Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stunters = dickheads?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

stunters = dickheads?

large varied range of personalities and riders here so i figured its the best place to ask,

whats youre general opinion on "stunters" and streetbike freestyle as a general sport?

bunch of attention seeking idiots that cant go around corners? or another enjoyable form of motorcycle control similar to trials? do you think the bikes are specaially built with care or just pieces of crap?

a lot of the stunter guys that went to AFR thought the SF guys were all crazy as so its interesting to see everyones perspective haha

stunting could be considered the bastard child of streetfighters in a lot of ways and many of you would have watched it grow, for better or worse over the past decade

just wondering on your opinions are, so fire away and dont be shy!

Love the stunt riding and the vast majority of stunt dudes I've spoken to are cool as fuck.

Having said that, I think the sport has grown sufficiently in popularity now that it is starting to attract dickheads. I've met a couple of absolute fuckwits lately, calling themselves stunters, who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

As I said, most are cool as, and I definitely respect their skills and love watching them cut loose. I dabble in some of the basic shit but I would never call myself a stunter. My skills simply don't compare with my idea of what a "stunter" is.

Anyone who writes the scene off as "attention seeking idiots who can't go round corners" is just woefully ignorant and, at best, could only ever be referred to as a critic. And as we all know, there has never been a statue commemorating a critic. Fuck the haters.

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Another enjoyable form of motorcycle control similar to trials and the bikes are specially built with care

I have nothing but respect for the skills you guys achieve through hours and hours of practise.

ASF Gold Full Member
    I think you guys are friggen awesome and wish I had what it takes to be able to do just a few stunts.
    My only complaint- I cant afford more vids haha
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    These guys are dickheads:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/fr...650&height=830

All the stunters I've met so far seem to be good people.

Yeh all the stunters I'v met have been top blokes with mad skills hey! Got nuthin but love for what u crazy kids do! Only wish I had the balls, n a bike I didnt care too much about to practice on myself! lol
    Im with Rod, specially built with care n skilled control similar to trials!

Blog Entries
    comeing from the tupperware bikes my self im really impressed with what stunters can do with bikes , the hole tech side of being able to throw a bike around on either front or rear wheel is just nuts im really likeing it

Hey Sam,im going say that its the SKILL thats required which always gets me pumped, my favorite is the big fast feet up powerslides and the dab the foot in the back of the ute circle wheelies..fuckin tops.the only thing that makes me realy uncomfortable is two up stunts.

Fkn hate those stunter guys!! Of course this hatred is based completely on the the fact that I don't have the skill or nerve to do it..

Indeed, I used to think I was cool as a kid when I did stuff like that on my pushbike. But I was young, and I bounced when I fell off back then.

How can anyone [i]not]/i] admire the courage, skill, and hours of practice that stunters put in on machines that most would struggle to lift, much less dance with?

ASF Basic Full Member
    I think stunters are awsome, they have alot of skill and nerve to do what they do.

My only complaint is with the odd few stunt vids that i have where the stunters have no helmets, jackets or even proper boots on.
    That shits me to no end!! (sorry for this but its usually Americans)

Put you bloody safety gear on you nobjockeys!! Skin grafts hurt like hell!!
    I taste so good you'l want the recipe.

you guys are all really positive thats cool as, yes the lack of gear issue comes up a lot, im guilty of that one, stupidly its why im on the net right now instead of out riding while i wait to heal up.. fool

i think its only a very small part of the (brand new stock 1000) rider community that dislikes stunting but im alwasy interested to hear everyones opinions

also from a entertainment point of view do you think stunting has become too slow and controlled?? its getting faster lately again as it started getting too controlled to the point that it didnt have the same "risk of crash" factor there for a while

also rock hard says the 2 up stuff makes you uncomfortable? you mean you worry for the passanger if the rider crashes?

it is a different deal to risk someone else getting injured not just yourself for sure

and... what about street riding? do you think its a a bad thing if stunters move out of parking lots and take it to the streets?

Taking it to the streets is bad IMO.

The odd wheelie here and there is all part of a day's ride.
    But doing stacks of rolling burnouts, stoppies and all that sort of carry on around town would just damage the reputation of not only stunters, but also bike riders in general.
    The actions of a few could have a negative effect on many when it comes to police and public opinion.

I think stunting is an awesome sport, but like MX, it doesn't doesnt have a place on the roads.

I admire a stunters skills and the fact they put their bodies on the line in order to practice and perform.
    Personally, i like all my limbs pointing in the right direction so stunting, like freestyle MX, will be enjoyed from the side lines by me.

But you guys rock IMO and I think motorcycling in general is far richer for having the stunt scene. I also think stunting is a bit of an underground part of motorcycling, which is the exact same thing that drew me to streetfighters.

I hope it lives forever.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I'll have a bet each way on this one. It would seem the guys I've met through here are pretty grounded, pleasant to talk to and fun to be around. But on the other hand I've also met some who think there shit doesn't stink.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Blog Entries
    I love the stunters, the whole skill aspect and bike setup needs to be commended greatly.. kudos to everything involved with stunting awesome and enjoyable to watch. I remember watching and meeting Darius Khashabi and Tony D at Oran Park, top dudes promoting an awesome sport. But definitely no good on street, at all. Its not the place for it.. I also have to agree with Dex and Ice, I've met some great stunters happy as and down to earth but I've also met douche bags who have looked down upon me because I'm not like them or I'm just plain rubbish.. well fuck them and thumbs up to the good ones..

Good question mate..
    I think it's like any other part of society. I've met some great people through stunting, but also met quite a few wankers..
    I love that stuntriding is where FMX was a few years ago- just seems to be waiting for a break into the mainstream.

quote:Originally posted by el sammo

also from a entertainment point of view do you think stunting has become too slow and controlled?? its getting faster lately again as it started getting too controlled to the point that it didnt have the same "risk of crash" factor there for a while
    I do agree with this.. id rather watch the faster stuff, rather than endless circles and idle stuff. I think a good show would have a pretty even mix. But, appreciate the skill level in the slow stuff(i like it coz it hurts less falling off!). I think the danger is part of what makes stunting so entertaining.

hmm yeh i dont think stunting will ever go mainstream like FMX has, i like the underground scene

have always admired stunters, well ever since i had watched my first christian pfiefer video.
    not sure what all the new guys are about anymore but i remember christians vids and watching in amazment how anyone could do those things on a bike be it on two wheels or one.

as for street riding, im sure plenty of people would look down on my public riding so im the last one that should be commenting on this subject.
    for example i had the same view as you did regarding that vid someone posted a week or so ago with guys riding through traffic.
    have also ridden with plenty of stunters in my time so know whats involved in going for a 'cruise' through the cbd

as for the comment of not being able to ride corners, all the stunters i know took the sport up after deciding to slow down on the road. one was an amature ex racer. so i doubt they cant handle a few twisties []

i fuckn hate the way they ware caps! no the whole gansta thing, pull up ya pants, put ya hat on proply, and stop all the homy shit, stunters have got awsom skills but some should just go live with the seppos

you mean the australian stunters? i wear a flat cap haha i just think it looks cool

i do see some of the younger guys puttin it on a bit, i think it comes from them lookin up to the american riders so trying to emulate them in there own stlye a little

most of the "gangsta" speak is just jokin around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast