Thread: Derestrict SV650 gladius LAMS

Weekend Warrior
    unemployed homeless itinerate, Australia.

Derestrict SV650 gladius LAMS

Young bloke I know has got a SV650 gladius LAMS and wants to derestrict it.
    Googling suggests it's an ECU thing, and dear as to do via Suzuki. Anyone know how to derestrict one?
    Reflash?
    Possibly import ECU?
    Cheers
    G

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    would a smart tre do it?
    imported ecu would do it i'd say
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    You'll need to replace the ECU with one from a non-LAMS restricted bike.

ASF Standard Full Member
    From memory they are restricted in the pipe too. How long before young man comes off restrictions? Bike is worth more as LAMS than a desresticted 650. M2C
    :cool: Oblivious !!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia.
    I thought it was just the ecu so I rang the Suzuki dealer over here and they said it's illegal. He also said it may just be the ecu or there may be other mods you have to do as well (pipe, throttle stop) but he doesn't know for sure. He stated that it was illegal several times and the bike would no longer meet ADR's.
    For a new unrestricted ecu you could be looking at $2000 he reckoned.
    Second hand would be considerably cheaper.
    My thought is how would anyone know it was unrestricted? I'm betting the ecu looks identical apart from a different serial number. If the casing can be opened, the internals could be swapped over so that the unrestricted ecu is in the restricted case.
    Unless the coppers have a diagnostic tool to read it, I doubt they would know...
    Tough decision.

Weekend Warrior
    unemployed homeless itinerate, Australia.
    He's into dirt bikes, but hasn't had ticket long. Already wants more snot. Big future : )
    I've read the coppers will dyno them, but I find that hard to believe.
    Might check out O/S for a secondhand ECU, and check out the exhaust.
    Thanks for help.
    G

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Its ECU nothing more. saying that you should check that the secondaries are there, thats what the restricted ECU doesn't actuate.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Cops around here work on the principal if your doing over 130 its not lams approved and or going to hard for them to catch you easy lol want proof its still meets lams (roadworthy with dyno output asked for) guy got done on weekend. But he was doing a mono down the main street in front of 30 people at 10:30 sat morning to so prob deserved it being a dick lol

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Murray Bridge, South Australia, Australia.
    Well that would be the beauty of it. They request a dyno...you put the LAMS ecu back in...Problem solvered

Yep except you got to pay for the roadie and dyno time ! Looking at a bill of say $400 each time and they can pull youi over anytime they like for another, make for an expensive habbit lol PS gota love the ER6 kwaka lams model there is a bolt with blind head on the throttle cam on the butterflys limits travel snap it off and look out de-restricted lol

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    A few years back i had a Honda CB600 Hornet. Was a Jap import so was restricted to 19km/h. Got a chip for it which was in the speedo (about $200 I think) and then the exhaust outlet was restricted (replaced with aftermarket). Also the air inlet had some restriction plates in there which you could just remove

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    quick dyno run wouldnt cost more than a few tenners, not like they have to hook up the o2 sensors or anything

swing the dyno guy a few bucks and no doubt he could tweak the results to be whatever you want
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Fimp I wana find a dyno the coppers will take as legit that would do a bike run for $20 please give me there address! Here its $75 to push it into the shop and out again minimum charge! More like $200 is a comon price takes the same time to strap her down do a run even without a O2 sensor takes 5 sec to pop that in the pipe and turn the lock screw a turn or two.