if it is from the gearbox?

forks before

and forks after

fugured out the swingarm pivolt spindle the answer I think is to use the srad spindle and cut it so it is flush with the sides of the srad arm and bore out the srad spindle so the slingshot spindle will slide through the srad one now being used as a sleeve. all the measurment work out.
    The wheel spindle will have some sleeves made up for the spindle slots as the srad slots are fatter than the slingshot spindle

Bloke with a smaller stick
    best off getting new bushes made mate

when putting one bush inside another you can run the problem of the centre spacer not seperating both the bushes properly.

i have supplied bushes in a hardned and ground bearing material in deminsions nominaited, mosly for dirt bikes as they wear out quicker and cost a small fortune genuine.

if I run into any probs deano I will give ya a shout mate.

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Sump on it's way off

Glad to see you got some of those midget slaves working for you alf

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    hmm, all those bits in the sump don't look so good [:0]

at least you will get it all sorted, like the look of the chassis so far, reckon those SRAD arms are cool

get that kid into some sunshine and out of the garage[]! he's been stuck in england long enough, he needs to see the australian sun! (it's GREAT for vitamin D[^])

Fuck me that little Pom is almost whiter than the wheels.

I'd hate to see how fucken pale an old bastard like you is Alfie.

The bandit gearbox i brought with me from the uk is now fitted along with a new camchain and APE manual tensioner.

A word of advice the bandit 12 layshaft is 4mm shorter than the ones fitted to the gixxer1127. I had to swap all the gears from the bandit layshaft to the gixxer one[8D].

The seat has arrived so i can set to work on the chassis soon[]

Chalk you have such a way with words. How ya doing ya fat twat you ain't been around for a while you been givin it to them pollies up the shitter

Back to the shed I have a fighter to build

Yer a fuggen poet ain't ya mate.

My last contract was a serious pain in the ass. Took up all me time. But I'm a bum again for the moment, so I thought I'd better come wake you tits up.

G'day Stu

comin along alright mate

When u fitted the srad swingarm, r u still able to use the original gixxer shock/rocker with the srad arm

Reason for the question, is I have a bare srad swingarm with no rocker/shock and wondering if possible to combine the two - that is use the old rocker/shock from original slingy swingarm onto the srad arm

If no good I'll need to be sourcing a rocker and shock to suit

Cheers Watto

I am in the shed tonight so I will check to make sure but i think you can use the slingshot suspension rocker arm. I'll let you know for sure later today.

Right then been in the garage and tried all combinations srad suspension linkages then slingshot linkages and a mix of both and I am sorry to say none will fit without some modifications. Ah the joys of fighter building.

Just goes to show no matter how much measuring you do and things look like they will fit along comes reality and kicks ya in the nutz.

I look upon this as a chalange to be conquered and the results will be published on here as soon as a fix is found.

good to here its all coming along mate hiccups and all!! i will try and catch up with you soon.

the problem is the space for the shock to pass through on the srad arm is much smaller than on a slingshot arm.
    To make this fit is going to involve new suspension rocker arm made and dog bones plus a shorter shock or weld in a new top shock mount into the frame.

My other easier option is to brace and shorten the slingshot arm so I can keep the look I am after, which is what I am going to do and save a shitload of time fucking about with the suspension

similar to what i was thinking with the ZX swinger mate just get the original one braced

I am now just waiting for some info from one of the guys on the oss site who has done the srad arm to slingshot change.
    It looks like the original plan is back on for now

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast