Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays no-shit-sherlock news story.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Todays no-shit-sherlock news story.

Had to share this one, I know you guys will appreciate this little gem from the UK !

I choked laffing !

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100803/...e-45dbed5.html

Another "No shit Sherlock" news story

uh huh... yet the other religion responsible for taking over the world and assimulating it gets no mention? lol

I like the last few lines of that story.

One said: "They have taken our country over, it's not England any more. We have to make changes to please them."

"If I had my way I'd kick them all out of here," said another.

We'll be able to write that here shortly, and just change the "England" to Australia.

Funny how we,the majority(not sure for how much longer tho) have to change to help "them" assimilate, why the fuck don't they change to help assimilate into the country they are moving too??
    If their country and lifesytle was so shit hot,why the fuck are they moving??

Religion IS shit.

My God`s better than your`s Nurr Nur Nah Nur Nurr !

If that twat pre-supposed the answers then why ask ?

Islamic way of looking at living in the UK:

They stand rigid in their lifestyle and views and are intolerant of any other ways and other cultures.

They think integrating and being accepted is about everyone else here adapting around and accepting their rigid doctrine and religious culture.
    Well that isnt the way to become intergrated and accepted in our society or any others who live here.

The biggest whiners, whingers, haters and bleaters in the UK are by far those of religous persuasion.

I do`nt give a flying fuck about what anyones religion is as long as they do`nt keep ramming it down my throat and telling me "we" are not fitting in around them.

I`m quite happy knowing fuck all about any or all religion thank you. Zero interest

Darwinism says "Adapt and survive". Lesson number one : fail.

Biggest global wipe outs and genocides have been in the name of whatever God or God substitute figure.

Religion = same shit / different badge.

I do`nt have any religious "badge" I have only one badge......... human mate ! [^]

Spelling is difficult enough ?

Well said HOS

I'm sure anyone on this forum who's met me in person could assure you that I'm one of those "religious people" that you could tolerate: If you want to know, ask, otherwise I'll just join in the fun.

quote:Originally posted by HOS

Biggest global wipe outs and genocides have been in the name of whatever God or God substitute figure.
    But I'm calling bullshit on that statement, here's the facts:

"A compilation of the history of human warfare, Encyclopedia of Wars by Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod documents 1763 wars, of which 123 have been classified to include religious elements. So, what our atheist friends often tell us is "most" really amounts to less than 7% of all wars. It is interesting to note that 66 of these wars (more than 50%) involved Islam, which did not even exist as a religion for the first 3,000 years of recorded human warfare.

Taking a similar line, John P Conway in his article War and Religion: Is Religion to Blame? concludes:

it becomes apparent that those who make the claim "religion has been the cause of more wars than any other factor in history" may speak from ignorance or have ulterior motives for the assertion.

Conway's article is well worth reading.

Particularly thought-provoking is a paper presented at the University of Melbourne in 2006 by William T Cavanaugh in which he also challenges the generalities clung to by atheists and their sympathisers.

(All of which is NOT to say that the Church has never been wrong and that Christians have not inflicted suffering . . . it is just a plea that we allow the facts to inform our debates, and get things in proportion.) "

If you've got data to support your claim I'd love to be corrected!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by Jup

I'm sure anyone on this forum who's met me in person could assure you that I'm one of those "religious people" that you could tolerate: If you want to know, ask, otherwise I'll just join in the fun.

But I'm calling bullshit on that statement, here's the facts:

"A compilation of the history of human warfare, Encyclopedia of Wars by Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod documents 1763 wars, of which 123 have been classified to include religious elements. So, what our atheist friends often tell us is "most" really amounts to less than 7% of all wars. It is interesting to note that 66 of these wars (more than 50%) involved Islam, which did not even exist as a religion for the first 3,000 years of recorded human warfare.

Taking a similar line, John P Conway in his article War and Religion: Is Religion to Blame? concludes:

it becomes apparent that those who make the claim "religion has been the cause of more wars than any other factor in history" may speak from ignorance or have ulterior motives for the assertion.

Conway's article is well worth reading.

Particularly thought-provoking is a paper presented at the University of Melbourne in 2006 by William T Cavanaugh in which he also challenges the generalities clung to by atheists and their sympathisers.

(All of which is NOT to say that the Church has never been wrong and that Christians have not inflicted suffering . . . it is just a plea that we allow the facts to inform our debates, and get things in proportion.) "

If you've got data to support your claim I'd love to be corrected!
    I would agree with you about actual wars, I would say most wars are economically motivated, but religion has had quite a few non wars like the Spanish inquisition.

Um yes and no.

Hitler was a fanatic, trying to wipe out the Jews and anyone differnt to what he believed in. The Crusades - xtian v's muslims. How about xtianity assimulating the world to what they saw as 'civilised' - closer to you would be the Lost Generation. All god faring white people out to clean the savages up all over the world. Then there's the killing in the UK when Henry 8th created a new religion - how many heretics were burnt during Mary Queen of Scots reighn - 254, loads more than any recorded witch burnings. Then there's the xtremist xtians who breed hate - such as the KKK. There are xtremist muslims, like al queda (created by a rich white xtian arsehole in charge of america). America's war on terror was just a white fantatical xtian going to war on a religion. How about the genocides in armenia and throughout africa, serbia, croatia.... thent there's the factions between islam killing each other.

There are tonnes of other examples of other races, invading shores and assimulating the population to their belief system. Just cos it's not called a war - doesn't mean that atrocities have not been committed in the name of religion or that it didn't back the justifcation to go into battle. Cleansing isn't a good thing.

As for the muslim thing, I've yet to meet any that meet the descriptions given by the so-called 'voice of the uk'... but then again, I don't live in Luton lol
    My point being is that arseholes are prevailant in ALL faiths, religions and races. They all think they are better than the other. Fact is, this country (UK) was assimulated to the xtian faith back in 100ad... and we fought that, lost and then went on to be invaded again and again by other people with their faiths who changed our country forever. We owe a lot to muslim inventors - including pistons and valves, coffee, chess, surgical instruments... look it up.

My grandad came to the uk as an italian immigrant escaping his nazi homeland. Yet he was racist as fuck towards immigrants later in life. He worked his fingers to the bone to provided and never expected a hand out ever. It is a shame that so many come to our shores and demand stuff they haven't earned. It's not their god given right to have this shit.... and neither is it the uk lazy wanker population who have never worked or contributed to the pot. Dealing it doesn't count. These people should look closer to home and as my ma always say, people in glass houses shouldn't be launching rocks.

That is not to say that I agree with the latest invasion of immigrants but wasn't all this said 30-40 years ago when the carribean islanders decended on the uk? Part of the joys of being an empire/commonwealth. The door swings both ways.

Anyways, as Nero said, who ever control religion, controls the people. I'd line them all up against the wall personally, religion is evil. Faith isn't.

No doubt Tony, and by todays standards (don't miss that) to treat people that way is abhorrent even to us religious folk. For the most part, organised religion is disgraceful, if not outright criminal. That's why I'm never offended by the opinions presented both here and elsewhere.

Because you're right, we all judge entire groups by the most visible actions of the most conspicuous members. Motorcyclists are classic victims of this.

But again, I'd love to see some objective research and data presented: Specifically, numbers killed in inquisitions (and the like) compared to general slaughter throughout the ages. It'd be interesting to see how the numbers stack up. Remember, I'm not defending those acts, I'm challenging statements that aren't supported by evidence but are likely fueled by prejudice.

(edit: NoZ posted at roughly the same time)

NoZ: IMHO You summed it up perfectly in your last few words. And that's why (again IMO) people are so (rightfully) against religion (and more specifically Islam).

quote:Originally posted by Jup

But again, I'd love to see some objective research and data presented
    Well, you will never get that from HOS. He has never let facts get in the way of his opinions...

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by NoZ

Cleansing isn't a good thing.

I've been saying that for years
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Raw Horse Power (or Kilowatts if your a new testament) is the one true god ! All cower before it or worship in awe. Non sexist (just ask JoJo), non racicist, care's not for your money, will consume everything in its path, unable to be controled! But fun to try.

I know people of the Islamic faith that I would trust a great deal as christian, but neather would I hand my wallet and walk off. I have read both the Bible and the Koran,and several other books on more kooky stuff. As I belive you can't criticize something you know nothing about (I'm an Athiest don't celebrate easter or X-mas eather and work most public holidays) Both books basically teach tolerance of others and were written to spread good to others, Both have been abused and used since though mis quotes and twisting of what was origanlly ment to be expressed, to suit the desires of fucksticks that need to be fed to ant's while drip fed.

Many good people have faith such as Jup and take offence to people making criticisum of there beliefs with broad statments. I find people of true faith, usally a little less sensitive to this as there a little more enlightened. (No this isn't a dig at you jup, as this is a public forum and I think your coments are fair) Though the figures people express may be true they can be used to misleed as some of the wars/persicutions in the distant past proven to be of true religious motorvation may not have killed as many people as modern wars but mesured as a percentage of the world population at the time were far more horific (todays numbers would have been in the millions if not a billion) Good old Chinggis Khan (Genghis Khan's name to honnor him) and the Mongols probably killed most people of any army controlled by one indevidual as a percentage of world population and he wasn't motivated by religion.

Racisum is a natural thing (a form of self protection developed in the formative years of man to protect the tribe from outsiders possably ariving to do harm) but must be kept in check for the benifit of the tribe also! For without introduction of new blood and ways the tribe will loose vigor.

Personally I lean towards Buddhism as a more balanced form of faith, But I'm an omnivore As I have incisors and like to use them! I do not turn the other cheek when others do me or my friends harm, I do enough damage to ensure those that would do so never come close again. The earth is our mother, many ancient tribes have known this and lived in harmony, some thought better and thought themsleves smart (incas) and there great civilisation crubled due to there folly. As will ours sooner or later.

My 2 cents worth.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

quote:[
    Well, you will never get that from HOS. He has never let facts get in the way of his opinions...
    No shit Sherlock. Sorry Dan, couldn't help myself.

Kris.

I'm a Christian. I attend church every Sunday. I'm proud to do so. I have my faith and I believe. I get that in this day and age, giving a day to worship an unseen omnipotent being is considered outdated, old fashioned, unnecessary and the like, but it suits me to do so. I don't get upset when people question my beliefs, they have the right to not believe, as much as I have the right to believe. If someone posts some anti Christian stuff on here (as is fairly common)I choose to ignore it. I have studied Islam and it teaches peace and love and defence of your family only when under attack. The radicals of Islam have decided that Western Culture with its sex filled music lyrics and smutty TV and Movies is an attack on their culture. Ergo they are justified in defending themselves and their family from the onslaught of the infidel.

Islam and Mainstream Christianity are both similar in their teachings, yet Muslims tend to be far far more devout than the average Christian. Then again Christianity has been perverted far far too much over the yrs by those with their own ideas and desires such as Martin Luther King, King Edward etc;

At the end of the day it comes to down to respect for others. I'll respect your right not to believe on the condition you respect my right to believe...

Take a long hard look around the world at ethnic cleansing and mass genocide because someone reckons their religion is better than another.

Take a long hard look at Africa and eastern Europe ? Congo, Sudan,
    Darfur, Croatia, Slovakia, India and Pakistan ? People who are butchering each other, killing and raping women and children in the name of Christianity and Islam.

Makes me puke !

That isnt good or being close to God, that is pure latent evil !

Take another hard look at the Catholic church ? I do`nt want to even start on that poisonous corporation.

Look at Zionism ? The whole shitpile of the middle east.
    How about the war on Islam ? Perpetuated by the Zionists !

Too many haters [xx(][xx(][xx(]

The issue is the survival of the human race and not what colour skin, not what langauge you speak or what badge of religion you wear.

I am no religionist, why put your name in support of all the above ?
    Decency comes from within not from a badge !

Its about your basic humanity, decency and having a conscience, humility and being prepared to stand up and protect the vulnerable. Not shoot and fucking rape them !

You don`t need a badge to tell other people you possess those qualities and strengths.

I do`nt need a badge to say Im` fuckin human
    I don`t need some get out of hell free card.

RevHead
    hey islam teachs terrism ,these fuckers have been killin people since the 6th century,send em back to the desert and nuke em

[quote]Originally posted by Shadowzone

I'm a Christian. I attend church every Sunday. I'm proud to do so. I have my faith and I believe. I get that in this day and age, giving a day to worship an unseen omnipotent being is considered outdated, old fashioned, unnecessary and the like, but it suits me to do so. I don't get upset when people question my beliefs, they have the right to not believe, as much as I have the right to believe. If someone posts some anti Christian stuff on here (as is fairly common)I choose to ignore it. I have studied Islam and it teaches peace and love and defence of your family only when under attack. The radicals of Islam have decided that Western Culture with its sex filled music lyrics and smutty TV and Movies is an attack on their culture. Ergo they are justified in defending themselves and their family from the onslaught of the infidel.

Islam and Mainstream Christianity are both similar in their teachings, yet Muslims tend to be far far more devout than the average Christian. Then again Christianity has been perverted far far too much over the yrs by those with their own ideas and desires such as Martin Luther King, King Edward etc;

At the end of the day it comes to down to respect for others. I'll respect your right not to believe on the condition you respect my right to believe...

I agree with 95% of that and always respect other peoples faiths and beliefs.

Religion has always been hijacked by too many politically and financialy motivated groups and individuals and still is.
    Right from the early days of England and the Royal Family. Way before Australia became a collony. When in England the crown, government and the church became one. That was when the rot set in.

People like me were turned away from religion in childhood by seeing the way faith has been corrupted and polluted by the power mongers to the point of the meaning having been lost.

When God said the weak would inherit the earth (Sorry if the words arent quite correct)., he didnt mean those who are weak and pathetic with a big chip on their shoulders would control and dominate the rest of the world.

Take a long hard look around the world at ethnic cleansing and mass genocide because someone reckons their religion is better than another.

Take a long hard look at Africa and eastern Europe ? Congo, Sudan,
    Darfur, Croatia, Slovakia, India and Pakistan ? People who are butchering each other, killing and raping women and children in the name of Christianity and Islam.

You seem to be confusing religion with ethnicity.

Mindless patriotism has killed more people than religion ever will.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast