Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfie's Deliverance project bike now parting out

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Portsmouth costa del south coast, England

Alfie's Deliverance project bike now parting out

I will start off with showing the bike now named deliverance and the collection of parts I have ready to use on it.
    It has a 1216cc kit, 12.5 pistons, WEBB cams, APE springs, retainers and cam wheels, kibblewhite valves, flowed head, 38 mikunis, full Dynatek adjustable CDI and ignition, Ohlins front and rear and heavy duty clutch.

The bike

The dash with out the trumpy bit

Bikini twin headlamp fairing

Dog bones

Renthals

Six pots

Tank decals

Swingarm

Tail

I thought I had a new gearbox but it turned out to be for the 750 so I sold that off and will hopefully have a bandit1200 gearbox soon
    Parts taken off the bike will be up for sale.

bandit 1200 gearbox cost me £30 or au$73 a bargain

And one of these on the way

And now these

Thats it for now

<s></s>

Weekend Warrior
    Allright Alf, is that a srad arm, I think I see that on ebay no? Not sure about your seat! I like the but though. When r you due in oz?

Oooh one of my favorite parts of a build is the start... The anticipation, the plans, the dreams, the ideas.
    My next favorite part is the finished it, turn the key and go for the first ride - big grin wheel, in the air doing 3 times the legal speed limit just cause the bike is so damn sweet.

I hate everything in between - its all fucken shit bollocks why wont this fucking fit shit ow my fucking knuckles grrr

Then again when something works during the build and works well thats pretty good too.

Cant wait to see where you end up with this puppy mate.

quote:Originally posted by cavey

Allright Alf, is that a srad arm, I think I see that on ebay no? Not sure about your seat! I like the but though. When r you due in oz?
    Ah yes that was my first thoughts about the seat, being used to seeing very slim wasp like backends and very nice they are too,
    This bike is going to be a 70's meets 90's retro but with modern day ideas so what that means is the backend is going to be kicked up a bit so the saddle is not going to be in the flat as a board position normally associated with this type of saddle.
    If it turns out how i see it in my mind it's gonna have that wow thats fuckin different factor in a sort of modern day mad max styley.

Yeah the arm is an srad item I got off of egay I have degreased it ready to be powder coated satin black.

I am due into Adelaide around the 20-04-07 give or take a few days

Blog Entries
    Now this I have to see. The whole saet thing is what got me as well as I remember how big my 650 seat was. The shear depth will make it a nightmare to match up with the tank, but you sound as though you have it under control Stu. Very interested to see it happen.

Weekend Warrior
    Alfie the Z 3/4 seats and Z butt are the bollox m8 [8D] I can see exactlly what and where your coming from dude, ive got a vision of DODGE'S GS and also 7/11 back in the day with a CG125 seat unit jacked way up.......top bombing

Weekend Warrior
    Alf, will that arm slot straight in? very short, like! Still not sure about the seat, I'll look forward to seeing your vision!

quote:Originally posted by cavey

Alf, will that arm slot straight in? very short, like! Still not sure about the seat, I'll look forward to seeing your vision!
    The arm will slot straight in, both the srad and slingshots are 225mm wide at the pivot point.
    It's 60mm shorter than an 1100 slingshot so that should make it about 20mm shorter than the 750 slingshot arm which will make things very interesting indeed and will add to the look I am after.

gotta love a plan and the fact that any reasonable suzuki is super with the aid of kwaka parts!!!!(calipers if im right?)

quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

gotta love a plan and the fact that any reasonable suzuki is super with the aid of kwaka parts!!!!(calipers if im right?)
    mixing the two best makes of bike on the planet.
    The calipers are/were used by Suzuki and Kawasaki on some of their production bikes and both manufactures share technical data with each other or they used to dont know if they still do.

i knew they did with dirt bike stuff a couple of years ago when it all went 4 stroke again. but dunno if it still goes on.

Weekend Warrior
    I think mes gunna be watching for a srad arm now, thats gunna look cool tor not much wonga. Cheers alf.

Well I'm impressed already Stu. She couldn't be going to a better home. The beauty of Streetfighters is making them original or unique and you will certainly be doing that. I never had the balls to strip her down and fighter it. I guess I already had the ZX6/12 as my fighter toy.
    Looking foward to catching up real soon.

11 days and I will be in Adelaide.
    It should be another two weeks max and I will have a rented house with a garage, get the bike from cutcat and then let the bike surgery begin.

Cant bloody wait I tell ya

it will be good to meet u when you get here mate and see the work start on your fighter. and also have another set of hands and ideas for my rebuild which will start in a month or so!!!

Weekend Warrior
    nice tail alf(I had my subframe cleaned up, pics soon!)
    That swingarm looks badass!

Hey Chris, we should all catch up at Alfies for a beer or 20 when I drop her off.
    I can just imagine the bullshit flowing after a few cold ones!

sounds good to me chaps

oh shit if i have too!!

cutcat is delivering the bike this Saturday 07-07-07 at around 12/1pm. anyone around the
    para hills (northern suburbs) area around that time and day are welcome to stop by for beer and a chinwag and more beer

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast