Thread: To Buell or not to Buell

New to Streetfighters

To Buell or not to Buell

Laid a deposit on a 08 Buell 1125 R . What's your views on them?
    I get the impression they are a 146hp V2 170kg bike shoehorned into a 600 wheel base . Some rave about them , others can't get rid of them fast enough. Likened more to a Duke 1100 monster. Ultra sharp steeering

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Since you have just put down the deposit on one I guess we better say they are the bike to have

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    yeah, its really not much of a question when you have already decided on the answer.

Poor fueling, ugly, cant get any decent after market bits, ugly, no HD backup, ugly............great bike have fun. Be fun to fighter one though.

Honestly those who own them seem to like them, let us know what you think after a month or two

dont matter if the buell is shit or good if you like it then buy it

I'm pretty sure they actually still have full HD backup.

Weekend Warrior
    Full HD backup for 7 years (US law). Or most parts are available from Erik Buell Racing and are usually cheaper. Are you buying privately or from a dealer?

Looks are subjective. Fuelling is pretty good (my bike is better than my Wife's TLS), and if you feel like it the ECM has been cracked and you can go full custom tuning, or buy a "Race" ECM from, again, Erik Buell Racing.

There are a few aftermarket bits around. What do you want. Plenty of bigger cams, bigger injectors, big bore kits etc from EBR. Or if you are into bling, Pazzo has levers and there are US and Euro places making fairings and body panels. I have cut holes in mine, got the local dealer to remove the exhaust for me, taken bits off, added power connectors for phones and GPS, done oil changes on my own, and have had no problems with warranty things. I have also told them about issues I had with the bike, and said it is a recognised issue in the US, and had them fix it under warranty after doing some research themselves.

Once you have ridden it, if you "get" it, you won't care about what other people call it's down sides.

http://buellersdownunder.com/ Aussie forum with info, rides, mods etc.
    http://srwmoto.com.au/ Pete keeps spares and aftermarket bits for all Buells. Keeps stock in Melbourne and is basically the same price as American Sports Bike once shipping and fees are calculated. And he is a bloody great guy!
    http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1225435334 Based in the US. Has EBR people on there and basically every question has been answered at least twice.
    http://www.erikbuellracing.com/ From the people who made it.
    http://www.americansportbike.com/ US shop that has everything for Buells.

Do it! They are different from the Jappers, but in a good way. A guy I know sold his Yamakwakazukionda and bought the 900cc Firebolt. Really wasn't a fan of it. Very low revving and not a huge top end rush. Felt very slow to ride around town. Until he took it up the local mountain and his friend on a Yamakwakazukionda couldn't keep up. And the 1125r is better!

James

RevHead
    my cousin has a 2010 buel with a rotax,its cool as

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    To Buell or not to Buell that is a Harley.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

I want one...

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i'd go one
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Have that big thump thump of a large capacity twin , but thats about it. Go ok but no rocket stop ok and would have to with front brake of that size vibrate like a motherfucker on crack. More show than go me thinks.

i dunno red, if you look at the stats for it
    its like a TLR engine thats had about 10 grand of work done too it

would go fine for me
    these rotax buells are one of the few bikes i'd consider upgrading too
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Fimp horses for courses as are all things, compare it to a road/race bike its a slug (especally if you strip the fucker to drop the weight) but how often do you average 300km/h + and would you do it on a naked bike ?

As I said big thump thump (plus for me I think 9 outa 10) look hmmm Ok nice 6 outa 10 stop well 9 outa 10 handling no idea but from the geomotry I assume 9 out 10 Vibrate like a crack whore needing a score so bad her touch makes you come 0 outa 10 (sorry bad wrists to much pulling my dick) on the last score theres a local guy hangs with patch club I think, talked with him a few times Loves his but the vibes.

Question is a bit like asking which Hottie do I fuck tonight the one with the big tits and big ass or the one with little tits and small ass, truth is you want both as both have merit ! Real question is do you have the clams for both ? Taste is as indevidual as the beholder. Personally If I had the cash I'd have one of everything, But alass I'm not the recipiant of a rich benifactor.

If Sandsmacker has already put down his deposit he has made his choice already, and good on him if its what he wants. If he needs validation from others for his choice he will learn soon enough.

bummer about the vibes, if frasers in town had a test one (and i was allowed to test ride it without putting down cash) then i'd love to give one a go

have you ridden a TL? worse vibes than that?
    just gathering info for when i win lotto LOL
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

When I pulled up beside him the motor was fuzzy it was moving so much, but its rubber mounted so is to be expected right? lol He said around town and when going hard anywhere with bends was fine, but 40 k's down a straight bit of road and his hands were numb.

Was half the reason I went to the dark side (streetfighters) as I have back and wrist probs the wide upright positon on betty is great I can ride 8 hours ass is sore as but wrists are sill ok, ache but i can feel my hands still. Vibes kill my hands in 10ks if they were that bad. Never ridden a TL but HD sporty big bore was bad enough and it looks much worse .