Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stunters = dickheads?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i fucking love you guys !!i love the fact that a bike can do a gracefull ballet dance then go into a powerslide then ....well you get the picture

Most stunters I have spoken/ riden with are cool but like any group of people you get dicks (I'm the best, you can't rock the shit I do etc) and key board stunters are sweet as.
    Stunting on the street is fine I have been guilty of practice/playing on rides but as with everything you must pick your place rolling burnouts past a school 3pm probably not the best idea but generally all is good.
    The "gangster" style talk/dress is fine with me my prefered music choice is Hip Hop and it tends to go with it even though it can get over the top
    Not trying to turn pro stunter but I would love to be more involved with stunting the only reason I have not purchase a dedicated stunter and put in some real effort into practice (read falling over) is I don't have the time to put into it or know the people to get into safe (from cop's) practice area's. Look at it in the same fashion as doing track days with a dedicated track bike
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

I'm new on the scene.. I take stunting pics. Did a load at Streetfighter Stuntfest at Wembley and they were all cool, nice bikes and wicked skills. I've no doubt there are some right tossers out there - but that's true in all walks of life.

I'm www.sparkystunts.com photographer and that guy has skill. You liked the Melandri powerslide, I get to photograph that. Cool stuff.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    cool stuff noz, yeh sparky is a drift demon huh! havnt really met and UK stunters yet they should come over to oz for a holiday or soemthing

el sammo, dont suppose you know of anyone in australia that has a wheelie simulator like on sparky's site?
    im too much of a softcock to attempt to learn it on the road

no one as yet, has been plans to build them but the roller design is kinda tricky, need sort of a like dyno brake setup

there more of a money maker for events they dont really simulate any required skills very well, get a cheap dirtbike or a z50 to learn in youre backyard, good fun. Mountainbikes are great too

quote:Originally posted by el sammo
    Mountainbikes are great too
    last time i rode a pushie probably more than 10yrs ago now i could wheelie that all day. im just not sure what to do with the gas and the clutch [)]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    always loved stunters as a teen all i could do on a bike was out wheelie everyone in town and stand on the seat. to fat to race all the other kids plus the xl 175 was slow as. really love watching stunters fall off to.

Weekend Warrior
    respect to the stunters balls of steel,more guts then a sumo and better balance then a tight rope walkers

quote:Originally posted by Iceman

I'll have a bet each way on this one. It would seem the guys I've met through here are pretty grounded, pleasant to talk to and fun to be around. But on the other hand I've also met some who think there shit doesn't stink.

nail on the head mayor awesome,
    the guys on here are.
    just stop riding with no gear. PESH.
    while im at it can ya pull ya pants up,and where ya hat proper.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    stunting to me represents the birth of another skillfull sport [and i like the trails-like example ] as usual it gets its fair share of bad press but i liken it to branstorming 70years ago where guys would jump in a bi plane and do nutcase stunt flyin ..same kind of balls out mentality which is hard for the beaurocrats to get their heads round

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    A skillful sport for sure. The people who do it are clearly mental... If I wasn't such a pussy I would give it a go, I would then fall off, crack my head open, then realise how skillful it really is. Hats off to the guys!

quote:Originally posted by scotty

quote:Originally posted by Iceman

I'll have a bet each way on this one. It would seem the guys I've met through here are pretty grounded, pleasant to talk to and fun to be around. But on the other hand I've also met some who think there shit doesn't stink.

nail on the head mayor awesome,
    the guys on here are.
    just stop riding with no gear. PESH.
    while im at it can ya pull ya pants up,and where ya hat proper.

Awww c'mon scotty [] i rarely ride with no gear . and if im ridng in a tshirt i have my gear on : back protector arm guards and a helmet . unless its idle stuff sometimes i dont wear a lid [)] woopsy i guess thats what ur having a dig at .. Havent done that for quite a while now . sorry mate hahah

RevHead
    stunters are just unreal,as chase said ,,more talent then ive got,ive done the odd wheelie and stoppy,but all the other tricks- well out of my reach of skills,

quote:Originally posted by pesh

Awww c'mon scotty [] i rarely ride with no gear . and if im ridng in a tshirt i have my gear on : back protector arm guards and a helmet . unless its idle stuff sometimes i dont wear a lid [)] woopsy i guess thats what ur having a dig at .. Havent done that for quite a while now . sorry mate hahah
    i know just thought i'd metion it...(just scabbin up on my arm now[:I])

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by el sammo

you mean the australian stunters? i wear a flat cap haha i just think it looks cool
    I wear a flat cap too, but yeah a few people go over the top.
    I reckon stunting is an amazing sport and much respect for the skills these guys have. I look forward to the day when I can do that stuff.

Definitely shouldn't hit the streets (well, no more than a little wheelie or something) as it'd probably give everyone a bad name and in some cases could be quite dangerous to public.

High speed stuff is very impressive, but I would say full protective gear and you'd wanna know how to fall safely =/
    I saw a vid on youtube of Craig Jones doing some 150m+ stoppie at some crazy speed and thought geez he's got balls but if he came off...

Overall a great scene though, love it!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by yella

The "gangster" style talk/dress is fine with me my prefered music choice is Hip Hop and it tends to go with it even though it can get over the top
    Not trying to turn pro stunter but I would love to be more involved with stunting the only reason I have not purchase a dedicated stunter and put in some real effort into practice (read falling over) is I don't have the time to put into it or know the people to get into safe (from cop's) practice area's. Look at it in the same fashion as doing track days with a dedicated track bike
    I absolutely agree! I love Hip-Hop too.
    I'm looking at getting a stunt bike and practicing, but as you said, it is quite hard to find a good safe place.
    I don't know why America seems to have all these 200x200m carparks in the middle of absolute nowhere with not a house in sight lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12