Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays no-shit-sherlock news story.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:Originally posted by Jup

But again, I'd love to see some objective research and data presented
    Well, you will never get that from HOS. He has never let facts get in the way of his opinions...
    Do you copy and paste your dumb comments every time ?

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:Originally posted by HOS

Take a long hard look around the world at ethnic cleansing and mass genocide because someone reckons their religion is better than another.

Take a long hard look at Africa and eastern Europe ? Congo, Sudan,
    Darfur, Croatia, Slovakia, India and Pakistan ? People who are butchering each other, killing and raping women and children in the name of Christianity and Islam.

You seem to be confusing religion with ethnicity.

Mindless patriotism has killed more people than religion ever will.
    Religion, ethnicity, colour of skin, race or gender, all the same excuses for haters.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Sorry to tell you pete but islam has non violent teachings generally in the Koran, its the mad fuckers in power that corupt it in the name of religion when their really just interested in creating a dictatorship. And the people like the Yanks in power are keen to continue this as it de-stabilises the region and continues there ajenda. They only focust there attention on America and its allies once America was caught out fucking with it all.

If anything christianity has done just as much negative stuff in the past, and continues to do so in some ways. Christian aid to 3rd world countrys for instance , yes they help people , if those people go to a chrisian church and accept christian values etc etc otherwise you starve. Educating people is great but at the expence of distroying there heratige and previous life is just wrong, before all the do gooders jump in and "Say thats not true we do great good" I challenge you to go have a look with your own eyes, My eyes were opened a while back and don't wish to see what I saw with my own eyes ever again. Better to walk away and let them die than to continue what is happening atm I think.

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Ra
    Personally I lean towards Buddhism as a more balanced form of faith, But I'm an omnivore As I have incisors and like to use them!

My 2 cents worth.
    Buddhist monks are neither veg nor non vegetarian they accept whatever they are given. Even the Dalai Lama consumes meat.

We traditionally had enough internal issues when it was majority English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish hundreds of years ago on this
    very, very small island. We`ve always been a bunch of syco`s living in this cramped little place.

Throwing in hundreds of different cultures, attitudes and beliefs to the melting pot was never logistically going to be successful or happy.
    We have a divided society where cultural isolation is the norm.
    Look at France, Germany who all have the same or greater issues with enclaves of different and often lawless cultures and societies.

Bhuddism is a system of belief and learning and its good.

As you know it isnt a religion, its based on tolerance and understanding.

[8D]

Sorry to tell you pete but islam has non violent teachings generally in the Koran, its the mad fuckers in power that corupt it in the name of religion when their really just interested in creating a dictatorship. And the people like the Yanks in power are keen to continue this as it de-stabilises the region and continues there ajenda. They only focust there attention on America and its allies once America was caught out fucking with it all.

If anything christianity has done just as much negative stuff in the past, and continues to do so in some ways. Christian aid to 3rd world countrys for instance , yes they help people , if those people go to a chrisian church and accept christian values etc etc otherwise you starve. Educating people is great but at the expence of distroying there heratige and previous life is just wrong, before all the do gooders jump in and "Say thats not true we do great good" I challenge you to go have a look with your own eyes, My eyes were opened a while back and don't wish to see what I saw with my own eyes ever again. Better to walk away and let them die than to continue what is happening atm I think.
    Yeah forcing western "democracy" really helped a lot of countries.
    A whole load of cultures were getting on fine until they had to have education, western ideals and western goods.

Was`nt that the whole intention to expand the consumer base ?

Western Democracy : any choice you like as long as its one of ours.

quote:Originally posted by HOS

Do you copy and paste your dumb comments every time ?
    And I was sure you did the same, as your retarded spelling mistakes never change along with your baseless drivel.

Lol HOS, it's "meek", not "weak", and they're not even nearly the same in meaning, but your basic statement is true enough.

From what I understand of human nature (all theological discussion aside) people simply do not tolerate having their freedom imposed upon without their consent. And this is exactly what is conspicuous amongst the general understanding of the major religions - including Buddhism.

That, and the fear of the unknown, and risk of extremism in all aspects of life, all add up to an environment of distrust. Even pure naturalists have their dangerous fanatics.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar

As far as I understand the teachings of the goatfuckers...there is two Qurans. As a non believer/infidel you will only ever see the nicer version (or the nice interpretation).

These cunts are coming for you and your rights as a human.

[:0]

Even pure naturalists have their dangerous fanatics.

Just look at the Green Parties website and see the poison and rubbish spread through there in their basic ideals.

I tend to look at my religion like this - It preaches love, tolerance, and trying to be Christlike in all aspects of my day to day life. Christ didn't always turn the other cheek, look at what he did in the Temple. There is a time to stand and deliver and a time to walk away. It's learning the difference which is the key. And if being a better man is a bad thing then so is my religion. At the end of the day it comes back to Mahatma Ghandi - Be the change you want to see in the world. I'm trying Are you?

quote:Originally posted by Large

As far as I understand the teachings of the goatfuckers...there is two Qurans. As a non believer/infidel you will only ever see the nicer version (or the nice interpretation).

These cunts are coming for you and your rights as a human.

[:0]
    Watch this, i think its fuckin scary. In 30,40,50yrs time, the world will be a totally different place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

There are people who say they are (eg) xtian and then there's those who actually ARE xtian. People who wear the label and think it gives them some kind of respect from others for being so.... whereas there are those who do attend church, do xtian things and live in accordance to the ideals of that faith. Kudos to them because in my experience, they are few and far between. People who walk their talk get my respect.

I'm pagan, raised c of e and friends with people of all walks of life. I read on one bike forum this week that people who ride streetfighters are mulleted idiot thugs. That core ignorance, placed in any social group/situation will grow to something ugly. So it's good to see, such a diverse x-section of society here. Ignorance and fear leads the mob with pitchforks.

Bhudism is a religion, same as the other main 5. But it's not dogmatic like xtianity and islam. Anyways, there is always some egomanic out there who'll use religion to their own ends. They are called fanatics - they are a minority in any religion/faith. So it does my goat to always read bad things about islam when like someone already said, it doesn't promote terrorism. If you look in any religious text, there are plenty of bit about peace and war. I'm sure anyone who has read the old testament will agree that god was wrathful and did some nasty shit to punish the non believer.... but then it was all about peace. It's there in any old religon.
    Paganism is older than all of them but it's not a religion, it's a way of life, a belief of living in sync with the seasons and if you look at any xtian festival, it mirrors pagan ones. The church of rome decided in 400ad that even though christ was born in feb/march that there were too many festivals in december (27) and decided to have one day, in conjuction with the solstice and call it xmas. To make the transition of assimulation easier, they used old celtic worship places (wells, hill tops, rivers etc) to build their new churches. They used the old customs and integrated them to their own..... and that was less than 2000 years ago.

Look at all the people who have visited our countries and made a change (romans, vikings, saxons etc). Look at your country - an indiginous culture, over run by people dumping off their unwanted criminals. Pommie is prisoner of mother england... these things change our culture forever - that negative part of our pasts is now part of your vocab. But that's not how i see oz. I see it as a richly diverse country, made of many differnt tribes from around the world. Of course there are those who will abuse that open door... it happens everywhere. If I could come to oz for a new life, hell yeah, I would - how would I be any differnt to the other immigrants? Is it the colour of skin - where they live - their relgion? No one likes their country invaded. But if you look to why everyone wants to move to the uk or oz, then you see that their own country is in shit order, often relgious wars/factions.... it's just more intense than it's been in the past. Damned right that it should be stemmed, because no one wants to feel like an imposter in their own country.

Sorry for the essay... it's just something I'm passionate about. Ignorance breeds fear and that is a dangerous thing.

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Those Pagan Rituals always look more exciting then Church on a Sunday

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Couple of mates back in the uk (brothers)late 20's pretty fucked up lads, drinking and doing drugs every night, couldn't keep a job for more than a few months etc went to see an evangelist (might have been Benny Hinn) or someone like him.
    They said they where going to take the piss and generally cause trouble, but they both had a 'moment'. Completely changed them both overnight, when I say overnight, I mean literally overnight. no more drink/drugs, started doing charity work etc settled down, got proper jobs, 20 yrs on and they're still in to it.
    Seemed to work for them,

Lol HOS, it's "meek", not "weak", and they're not even nearly the same in meaning, but your basic statement is true enough.

From what I understand of human nature (all theological discussion aside) people simply do not tolerate having their freedom imposed upon without their consent. And this is exactly what is conspicuous amongst the general understanding of the major religions - including Buddhism.

That, and the fear of the unknown, and risk of extremism in all aspects of life, all add up to an environment of distrust. Even pure naturalists have their dangerous fanatics.
    I think we both know what each other means

I was in Sparkbrook in Birmingham last month stocking up on some pulses and rice and shit in one of those massive Muslim supermarkets like you do..... when the Muslim shop owner came over and accosted me ! [:0]
    Poor fucker thought he could talk to me and convert me to Islam ! ??
    If you knew me in person you`d die laughing.

After an hour of listening to this guy and his narrow and filtered (indocrinated) view on the physical and spiritual world we live in, his are exaclty the same as the western orthodox views: narrow and filtered.

We talked and I was respectful because I genuinely wanted to hear his point of view.

But its totally obvious they are conditioned just the same as any other westener into a system of belief. Even those who are not religious are still conditioned into a system, of belief usually the new self proclaimed "religion" called Science.

I do like a fucken good Balti but me ? Islamic ? [)][]

JUP,

Fear is the most powerful control tool and a well used one.
    People are intentionally held in a lack of knowledge and understanding because it generates fear.

The only thing people really fear is what they don`t know about.
    Denial of knowledge to the population is the key to fear and control.
    But my belief is there is nothing we are not capable of knowing.

Even the most complex ideas and concepts can be understood in simple terms aka Dr Steven Hawkins. ?

Ok.... so fear is fed to us via the media. They will make it seem like the end of the world - like bird flu, swineflu, terrorist threats, recession, jobless.... you name it, if it sells their rag, they will heighten the countries axiety with these over inflated stories.

It's propaganda. Look beyond the bullshit words and go on the street and see what it's really about. Has it affected people you know, places you live or are you basing your opinions on what you've read? Fair enough if you've got personal experience and i'm sure there is some truth in the hype. From my experience, the muslims I worked with lived in a shitty room in Bedford, worked 12+ hours a day for less than min wage and sent most of their money home to their wife and kids in Pakistan. They are not people that have come here to claim benefits or council houses, they are men trying to feed their starving families. However, there are many who do abuse our countries generosity and it's our own stupid governments fault for being so fucking politically correct. Perhaps we wouldn't be in such a financial crisis if they hadn't been giving 6 bed homes to immigrants etc etc etc.

HOS - I am shocked. An hour.. and you listened to it all? I reckon you secretly enjoyed it lol I went to my doctor for a blood pressure test, and what should have taken 5 mins, took 45mins cos he was bible bashing me! I changed my doctor after that and a few people have said the same. Anyways, make me a karhi mate - extra coriandor

quote:Originally posted by NoZ

Ok.... so fear is fed to us via the media. They will make it seem like the end of the world - like bird flu, swineflu, terrorist threats, recession, jobless.... you name it, if it sells their rag, they will heighten the countries axiety with these over inflated stories. What the media say and what actually appears in threat assessments are very different. Yes there is a threat and we have to be aware... but the muslim threat has only replaced the last one... or don't people remember the nail bombs in the 80s?

It's propaganda. Look beyond the bullshit words and go on the street and see what it's really about. Has it affected people you know, places you live or are you basing your opinions on what you've read? Fair enough if you've got personal experience and i'm sure there is some truth in the hype. From my experience, the muslims I worked with lived in a shitty room in Bedford, worked 12+ hours a day for less than min wage and sent most of their money home to their wife and kids in Pakistan. They are not people that have come here to claim benefits or council houses, they are men trying to feed their starving families. However, there are many who do abuse our countries generosity and it's our own stupid governments fault for being so fucking politically correct. Perhaps we wouldn't be in such a financial crisis if they hadn't been giving 6 bed homes to immigrants etc etc etc.

HOS - I am shocked. An hour.. and you listened to it all? I reckon you secretly enjoyed it lol I went to my doctor for a blood pressure test, and what should have taken 5 mins, took 45mins cos he was bible bashing me! I changed my doctor after that and a few people have said the same. Anyways, make me a karhi mate - extra coriandor

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast