Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YOUR STORY - A streetfighter tale in Rapid......

Blog Entries

YOUR STORY - A streetfighter tale in Rapid......

Ok boys and girls, here's a great idea from Jeff at Rapid Bikes. The "Fighting Words" column no longer has a writer so it needs filling, and what better way to fill a Streetfighter column than by real Streetfighter Builders? So here's the idea.....

Rapid Bikes Magazine is offering Streetfighters from Australia and NZ the opportunity to be guest author of the Fightin' Words column! Each issue, a new author will be chosen, so send your submission to inbox@rapidbikes.com.au and Jeff Ware will get back to you ASAP. Each submission needs to be a minimum of 800 words, maximum of 1000, and include three (3) hi res digital images of you and your bike(s). Any columns that are not published in the magazine will be published on the RB website and on streetfighters.com.au. Here's your chance to tell your story:

Why did you get into Streetfighters?

When?

What about your motorcycling background?

What did you learn from the build?

What was the biggest challenge?

Which bike inspired you?

Fave Streetfighters?

What bike would you fighter next?

What advice would you give new builders?

The scene Down Under?

Get writing all of you prospective columnists! Deadline for the first chosen column is just two weeks away!

I'm still not back on board properly yet so direct all questions and submissions to Jeff and hopefully we'll get that column populated with some great build stories and awesome photos of your pride and joy.

Get to it guys!

Blog Entries
    Annnnnd done... 1002 words.. I'll get Kelly to check it tomoz to correct my bad engrish.. and maybe cull 2 words [].. Anybody else up for this?? or am I the only one as excited as a teen seeing his first boob??

Gitzy, I would be mate but Ive really only started out. Sounds like people could really learn from those that have been in it for a while.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    nice one gitz! lets see these boobs your talking about LOL
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by LKC73

Gitzy, I would be mate but Ive really only started out.
    Yesss cos this thing has N00BIE written all over it Luke [].. All good start writing for something for the later months this year ..

Fimp I'll just go grab the camera and find that missus of mine ..

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    o.k,o.k, Turbo is taking too long to get here, i'll ask his question,
    How muck are they paying for the artical and how much per foto

quote:Originally posted by scotty

o.k,o.k, Turbo is taking too long to get here, i'll ask his question,
    How muck are they paying for the artical and how much per foto
    dont do it for the money, do it to see your bike in print!
    i would but i dont have a bike in any kind of condition for that

per photo??? fuck me gitzy would send them broke if they paid by the photo!!

Sweet! Thats pretty damn cools hey.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Will these guys ever print it though ? I've sent them pics and a write up in the past, they then said they would ring me but still no call. I've given up on Rapid Bikes.

Can someone please explain to me why people seem to think it's the ultimate achievement to get a picture of your bike in a magazine?
    It seems to me that if you need other people to approve of your bike in order to validate your work or make you feel good about yourself then you've got some serious insecurity/inadequacy issues going on.
    I can understand pro bike builders like Ben or Brad wanting to have their stuff featured because it's free advertising, showcases their skills/services & is directed straight at their target market which is good business practice but what is the appeal to Joe Bikebuilder ?
    The whole idea of people thinking they've 'made it' when they see their bike in a mag seems quite pathetic to me, what am I missing?

Bloke with a smaller stick
    So NOW they want our support..[]
    I'm with you Tk.....I build my bikes for me....if someone decides they want to feature it that's up to them....
    quote:Tk, what am I missing?
    An ego that needs massaging....
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

I dnt see what the big deal is... If someone wants to build a bike then show off the work they are so proud of who gives a fuck! In my opinion its far from insecurity/ego pandering, as much as I do what i do to my bikes for ME n no one else I wouldnt knock back an opportunity to show it off a little. No harm done I rekon!

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I have found that since my bike was in Rapid and Streetfighters magazines my life has totally changed for the better, I can barely walk down the street now without people recognising me, I became more handsome(if that was posibble), my penis grew two inches longer and I finally got my dream job.

Oh wait, none of that happened. It was pretty cool to see my bike in a mag though.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

This is what you are missing TK.

quote:Originally posted by Iceman

It was pretty cool to see my bike in a mag though.
    I would like to see my bike in a mag, nothing I build will appear until I'm at the point of "Hey check out what I did done make." Most of the things I've done to bikes have come from inspiration found within the pages of mags or on here.
    I couldn't give a toss if you like my bike or not, but if you look at it and say I like this bit and then make your own version that's cool to me.
    If you truely don't know what you are missing, then why did you post pictures of yours on here. Was it peer group pressure? or a desire to show what you think a streetfightered zx7 should look like?
    It's not about getting others approval, it's about having pride in what you have made. If you had a kid wouldn't you show people pictures of your pride and joy and not give a stuff what people really thought. You'd just want to show people what you are proud of.
    If thats not the case then I suggest you delete the pics of the awesomeness that is your ZX and hide it under a tarp so that way you will never inspire anyone to build there own bike.

Warning: Jim Beam may be typing this through my hands.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi Mozza - just to make it clear - I did get in touch with you, and I said I would be in touch to organise to shoot your bike. I said we had a number of bikes to shoot in Tasmania and that it will take some time. The usual is 6 months from contact to print. We have over 200 bikes on file to get through. You are not alone. You did not send me an article either. Hope that clears it up for a few people.
    Jeff.
    quote:Originally posted by mozza

Will these guys ever print it though ? I've sent them pics and a write up in the past, they then said they would ring me but still no call. I've given up on Rapid Bikes.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    OK everyone, it seems only a few are interested in this idea - which is interesting, considering so many slagged Stu when he was author and now I have opened up the opportunity for the SF community to reach RB readers through their own members you have turned this into a slamming match too. It is NOT about getting pictures or features on your bike it is a COLUMN. No, you will not be paid nor did Stu. We don't have that budget.

Thanks to those who have embraced the idea and got writing.

Jeff.

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Ok boys and girls, here's a great idea from Jeff at Rapid Bikes. The "Fighting Words" column no longer has a writer so it needs filling, and what better way to fill a Streetfighter column than by real Streetfighter Builders? So here's the idea.....

Rapid Bikes Magazine is offering Streetfighters from Australia and NZ the opportunity to be guest author of the Fightin' Words column! Each issue, a new author will be chosen, so send your submission to inbox@rapidbikes.com.au and Jeff Ware will get back to you ASAP. Each submission needs to be a minimum of 800 words, maximum of 1000, and include three (3) hi res digital images of you and your bike(s). Any columns that are not published in the magazine will be published on the RB website and on streetfighters.com.au. Here's your chance to tell your story:

Why did you get into Streetfighters?

When?

What about your motorcycling background?

What did you learn from the build?

What was the biggest challenge?

Which bike inspired you?

Fave Streetfighters?

What bike would you fighter next?

What advice would you give new builders?

The scene Down Under?

Get writing all of you prospective columnists! Deadline for the first chosen column is just two weeks away!

I'm still not back on board properly yet so direct all questions and submissions to Jeff and hopefully we'll get that column populated with some great build stories and awesome photos of your pride and joy.

Get to it guys!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    Hi Jeff/Rapid,

im totally interested, will knock something up later today
    i promise not to make over-done puns about swingers too LOL
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    Is this just an ozzy/kiwi thing or can pommies have a go as well ?

i think its a good deal were you can finaly put up or shut up !! jeff hats of to you for putting this forward personaly i dont buy rapid !streetmachine , streetfighters ,live to ride and ur new mag is all i buy .
    as far as i see write an article have ur say and thats it if you dont wont to well leave it and let those who doo well do !!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast