Thread: Oils aint oils

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Oils aint oils

Ladies

I have access to a few lts of high quality engine oil that im looking at using on my ride if suitable. My dilemma is, its heavy duty diesel oil (Caltex Delo 400) and I have been told that fricton modified diesel oils may effect the clutch plates eventually causing them to slip on bikes.

The oil is rated at SAE 15W/40 so is under the manufacturers specs, but just need a little advice about the

thankx

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Wouldnt use it mate glazed cluch not good .

SERVICE CONSIDERATIONS
    • "Low SAPS" engine oils tend to have lower Base Numbers than "conventional" heavy duty diesel engine oils. Used in conjunction with today's low, vey low or ultra low sulfur content fuels this is of no consequence. However In situations where very high sulfur (>0.5%) fuels are in use this may to some extent limit achievable drain intervals of the former in relation to the latter. Such fuels are now rare in the Asia Pacific Region.
    • While the level of phosphorus is low by heavy duty diesel engine oil standards, it is somewhat higher than permitted by certain recent standards for passenger car motor oils, e.g. ILSAC GF-5, and the ACEA "C" standards. Optimum life of catalytic emission control systems will be achieved by using oils of the performance standard recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
    • This product is not recommended for motorcycle engines

Last line is a bad omen.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    thanks Ads - thought that might have been the case. Oh well, lucky I did some research first eh?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    mate caltex delo400 is only good for heavy deisel and it aint good quality!!
    ^^^^^^^as redmohawk said^^^^^^^ most of our customers wont use delo400 in their trucks

An oil change using decent oil is always cheaper than the first hour's labour...

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    www.pmlubricants.com.au

been using it in my racebike.... fuggin awesome

cheers.joe.