Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spondon

Weekend Warrior

Spondon

At the risk of getting an interesting bunch of comments and ribbings .. I was interested in what you guys on here think of Spondon frames .. My thoughts where .. when I finish this GSXF 1200 Sleeper.. Is saving $$$$ for a Spondon frame a worthwhile endeavour ??

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    Yeah get the fat tubular frame and not the abortion beam frame they made

Weekend Warrior
    well it will be a suzuki .. I was looking at the Busa one.. looks nice .. a lot of saving to do though because on top of the 3000-4000 plus VAT odd pounds they are .. then there is shipping,, but they seem to be damn nice street fighters 8)

your opening a can of worms here mate. LOL

search for a thread started by ozkat reguards spondons....should entertain you for a while.

rather build me own :P

cheers.joe.

If you do buy a spondon frame from rip off britain you wont get charged VAT as you are in Australia.
    If they try and say they have to charge you VAT tell e'm to get fucked as they themselves will not be getting charged vat for sales outside of europe and will infact be pocketing the money and getting pissed at your expense.
    In fact try and find a second hand one in Auss or better still find somewhere that can make you a spondon style frame and less hassle should there be any warranty issues. Isn't there a guy on here that does one off stuff ?

One of the members (QLD I think) mentioned a local engineer who does one off's. I asked if any others were interested in doing a group buy, which would reduce costs such as engineering reports, but there wasn't much, if any, response.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Not another Spondon thread!!!!

Its not a Spondon but...on the list for the bandit project maybe sooner than later! Chromo trelis i like

Who's that from Speedy?

shhhhhh my little secret - I new i shouldnt have mentioned it, but being the good fella i am:

http://www.bobmartinmotorcycles.com.au/index.htm

Ohhhh and the price - he said around $4.5 to 5.5k made to fit the bandit and is one of the best frame builders around. makes you think ey - but hes a bloody mexican so distance is a bit of a pain.

That include engineering cert's etc? and what sort of tank/bodywork are they for?

Apparently he can make the template fit about anything - havnt enquired much more about it - eng cert is not much of an issue and like i said still way cheaper than spondon even if ya need a custom tank.

True, much cheaper, and Bob Martin has a very good reputation. In fact I think I know someone who knows him personally, might have to catch up with him .
    Now what sort of motor to put into it?

Well if were thinking about a oily gsxr engine then maybe we can get a discount with two frames - im serious??

What sort of time frame are you looking at Speedy?

And anyone else interested?

Honestly I could start now but was thinking 'whenever' i get round to it - hopefully this year. Main problem was geeting original frame or bike to him??

I'd be looking at later in the year myself. Was wanting to pick up a Gixxer11 to build an extreme fighter this year. I could get a frame to Melbourne from here quite easily/cheaply, I'm taking my daughter down there for a holiday and we normally drive.

So yeah I'm a defnite starter in about 6 months.

Later this year would be pretty good for me - so lets start inquiring more about it with BME OK. Keep me in the loop.

Yeah, I'll chase up John. He hada fair bit to do with Bob Martin in the 80's if I remember correctly. He build a very tasty BR2 Macintosh.

Thats interesting. I could be interested in one of them seeing as I will be stripping a gixxer when I get to Auss.

Oh fuck another seed planted.

Your right speedde thos trellis frames are the mutz nutz

The last I heard Bob Martin was infact deceased although BME are still in business.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast