Thread: china pics & story

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

china pics & story

some more random ones, tropical storm on here ow so ive been inside for 2 days arrrrgghhh

description might help

1- huangshuan mountains, really nice place

2-pool at the appartments where i live

3-engine and suspension build room at the workshop, carpet and A/C rocks

4- crusing with the workshop boys on a friday nite

heres looong write up i did for a thing here i copy and pasted the original draft -

born alice springs then grew up on a cattle property in south oz, as a kid riding BMX or dirtbikes was all i wanted to do my older brothers were both into bikes and one of them showed me wheelies on a pushbike, on a farm theres not much goin on so you ride a lot ha

at 11 i learnt to wheelie my xr80 by trying repeatadly for days/weeks until i sussed it out, looped my first sit down wheelie haha

raced MX till 16, saw a lot of angry parents yelling at kids for not being fast and you only got to ride 4 15min races a day it was fun and you learn a lot but i always had my heart in freeriding

16 i got a job as a mechanic money was terrible but being able to fix my own stuff has been a huge help, brother sent me a copy of judgement day (stunt dvd) and i was blown away, wed been wheelying our bikes for as far as we could around corners and stuff but never thought of taking our feet or hands off or trying standing on the seat hahah

then i was addicted haha i rode before work, during my lunchbreak and after work every day, had a registered CT125 ag bike that i learnt most stuff on, was always buying and fixing bikes then on selling them had a 1980 GS750 then got a 1989 gsxr750 as my first road bikes at about 19 and proceeded to ride them flat out everywhere (as you do)

22 i was living in brisbane and got a xr650 motard crashed it a lot but was really soild bike, did a lot of crazy street riding then got a CRF450 motard rode that for ages and loved it until i got bagged for riding it at a comp against roadbikes so decided to get a 600, bought a crashed f4i and set it up as a stunter

was very motivated to show that i could ride the 600 as well as the motard so practiced and crashed a lot, got my first handbrake and loved it alll the stuff i could do on my pushbike was now possible on my 600, was working in construction so when the new roads were completed the guys would let me ride there (no burnouts) for a couple of weeks before they were open to public haha was riding every nite for about 2 hrs in carparks, taking my own roadcones and just doin tech slow stuff, riding all bikes i could from 125 2 stokes to stock roadys

decided to try and go fulltime with riding and see what happened, learnt that you can survive on the dole quite well and ride a lot if youre smart about it and have some other untracable forms of income hahaha dont drink or smoke, eat healthy and life is really cheap!! got insurance through cunningstunts and tried to book shows and get sponsors, Bender hooked me up some really good gigs and got to travel a lot

but it was always very difficult time trying to get $$ from promoters lots of constant rejection and had to sell most things apart from my bike to keep going and make it to all the comps and shows i could, my older bro erska was a huge help he always thought i could do it and helped me a lot with buying fuel on his work card so i could keep riding haha

25 and mike rock helped me a lot making some great clips and i was lucky to get a call from a guy in america who was going to china and wanted another rider for a 6 week trip and needed a rider capable of performing on a wide range of machinery. this was a big boost as id had enough of trying to get shows and the hassles and bitching that goes with it, all i wanted to do was ride and some how it had got very complicated, had borrowed money to repair my bike and was just at the point of having to sell it to repay the loans

again my bro helped me get my visa and passport and i was off to china!! the last 18months has been huge, ive had a wild time and had some life experiences that have been amazing, sounds emo but at 27 now if i die tommorow ive lived more then most people live in a entire lifetime, my positon here has evolved a lot to the point that the stunting is a small part of it now, all the things ive doen somehow fit into the job positon here fantastic, ive got my racetrack instructor license so can go on track as much as i like and i teach at a lot of race schools, i love it its great to see people learn so mucha nd have a great time

i spend a lot more time in meetings and sending emails than i do on a stuntbike now, crazy really haha but thats how it goes i make my liivng from riding so you have to be prepared to sacrifice soem things, i still push hard every time i get on the bike but now i have to consider the implications for myself and also the company (www.bg-performance.com) if i crash and am unable to ride shows or instruct..also now i have to deal with orgainsing other riders for shows etc and they are a tricky bunch, just about every stunter or racer out there has some kind of crazy personal issues that affect there ridng

i appreciate the time i do get to ride now, and living in china is great i have a TZR125 i ride the streets as much as possible and you can wheelie everywhere people love it smile and wave not angry like in australia haha the personal freedom you have here is great suits my personallity awsome

off the coffee now on red wine now haaha woah that was a long story and thats the compressed version haha whats the morale of the story??hmmm you can do what ever you want in life have fun and look after youre good mates and do wheelies as much as possible haahah best way to learn is on small bikes not with power

so there you go if anyone actully reads thsi i hope it makes you feel happy or want to do wheelies or something

have fun peace out

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    You're a lucky fella,keep livin' it up!!

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    It's funny how you mention the freedom in China as opposed to what we see on the news.

It's like you still have the freedom to do stupid things and fuck up on a personal level...whereas if you try that in Aus, you'd be booked/fined into bankruptcy.

yeh i suppose they only put the bad stuff on the news, i just mean on a personal level i can walk out the door drunk as and ride my tzr into town for a feed no helmet and its not an issue, changes youre mentality everyone here rides drunk but they just cruise

i think the news is heavily pro-government censored but fucked if i know i cant understand enough mandarin yet haah i dont watch any TV

Good on ya Sammo, love it when I see people work hard and get to do shit most people only dream about.

hahaha dug this up from my mum! (shes cool has a 900ss) thanks mum you rock

1994 rockin the xr80 11 yrs old representing for all the gumboot wearing farmers out there hahahaha

Haha Thats awesome Sammo... & yes, it made me happy reading it!

Hey Sam,guts and determination we are all proud mate and your stunting always fires this old bastard up..its sad that australia is becoming such a nana society...all power to you el sammo

Good on ya El Sammo. That was a great read. Hope it all continues to go well and grow bigger for you.

Kris.

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Top shit mate , your not lucky (it's all your work paying off !) Enjoy the rewards mate. China has its freedoms still, but just don't piss off the locals in the know (the loop of power) and your fine, But if you've been there this long you know what I'm talking about anyhow.

Good on ya mate. Seems like it was worth it in the end. All worked out great

quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Top shit mate , your not lucky (it's all your work paying off !) Enjoy the rewards mate. China has its freedoms still, but just don't piss off the locals in the know (the loop of power) and your fine, But if you've been there this long you know what I'm talking about anyhow.
    yeh the local big guys here in zhuhai are into bikes so they like me, i got the shit kicked out of me in beijing a while back though, if you get in a drunk argumnet its not gonna be 1 on 1 like aust

i came out pretty well once they knocked me out they only hit me a few more times then let it go

1 on 1 in Australia.... Are you kidding me. hahaha. I don't think that there are men left anywhere nowadays. Everyone is a pussy and they all jump in when someone is down. Plus all the knives and other crap. It's all about how many friends you have around u now. All bullshit. Once you knocked the guy down, he's learnt his lesson I say, so be a man and walk away then