Thread: $1000 Spent Already, more to go :)

Pizza delivery boy/girl

$1000 Spent Already, more to go :)

Hey guys, I've been busy buying bits for my bike this past week and am excited to get them to start making the bike look like a real fighter. Money spent so far is on riser and bars, headlights and brackets, bar end mirrors, shorty exhaust and digital tacho, few links below to the gear I have used. Need to get the tank paint and maybe buy an R6 rear and attempt that. Also wondering if I can use some high temp black paint and paint my engine??

Sorry about all the links

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

https://www.slipstreamperformance.co...ducts_id=11333

http://www.s3performance.com.au/acew...2qd60rib7gv880

http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/handle...m-fat-bar.html

Blog Entries
    Great start Josh.. Delkevic great choice I have a Shorty Tri Oval on the R1.. and you can't go wrong with the ACEWELL either, But oooh nasty on the twin dominators mate, they be $127 cheaper from BanditRob in the UK.. You can most definitely paint your engine with VHT High Temp engine enamel great product should be available from places like AutoBahn or Supercheap maybe.. been done many a time..

http://www.cjaccessories.co.uk/produ...cat=253&page=1

What bracketry are you using for the headlights mate??

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Damn, I should have looked around, saw them on Ebay Australia and just went for them. I'm learning that you have to look everywhere for fighter parts as prices vary greatly. Awesome, I'll call into Autobarn tomorrow and pick some paint up. I am using the standard brackets in black listed on the slipstream performance website. They were cheap, so if I don't like them I canchange, just got them to mount it initially and get a feel for it. Should I mount bars or headlight first??

Blog Entries
    Lol.. all part of the learning curve mate.. Remember VHT when you go to Autobarn.. If you don't like the brackets that you have check these out..

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...TOPIC_ID=19019

I would mount your bars first.. I would suggest taking your clamp off and using a drill press if you have access to one.. makes it easier and more accurate..

Weekend Warrior
    Good supply of parts there mate. Get into it!
    There's different temperature "Hi-temp" paints, keep that in mind if you're going to paint your headers as well, as I think the lower grade is all good for the engine, but you might need the higher temp one for the headers.
    As Gitzy said, drill press all the way... and measure fifteen thousand times, scratch your arse, measure again, then drill it!
    Good Luck!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    VHT is what I used on my engine as well. Comes out gooood

i can second that i baked all my painted vht bits in the oven after too and they look mint

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Can I paint engine in the frame if I cover the frame and any holes that may be harmful to the engine if paint gets in?? Take tank and seat off and just go for it?? Can I do the radiator sides with no trouble??

Blog Entries
    Definitely mate, thats been done many a time too, Banditrod has some experience there, go to some extra effort masking everything you don't want paint on, take your time with masking tape it will pay off. I would recommend removing as much stuff as possible to get into the tight spaces..

Perfect chance to take wheels off and give them a coat too.. and maybe your swinger if your keen.. you should take your radiator off, drain it clean it and give it a freshen up.. a $15 can of paint will make that look brand new, plus give you a chance to change the coolant..

Here's an example from customfighters.com although he did his frame at the same time..

hmm bi-lo here i come opps i mean metalmart lol

RevHead
    bahahaha me to ,top trolley idea though

Weekend Warrior
    Both PJ1 paint and Sperex are very good for doing engines, PJ1 do a series of factory matched colours, in an easy to spray 500ml epoxy based paint. I've used both of them with great success, although with the Sperex you have to be very rigorous about preparation, and it can react if other types of paint are used over it

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

Definitely mate, thats been done many a time too, Banditrod has some experience there, go to some extra effort masking everything you don't want paint on, take your time with masking tape it will pay off. I would recommend removing as much stuff as possible to get into the tight spaces..

Perfect chance to take wheels off and give them a coat too.. and maybe your swinger if your keen.. you should take your radiator off, drain it clean it and give it a freshen up.. a $15 can of paint will make that look brand new, plus give you a chance to change the coolant..

Here's an example from customfighters.com although he did his frame at the same time..

Thats why you have to put a dollar in a fuckin trolley these days!
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

Hey josh 182, looks like some sweet advice from the forum, hope you don't mind if take some of these idea's for my build.
    cheers,

"Ride it like you stole it"

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    bwahahahahahahaha!