Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trailer ideas please

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    the gaurds are only just sitting on there havent made any mounts for them yet as i have just done a axle flip and put it in top of the spring lowering the tray height by about 100mm so making it easier for getting bikes on and off , then ill have about 100mm of travel in there before the bump stop so ill have the gaurds about the same off the tyres , so she's lowered and got bling wheels she'll be pimpin for sure , tray i can make about 2400 long but ill have it at 2100 so i can have a tool box up front it will mostly be flat floored other than the wheel guards coming up through , did think of making some drop in sides and tail gate so it can double as a box trailer

Weekend Warrior
    mags

Nice wheels Hyo. Good idea on the axle flip, lower the better for getting bikes on and off. I would suggest if you can afford it, change the tail lights to the new LED type. That way you will rarely get and problems with current draw and having to swap out globes all the time.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

yeah LED lights are on the cards for sure aswell as a new rear bar but no work on it for a few days now i fucked up today and cut open my wrist on a piece of metal and got some stitches , shit happens

emo :P

nice one hey , but everyone keeps telling me i should have gone down the street not cross haha

cheers for the ideas fellas and now the trailer is done other than painting but thats next weekend had to give her a test out so out with the missus quad and it seems good , all up she has only cost me $550 including the paint , pretty good i thought not the most fabulous bike trailer ever made but i wanted a flat floor so it could be use for anything

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    That's the go Scotty looks good mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

massive thread revival

so I finished this trailer in the end and it served well hauling bikes everywhere but it proved to short for the new dirt dragger with its swingarm extensions so I have sold it used the money to fund the finishing and regoing the yzf , so a new trailer is a must

so I bought this enclosed trailer frame for 200 bucks which I thought was a good buy I spose

first thing was lowering it as I suffer from porg (people of restricted growth) the last trailer was a pain some times loading with out a step of some sort luckily this trailer came with a drop axle that I was able to flip and axle over spring makes it super low

then it was onto starting the lid for it , I think ill do some cross bracing to it now too , added struts and left a good gap to get a good seal into it

next is storage in the front of it big enough to put my waeco on a fridge slide to come out the side and tools or other crap on the other side so I don't need to get inside the trailer to access them as well as a shelf on the inside of the trailer for stuff like camp chairs and the like , still gives me 2.4mtrs of internal length for bikes and moves the bike back to be more over the axle

so next is the drop down tailgate /ramp , so I asking now what other things have other people incorporated in to there trailers ??? in fitting a battery and having led lighting internally and external for night time , awning of some description , and was thinking of places to mount jerry cans front and rear so I can move weight around to get a good towball weight , open to suggestions

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    If you're going on overnighters you could fit a couple of fold down beds to the sides...maybe a TV

I'm planning to have hatches in the floor of mine to keep tools/gas bottle and stuff down low under the floor

My pet hate with trailers are seeing the spare tyre bolted on as an after thought, made a place for mine underneath so its out of sight. Flush mounted tie down points are an ace thing too. Any room for a bit of a workbench, even if its fold down? Id be chucking a bit of aircell insulation or something similar on the walls too, to stop condensation and radiant heat.

Blog Entries
    looking good

Large i did think of the fold down bed thing that could also be a bench too wasnt to fussed though as i have a good jet tent and stretch and swag . I like the idea of hiding the spare aswell only drama is this thing is pretty low but ill work some thing out . Recessed tie downs were on the list for this already just not there yet

Any room for drawers underneath ? I'm in the process of building a rack for a mates caravan to hold a tool box that could have been sorted with a set of drawers underneath.......

Shes a bit low for a draw underneith but maybe something on the inside of the draw bar maybe which im cutting off and making a longer heavier duty one but i do like your idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12