Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hervey Bay here we come (maybe)

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by MONO

Amber mentioned that if we speak with Tim, the hotel manager, and if we have enough numbers for the night, we can book the beer garden as a function room if we want.
    Yeah that would be an awesome idea it's out the back and private from other patrons!

Weekend Warrior
    This sounds awesome,im in toowoomba and im definetly going to try to be there.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    fuck that would be right, i move away from 'the bay' and you organise a fighter ride in the sunnycoast hinterland DREW!! i miss riding the SE Qld corner with the lads, NQ just doesn't cut it.

All good i'm sure we can arrange something like this again around the xmas break when i can get back i'm sure, will defo have to make it a regular event!!

ASF Basic Full Member
    Righto Boys and Girls, here's the drum. I've checked Google Maps and it tells me that from the Gold Coast to Hervey Bay is 400k's and 6 hours at softcock speed. If it suits the boys from Hervey Bay we will meet at Landsborough P.O. at about 10.30 for the ride north. I personally will be travelling at the above mentioned speed as I am not rich enough to be paying any fines, so if anyone is worried about being left behind , don't be. The boys who ride with me regularly know that I am a very sedate rider and never speed. If anyone wants to travel at 200k's an hour the whole way, you go right ahead. I am definitly NOT the ride leader, just the ride organiser. All going well we should be in HB mid arvo where we can tell each other over a few beers how many corners we scraped the heronobs on. I would rather not have the beer garden to ourselves. I like being in the main area of the pub where we can mingle with the locals, play a bit of pool, and maybe pull a stray root. So for all the southeners, Landborough P.O. at 10.30

ASF Basic Full Member
    {{{{The boys who ride with me regularly know that I am a very sedate rider and never speed!!! }}}}
    you fucken lier.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    SPEED IS FOR LOSERS.

Weekend Warrior
    I'm happy to lead, if noone else wants to, or doesn't know where we are going. I'm happy with the meeting spot in Landsborough, what are peoples thoughts on the route i posted on the map above?? We can just as easy go up the highway if that is prefered.

I don't ride at warp speed, but call me a loser- when the road gets a bit twisty i tend to creep up to around 130 in places, but when we normally ride in a group we tend to ride majority of the time around 100-110, stopping at intersections so noone is left behind. This way everyone can ride at their desired pace and doesn't miss a turn or exit.

ASF Basic Full Member
    All that sounds just dandy drewboy, including the speeds you mentioned. The route you posted is just fine. It's the same way we went to 1770 last year. We only travel highways when we really, really have to. The only reason I mentioned the ride leaders' spot is that I lead for 90% of the way last year, but this year everyone should have all there points back so I plan on being down the pack a bit.

Weekend Warrior
    That's good you went that way last time, it should be fairly familiar to everyone. The best thing about that run(sunny coast to the bay) when you stay off the highway, you almost never see the boys on blue. All the times we've done that run we've never seen any, apart from around Gympie, but we never speed there.

Not sure yet how many bikes i'll have coming down for the ride back to the Bay, so far they'll definately be at least 2 bikes, but there'll be a few guys coming to the pub when we get back here. should be awesome.

cant make this one, have to save the pennys for philip island. will be there for 1770. have fun
    Ladies and Gentelmen, take my advise. "Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

ASF Standard Full Member
    will be comeing along on this little exersion sounds like a hoot. If anyone is rideing up to the meet point from round ipswich way or want to gather somewhere along the waymhappy to meet up plus noy 100 per cent on the meet point its been alot of yrs since ive been up there. Get the bike back this week so have to scrub in the new tyres before run the old girl will be singing along nicely and i look forward to meeting some of you guys as well
    without pain you dont know your alive

Rather than going from Landsborough to Maleney,i suggest going from Landsborough to Beerwah/Peachester then up Stanley River Road to Maleney.Probly the best part of the ride,other than Kenilworth twisties.Still waiting on my leave pass...looks like i'll be on a Ducati Supersport 900...how depressing.Havnt riden roadies for 3 years,so lookin forward to this 1.

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good Davo ,this time when you turn up at the ride starting point you'll be going with us .

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by davo

Rather than going from Landsborough to Maleney,i suggest going from Landsborough to Beerwah/Peachester then up Stanley River Road to Maleney.
    Sound good to me also, it's just down the road from Landsborough, and it is an awesome piece of road.

Weekend Warrior
    So what time Landsborough/Beerwah leaving, how many are going, and am I allowed to go on a KTM?

Weekend Warrior
    Specific times are yet to be decided but i'm hoping around 9am-10am, cos us Hervey bay guys need to ride down early. It depends on what time the brissy/goldcoast guys want to leave.

Puppet, of course you can come on a KTM! all bikes welcome, you can ride a honda postie if you want, might have trouble keeping up though! see you there.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Davo on a Deadcat, Puppet on a KTM, what is the world coming to. I assume, Puppet, that there are no fairings on this KTM. As long as it does stoppies and monos as good as the Zook who cares what you ride. In a previous posting I mentioned meeting at Landsborough at 10.30. Drewboy, would you be able to call past there at this time to see if anyone is there before coming down to Beerwah to meet the rest. Me and a couple of the boys will be at Beerwah as it's a waste of time going to Landsborough then back down to Beerwah.. We will be there at 10.30. That should give the Gold Coast/Toowoomba/Ipswich boys plenty of time to get there.

Blog Entries
    OK, me and Huddo are booked as well.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by Mr Hyosung

In a previous posting I mentioned meeting at Landsborough at 10.30. Drewboy, would you be able to call past there at this time to see if anyone is there before coming down to Beerwah to meet the rest. Me and a couple of the boys will be at Beerwah as it's a waste of time going to Landsborough then back down to Beerwah.. We will be there at 10.30. That should give the Gold Coast/Toowoomba/Ipswich boys plenty of time to get there.
    Yeah mate that's not a problem, we'll run through Landsborough at 10.30 incase anywone is there, then we'll meet at Beerwah. Anywhere particular in Beerwah we meeting?? cheers.

ASF Basic Full Member
    At a cafe or servo somewhere in the main street. I'm sure we won't miss each other.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast