Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gitzy's TL1000S

Blog Entries

Gitzy's TL1000S

Well after much pondering and patience I finally found a great TLS.. I thought hey gotta get Pete to paint the R1 (Soon Pete - Hopefully), orrr buy My favourite twin in the world, despite there widowmaker rep and the wacked out rear rotary dampner I love em..

So with the worlds most awesome Missus.. and despite having the R1 Fighter project still in progress (when aren't they) and the XR Motard taking up the other side of the shed.. Mrs Gitzy pushed me to buy a TL before we tie the knot and start procreating Little Gitzys.. So one not to argue I said sure sweetie I'll buy one lol..

So I picked her up today..

1997 Black TL1000S
    15800kms
    Log Book History
    Immaculate Condition
    Stock as a rock except for Magnum Carbon Pipes (Got Stock pipes to)
    Couldn't ask for more than that..

Not Sure If I'll fighter it [B)], I love the bulbous fairing heaps, always have.. maybe just a little bling here and there not sure, just give it some good rides at the moment.. I'll keep ya'll in the loop anyway..

If anyone has any info I haven't already thoroughly researched on these things feel free to inform me.. Didn't you use to have one Crazymofo??

Last edited by Gitzy; 10-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.

RevHead
    ohh ooohhh in the words of this guy i know ,this is a great platform for a fighter project ,,bahahahah,,sorry gitzy couldnt help myself ,,top stuff fella

i wish my missus was more like mrs gitzy, mine says i need to sell my toys not buy more!

Weekend Warrior
    Good one Gitzy you will love it. So the next question is when are the newy TLS owners going for a ride( you know who you are ) and let us 4cyl boys tag along Did you get her up north mate?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    nice buy gitzy , my mate chrimsey whos on here sometimes has a 97 model too , have had the pleasure of riding it a few times and they are a hoot thats for sure , brenton has owed it for years i know he has done the clutch a few times and put a million k's on the clock and hes never had a problem with it other than the big twin loves to eat rear tyres

Blog Entries
    Cheers Guys..

Quiet Pete don't temp me lol..

Mrs Gitzy rocks Sko..

Def Dan should be fun, gotta learn how to ride it first.. its soooo weird I've only ever had 4's

I'm happy as Scotty, I've read a whole lot bout the 97 models being a little problematic but I'm looking forward to many kms of fun..

Weekend Warrior
    Nice bike Gitzy. Always liked the look and sound of the TL so rode a demo one in 97/98. Great torquey motor and brakes but the steering was a bit strange. For some reason it was running about 2 metres wider through the corners than my ZX9.

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    The Fighter gods are watching you Todd, now do somthing silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    I love the TL.... as a fighter

fuck you todd

cunt

cheers.joe.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

I'm happy as Scotty, I've read a whole lot bout the 97 models being a little problematic but I'm looking forward to many kms of fun..
    my mate had a tl just like that one it was a 97 and after 40000klms she went boom due to an oil flow prob

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Blog Entries
    Lol Love you too Joe.. Soooo I think I'll need some Salter Engineering Rad guards me thinks..

As tempted as I am to fighter it lads I'm thinking something along the lines of Des's blingy TL.. nice and clean..

Hmmmm the rate I ride Rod if thats the case i got 25000kms before she goes pop which is about 10 years for me.. lol.. seriously though I hope that doesn't happen hey..

hey gitzy chrimseys one has done over 60k and he rides the bastard hard and its still held together , im not sure if its true or not but the early ones aparently were more agro than the rest , maybe the later ones were detuned to preserve them maybe

the 97 was the full power one, i had one and loved it. only problem i found was the glass gearbox.... i stripped 4th gear dogs doing a trackday.

i still regret getting rid of it. if i ever return back to road riding, im buying one.

late model front ends bolt in easy as pie, id seriously reccomend an ohlins rear shock and an after market steering damper. once the ohlins is on the rear, it'll be a brilliant bike. mine had one, and i still regard it as one of the best bikes ive ridden. so stable, so fast, yet did it so easy.

i want one, but i dont want to track it, and i dont want to road ride any more, so i get that gutted feeling everytime i look at one. it is by far my favorite roadbike of all.
    and im the same, dont streetfighter it, they look fucking awesome with the half faired imo.

they are not without their faults tho (theres quite a few) check under the seat cowl/pillion seat for silver stickers to show what recalls it had completed, it should have 3 (if it doesnt it doesnt mean the bike hasnt had it either) one recall was a ecu remap to dumb it down, fortunately mine never got that one lol, another recall was to retrofit the steering damper.

go to tlzone.net and be prepared to give up all your time and money to the tl gods, you'll be rewarded with the best road bike one could own.

oh and todd, your still a cunt [:P]

cheers.joe.

just found a coupla shot..

Good on ya Gitzy, cant have to many toys in the shed mate. . . Though i did have four at one stage and they where costing me a packet !
    either way tidy lookin scoot mate

Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
    could make a noice chopper Gitzy congrats mate!

ps how bout lil gitzy's need help?

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    GITZYYYYY!!! we have to talk my friend

love it
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Stop being a fuckin fairy and fighter the thing already!

Its not like you haven't got a fantastic Mrs that will let you spend a bomb on it and then buy parts as presents as well []

lmao kelly you tell the sook!!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast