Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RALLY!!!

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    great work everyone!
    the article is ok, but they forgot to mention how high the costs of a 1000cc bike is for ctp [xx(]

so whats next?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRP9IfEyg9w[/youtube]

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that cruise

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    I'm not having a go at anyone who attended- (I would have liked to attend but I'm having trouble standing/walking atm) but...

The SMH story looked like it was all about cars and k-kunteally didn't go anywhere near answering the question.

Was anything achieved?

so there you have it straight from the horses mouth.
    the reason for the increase is because we are more liekly to be involved in accidents (be it our fault or not)
    pretty sure there is data to suggest that drivers are at fault more often then not but cant be fucked searching for that now.
    the other reason evil keneally stated was that more powerful bikes are more likely to be involved in major accidents, have also seen data and studies proving that is also not the case.
    but if she is to be believed why the fuck does my 1300 xjr with barely 100hp still cost more to register than say a 1000cc bike?

why isnt the mccofnsw asking these questions?

ASF Premium Full Member
    two points from my experience,
    in 2006, was hit by a car, the broken scaphoid meant i had to change careers, big workers comp claim (3 years to finalise), etc. ended up going through the MAA, as it was the car drivers fault. car drivers CTP.

last year, broke all 3 bones in my right leg, 3 weeks in hospital,a grand total of 3 weeks off work, covered by private healthcare (or medicare if i didn't have any). grand total claimed on my CTP? $0.

based on this very small sample, car CTP should be through the roof.

more titanium than my bike

Bloke with a smaller stick
    CTP is Compulsory Third Party right...
    So it covers anyone else apart from the rider....ie the 3rd party that you injure or cause damage to...
    Which is why when I got my bike solo seat complianced my ctp went through the floor...no pillion...immediate removal of the main 3rd party likely to be injured...
    So the only statistics that should be used to work out the prices should be where the motorcycle was at fault and caused the affore mentioned injury/damage to said 3rd parties...
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by sharky

CTP is Compulsory Third Party right...
    So it covers anyone else apart from the rider....ie the 3rd party that you injure or cause damage to...
    Which is why when I got my bike solo seat complianced my ctp went through the floor...no pillion...immediate removal of the main 3rd party likely to be injured...
    So the only statistics that should be used to work out the prices should be where the motorcycle was at fault and caused the affore mentioned injury/damage to said 3rd parties...
    Exactly

ASF Premium Full Member
    that's what i was getting at sharky.
    definately dodgy figures used to calcualte the new pricing, and glad i went along to the protest. 250 riders may get injured more, but learners are also the ones who don't see the danger until it hits them.
    more titanium than my bike

who knows what they were/are/do think. There were plenty of riders and certainly lots of people noticed.

As for the CTP, i just dont understand how it could suddenly increase 100% in some cases, I for one havent seen 100% increases in motorcyclists injured and i work in the bloody hospital? And i highly doubt the premiums they were charging previously were so grossly inadequate. As IF they would let it go for that long losing money.....

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    From the keyboard of Rob Colligan, MCC of NSW President:

All,
    Firstly, thank you to all that attended yesterdays historic event at NSW Parliament House. With some estimates of 2000 attendees, we can be certain we made some noise. Within 5 minutes of the Rally ending Minister Daley’s advisor was arranging a meeting within 30 minutes. So please pat yourselves on the back. We made them listen.

Now to the thank you’s… to CJ Burns. Thank you for all your work. Without it I suspect that the day would not have been the success it was. Also to your Marshals. A Job well done. To Craig “Gonzo” Hall… again thank you for taking on the role of Parking Marshal. Next time we will arrange more space… who knew so many would come? I mention these two guys because they did a power of work, and they truly represent the work put in buy hundreds of people who I could not possibly name… but to all of you…

THANK YOU.

The Results:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-na ... 14bne.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ion=justin

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaki ... 14bne.html

Meeting with Michael Daley, NSW Minister for Finance

1:10pm to 1:35pm, Tuesday 31st August

Present: Minister Daley, his adviser, Rob Colligan and Simon Disney

Rob opened by expressing extreme dissatisfaction at the lines of communication between MCC and Government concerning the CTP issue.
    He said the legislation is flawed and less than transparent with regard to how premiums are calculated
    The Minister responded by saying he agreed with MCC and saw only one way for the numbers of motorcycles on our roads to go… and that would be UP.
    Rob said we want a Ministerial Advisory Council run by motorcyclists
    The Minister said he would explore this further at a subsequent meeting and offered MCC a permanent spot on the Motor Accidents Council
    The Minister said that he would arrange a meeting with the MAA and attend in person if possible and send a staffer along together with an independent actuary to discuss the issues raised by MCC.
    Rob said that issues we would discuss are a new type of recreational registration for trail bikes, a single seat registration category and a new LAMS category.
    The Minister agreed that the MAA should assist with investigating these changes.
    MCC also wants consistent ministerial staff liaison so that we don’t have to keep explaining our issues over and over again to new staffers as they come and go…. Preferably at Chief of Staff level. Minister agreed to this request.
    MCC also discussed the unfairness of tolling for motorcycles and stressed the importance of continuing use of bus lanes by motorcycles so that motorcyclists can continue to share the road with professional (ie: safer) bus drivers.
    Also discussed the effectiveness of the MCC at communicating safety messages to the riding fraternity and agreed to explore how MCC can play a greater role in working with government to improve motorcycle accident and injury rates.
    Rob pointed out that riders despise being told how “dangerous” and “risky” our form of transport is, particularly when it is bureaucrats and politicians doing the telling. This was noted by the Minister.

Discussions will continue, but I would like to think that this was a very good outcome for the work we put in.

I will keep you all updated as more comes in.

Warmest regards,

Rob Colligan

Chairman

Motorcycle Council of NSW

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Are these accurate ?
    quote:Bike Capacity Pre 1 July New Price 1 July Percent increase
    250 $252 $465 84%
    600 $663 $465 -30%
    750 $663 $682 3%
    1000 $663 $682 3%
    1150 $663 $880 32%
    1350 $663 $780 18%
    I found them in an online search to see exactly how much increase we are talking about..
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Those prices vary a lot depending on age etc.

My ttr600 renewal was 365ish and I got a quote of under 500 for a gsx1400

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    my rego for the 1050 was 622 [note the transit van business rego was 542]

Maybe a bit more creative thinking is needed.

Just say 2 or 3 bikes broke down in different lanes on a busy sydney road. According to some cops, lane filtering is illegal, so the 30 or so bikes behind couldn't pass...for an hour or so.

The Poms are getting good at protesting (over a bike parking tax)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPljEzv4DL8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfAtNX4zkVk[/youtube]

http://www.notobikeparkingtax.com/

FUCKING LOL

not a massive fan of such protest as the one in the u.k

i think that just pisses everyone off and makes them more anti bikes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123