Thread: Welder fabricator wanted.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Welder fabricator wanted.

Sup builder brothers?

well it certainly has been a while since I've been visiting the site after pittering and pottering along with my build I need some help from somebody who can weld alley. I've got a buell X1 sub frame to fit into my CBR900 frame. I've made up some crude templates but need a dude who knows his shit to build some brackets and make it look a little bit more like it belongs.
    Can anyone recommend a welder/fabricator in the feild to me?
    i'm keen to chuck the rolling frame on the ute and get some opinions.
    thanks anyone who can help

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Post up some pics of what you have now,and im sure plenty on here will give you a good idea of what to do???

New to Streetfighters
    was reading a post tonight about brackets/ plates made for a bike..preety sure the guy has all the gear..post was for "my new rear" awsome mods, wish I had the recources..do not know if he is in OZ, best of luck

email hutch (a member) he may be able to help...if not snowy ardill of ardill engineering id good

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    sic ill try get some pics up. thanks

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    here is the subframe with my crude alley plate bracket templates attached

see how i've shaved down the cast alley of the buell subframe to fit into the honda main frame

close up of the right side

here they are fitted veiwing the right outside. it doesn't really look as though it belongs

the inside is hidden but that bracket would be far better welded to the subframe then bolted to the main frame.

as you can see here there is quite a space to fill about 10-15mm (same each side)

this is how it would look fitted but i'd like to plug the holes in the frame where the bolts go in and tap a thread from the inside. finnally being able to fix the frames together from the 'engine compartment' to leave clean lines on the outside for my idea of laying carbon fibre sheet over the frame for looks sake.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html
    I like the look of the sub frame on it, hope you get it together

Mate, what if you were to make a nice ally bracket to bolt the two together ?

It would save any uncomfortable questions regarding engineers certificates on the welding if ever you have to go over the pits at any time.

The gap in between the chassis and the bottom sub frame bracket can be taken up by a simple spacer or if you have access to a mill, you could just make the bracket to fit both ends.

Having said that, my K7 tail that is on my K1 has been cut and welded to fit.
    I just thought fuck it, if I have trouble, I'll stick the stock one back on for a week.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    that may be a good idea about boltng on frames. i am still goin to hang on to the orig sub-frame in the case i do ever have to go over the pits. i started on the path about spacers and all but i figured i'd like it to look a little bit more like it grew there

Hope it comes out well whichever way you go, that buell tail is going to look sweet.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    cheers bro. i'll post some pics when i make som progress... how long can a whale hold its breath?