Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are streetfighters a dieing breed??

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Are streetfighters a dieing breed??

Hi guys, just wondering your thoughts of the above.

There doesn't seem top be a lot of streetfighter build activity on here, there is more resto mods, restos and café racers getting built.

It seems the same on a number of different forums around and was wondering what you guys are all thinking of it.

With all the factories building stout naked's now do you think the true heritage of the streetfighter build is going to be lost??

It seem's the write off laws are not helping either, so guys ??? your thoughts????

cheers damo

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Has been quiet here for local fresh builds of late

Yes indeed S/F projects do seem to be getting a bit this on the ground.Hopefully though in a few weeks time I'll have some updates and pics on my project, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by damo1 View Post
    It seem's the write off laws are not helping either, so guys ??? your thoughts????
    cheers damo
    I reckon this ^^^^^ has alot to do with it.
    Getting bikes rego'd,seems to be getting harder and harder,bikes have to be nearly standard now,so spending afew years putting a beast together....is near pointless now....unless you buy a rego'd bike...and keep paying rego while she's in bits in your garage.
    Coppers pulling people up for fender eliminators doesn't help either.....imagine the fines a streetfighter would get if the copper wanted to be a cunt??

Joining a bike club with club rego in Vic is a smart move, to help with mods on bikes. Coppers seem much more relaxed once it has a club plate on it. Things still need to be roadworthy , but you can get away with alot more thats not standard.

That's the route that seems to make most sense to me. 90 days is a lot of riding for a bike that isn't your daily transport. We all know people that have several bikes club rego'ed that gives them a lot more flexibility

So is the English language...
    I have never seen so many modified bikes as I have in recent months.
    They may not be fighters but they are far from stock. As stated, naked bikes are everywhere straight out of the factory but that was inevitable.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I think my turbo bike not being reliable has been the downfall of the whole Streetfighter scene across the world....

Sorry
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Weekend Warrior
    Well I'm new to the streetfighter world and Iv started a ground up build so there are ppl out there.... I think it's true that ppl just buy what's available straigh from the showroom... It's a lot to do with time and money I think

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I think my turbo bike not being reliable has been the downfall of the whole Streetfighter scene across the world....

Sorry
    So you should be
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Blog Entries

Sorry
    where is jacktar when you need him ;-)

Good point, where is Jacktar? Haven't heard from him in ages

Probably hazing Pollywogs.

Sorry
    8 years ago, me, Shano, Deano & Full Throttle Foxy sat you down in a motel room in Jindabyne & sternly advised you to STREETFIGHTER the RF instead of the GS...

Now look what you've done.

I'm about to start building a frame up fighter that's taken me 3 years to plan, so is burnsie.. I see no end to this.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
    8 years ago, me, Shano, Deano & Full Throttle Foxy sat you down in a motel room in Jindabyne & sternly advised you to STREETFIGHTER the RF instead of the GS...

Now look what you've done.
    The RF was on eBay on the weekend, I was nearly gunna buy the fucker back.....
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

It's still possible to build a fighter despite all the rules......just arm ya self with a copy of the adr's and build within the parameters.....my xjr is far from stock but doesn't attract attention from the cops..
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Hell No !!!
    I can't see people ever stop wanting to modify their bikes no matter how hard the government tries to deter it.
    If you look at what the manufacturers are doing in recent years there's a definite trend to them offering factory fighters with more aggressive styling rather than just a detuned naked bike, they don't just pull these ideas out of the air, they look at whats popular & what's the next big thing. So that means we need to constantly evolve the breed to keep giving them ideas, I think the main reason there's been a downturn in builds lately is purely financial, everyone seems to be doing it tough lately but this will change, on the up side having no money also seems to enhance peoples creativity & they tend to use what they've got laying around, I love this kind of ingenuity, it gives people inspiration (me included).
    Personally I'm looking forward to 2014 as I've got a couple of big builds planned, one of them is a new bike for me (finally) which I've been collecting parts for over the last few years.

like neon's n shit?

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Check the latest streetfighter from Kawahasaki.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast